GDT: Springfield Flames @ Cape Fear Kings, 8:00PM on HNIC

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
I cant believe im saying this but I kind of hope they do this to us again next game to secure a rebuild

Trae

Calgary
I don't see how this club has any more integrity than one that tanks. This club just doesn't try hard
This is a pretty convincing statement for me, to be honest. Granted I still don't want to blow it up entirely and sell every last asset, I definitely agree we need sell.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Darryl is the perfect guy for the Kings, a big and fast team exactly how he likes it

Glad to see him have success else where

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
I don't see us being sellers at the deadline because:

a) Let's get real. This is Feaster and King. And they've got a "rock solid" and "intellectually honest" plan they're not about to deviate from.

b) Who would we sell? The Flames aren't letting go Iginla clearly. But after that who? We're not going to get good value for anyone.

I'm just hoping for blowout losses game in and game out so as to be sure there isn't a single shadow of doubt in the minds of management that this team is complete and utter garbage. This year, let's realize we're garbage and maybe this time next year we can try and address it. Seriously, this is how little I think of the Flames direction.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

a) Let's get real. This is Feaster and King. And they've got a "rock solid" and "intellectually honest" plan they're not about to deviate from.

b) Who would we sell? The Flames aren't letting go Iginla clearly. But after that who? We're not going to get good value for anyone.

I'm just hoping for blowout losses game in and game out so as to be sure there isn't a single shadow of doubt in the minds of management that this team is complete and utter garbage. This year, let's realize we're garbage and maybe this time next year we can try and address it. Seriously, this is how little I think of the Flames direction.

I know this is the point you're getting at but I feel the need to express my opinion. Not to you, but just in general.

This "intellectual honesty" ******** is the biggest pile of ****ing **** I have ever heard. I'm not sure that anyone in this organization knows what "intellectual" or "honesty" even mean because I sure as hell don't see any intellect or honesty from anyone upstairs.

This team sucks, plain and simple. There is no way around it, they are not good enough and sooner or later, the idiots upstairs are going to have to acknowledge it. I can only hope that when they do, it won't be too late. But I know better than to get too hung up on that happening.

I feel bad for Iginla. I won't begrudge him a single bit if he decides to pack his bags and pursue a cup elsewhere. He deserves better than the **** that happens here.

/rant

vindogla

Jul 3, 2008
Darryl is the perfect guy for the Kings, a big and fast team exactly how he likes it

Glad to see him have success else where

Gentlemen and Ladies, Kings fan coming in peace and with respect.

I was at tonight's game and sat in the last row of where the Flames shot twice but I really like that vantage point. The other end would of course be superior, but oh well.

Thank you for the compliment on Darryl, we all love him and he is priceless on interviews and the comments he makes as I'm sure you all remember.

Your team had a number of brilliant flashes and the two goals scored were things of beauty. Cammi I think loves to score against us! We used to call him "the midget" haha.

There were a number of times where the Flames had a good forecheck going and kept the Kings' handsful. Also the 5-3 PP but that's where the game turned.

I honestly kept looking for your #12 but he just didn't seem to be a factor. If you rebuild, sometimes you have to let go ala Rob Blake for the Kings and others. One word: youth.

Darryl, Richards and Carter were the final keys to our cup win but there were many other nuances involved which also were critical.

Good luck to you guys if you rebuild, just don't get married to Iginla if you rebuild and if you are get ready for the divorce. He doesn't have the time left to wait.

Also, Jackman got the better of Clifford but you could see that coming all night. See ya'll Monday.

weephil56

Feb 28, 2013
Belfast
lol and there is the difference between and elite team and an average team in the NHL lets do some macthups bewtween the teams. Goalies- Quick elite goalie has speed presence youth, Kipper Good goalie has experiance but is old and not as fast as he used to be. Defence-Doughty Elite defenceman has great speed passing is superb can score can check block shots u name it he does it on that team, Jbo-average defenceman can skate can shoot sometimes pass rubbish at checking and most other defence duties. Forwards- For LA this is difficult because they have so many options up front wheras the flames have a few but I will go for the 2 that are considered the stars- Kopitar elite centerman Has the speed skills and passing of any top NHL forward also has size and the ability to back check and help the defence then spring an attack, Iginla good player ageing doesnt have the physical presence he once had still has the eye for goal just not the speed to get him there. I could matchup the rest of the team but there is no point the simple message is the flames team is at best average whereas the Kings have elite players the whole way through their team hopefully the rebuild comes soon and the flames can enjoy a team like that in years to come.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC

They haven't thought of the rebuild because they've always been in the playoff hunt. If this trend continues for another 2-3 weeks they will be for the first time completely out of the playoffs without believing they can crawl back in. We've never seen Feaster and King in this situation so I think we could very well see a different approach this time around. I think 4 years of no playoffs is enough to send a message that there's no such thing as a quick fix.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
I know this is the point you're getting at but I feel the need to express my opinion. Not to you, but just in general.

This "intellectual honesty" ******** is the biggest pile of ****ing **** I have ever heard. I'm not sure that anyone in this organization knows what "intellectual" or "honesty" even mean because I sure as hell don't see any intellect or honesty from anyone upstairs.

This team sucks, plain and simple. There is no way around it, they are not good enough and sooner or later, the idiots upstairs are going to have to acknowledge it. I can only hope that when they do, it won't be too late. But I know better than to get too hung up on that happening.

I feel bad for Iginla. I won't begrudge him a single bit if he decides to pack his bags and pursue a cup elsewhere. He deserves better than the **** that happens here.

/rant
+1. As I said to you last night, Iginla looked completely unsatisfied. I honestly wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he is traded at the deadline.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
What we saw last night is a preview of what would happen to the Flames in a first round playoff match. We can't compete with the top teams. We NEED to be sellers at the deadline. Turn the page on this gong show and get rid of this country club atmosphere that's been here for years now.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Barkov would be awesome. Gaudreau feeding the puck right to him in the slot for a snipe is something I can stand to watch for the next 15 years :clap:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Maybe..I think he could go as high as 3 personally though. We shall see!

Yea this year is kinda crazy as Mackinnon and Drouin are on the same team so scouts are split on who is better and then there is Jones who could be a real good #1 defenseman, and of course Valeri Nichushkin is flying up the rankings. I could see Barkov going as high as 1st and as low as 6th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad