SSM Greyhounds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
NHL Central Scouting Rankings:

1. Thomas Harley (9)
2. Ryan Suzuki (10)
3. Arthur Kaliyev (11)
4. Vladislav Kolyachonok (22)
5. Jamieson Rees (23)
6. Philip Tomasino (24)
7. Connor McMichael (28)
8. Nicholas Robertson (30)
9. Joe Carroll (51)
10. Billy Constantinou (54)
11. Nikita Okhotyuk (55)
12. Graeme Clarke (56)
13. Mike Vukojevic (61)
14. Matvey Guskov (63)
15. Jacob LeGuerrier (72)
16. Maxim Golod (94)
17. Cole Mackay (96)
18. Nicholas Porco (101)
35. Cullen McLean (180)

I'm so impressed with all of these young guys and the steps that they have take this season. Legurrier in particular has made very impressive gains in his offensive game.

The Hounds continue be the best team in the league at developing NHL talent, despite our limitations in recruiting. That surely helps to entice players like Jaromir Pytlik to report here.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I keep hearing about the Wolves pp. How is this possible?
Man I wish I knew. Everything from zone entry to puck recovery, not simplifying and shooting more. Hot potato passing, lack of net drive and net front presence. All the things you’d imagine combine to produce these results or rather lack thereof.

Last edited:

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Nice little break for the Hounds if 6 days off between games. Hope they rest up and prepare for the stretch run and tune up for the playoffs.

Reactions: BehindSooNet

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Good luck to Joe Carroll heading to the SWTP game tomorrow night. The kid is a gem. Wish Leggy got an invite too!

Reactions: Houndsfan22

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Yes, but I think they want to see the 17 year olds. I might be wrong.

Edit. Nah, I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: PuckLife

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
- Pytlik misses Jan 26 & Jan 27
- Pucek day-to-day
- MacKay day-to-day
- Carroll - at Top Prospects, will he be back for Saturday?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Only watched the first period, but Joe Carroll looked timid and coughed up the puck twice on the boards in the defensive zone on the same shift, leading to team Cherry's first goal.

Cherry combo of Nick Robertson and Arthur Kaliyev looked dangerous everytime they were out.

Anyone else watch?

Hardcore Techno

Mar 28, 2018
I noticed the other team boards are busy lately. Hounds is quiet. Why, we know they are handling their business.

OhSheila

Aug 28, 2015
Kitchener
The Hounds have drafted well, developed well and played well. No big changes needed at the trade deadline. Would not want to meet them in the playoffa

Reactions: Fischhaber

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
Just got home from the game... bitter out.

A few observations/perspectives...

The defense seem to be coughing the puck up a lot when under pressure. It’s becoming more noticeable lately. This needs adjustment prior to the playoffs. If a experienced team recognizes this trend, it will be difficult to play away from it.

I didn’t hate the overall game today. I find Kitchener played overly aggressive and took some liberties outside of the play. This is to be expected from a team that has to play above themselves. What else do you try against a team like the hounds where you will be outmatched with individual skill.

In the end, this is necessary for progression. We still took a point so the loss doesn’t hurt as much. We can certainly learn a bunch as we were subjected to a style of play that isn’t what we typically see in today’s game.

Finally... disclaimer, this may be just me and that’s fine...it’s just my opinion.
Score every goal and make plays that bring people out of their seat....It doesn’t matter in the end. If Frost continues to be the best player when the puck is on his stick and when it’s convenient for him, it will continue to put his line at a disadvantage. Again, maybe the overwhelming offensive output provides the leeway that allows for this style of play. Its just that I’ve seen him control the play at both ends, with and without the puck. I just don’t understand why he is allowed to get away with such laziness at times. Huge circles when he loses the puck; long slow skate back to the bench when he feels like his shift is over. This is hard to watch and I’m sure I’m not the only one who sees this.

Reactions: PuckLife

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
The Hounds have drafted well, developed well and played well. No big changes needed at the trade deadline. Would not want to meet them in the playoffa
OhSheila
Do you still not want to play the hounds in the playoffs ?
They seemed to give the hounds trouble and they were aggressive on our D creating lots of turnovers I think we won’t want to face the Rangers in the first round

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Question soo hound girl.....will we see a full lineup from the Hounds Thursday? Any notable injuries suspected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad