GDT: Springfield Flames @ Cape Fear Kings, 8:00PM on HNIC

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
:flames (9-9-4) are in Cape Fear to play the :kings2 (12-8-2)

I can't believe it's not Butter!

When? 8:00PM
Where? Hockey Night in Canada
Live Streams: www.atdhe.eu

The projected lines for your Springfield Flames

image.php
image.php
image.php

image.php
image.php
image.php

image.php
11spb21.jpg
image.php

optimizedmcgratton.jpg
2evugeq.jpg
15yjjna.jpg

image.php
image.php

image.php
51spxx.jpg

25auhr5.jpg
2vv2vx0.jpg

image.php

Flames Season Leaders
Mike Cammalleri and Therapy for Glencross leads the team in goals with eight
Jiri Hudler leads the team in assists with 12
Jarome Iginla leads the team in points with 18 (7G, 11A)

Injuries
N/A

Scratches
Cory Sarich
St. Lord Anton of Antonlandia
Tim Jackman?

The projected lineup for the Cape Fear Kings

Dustin Brown - Anže Kopitar - Justin Williams
Dustin Pancake - Mike Richards - Jeff Carter
Dwight King - Jarrett Stoll - Trevor Lewis
Kyle Clifford - Colin Fraser - Jordan Nolan

Jake Muzzin - Drew Doughty
Rob Scuderi - Slava Voynov
Alec Martinez - Keaton Ellerby

Johnathan Quick (Expected)

Players to watch (courtesy of the Flames website):

Anže Kopitar
Los Angeles’ most productive player this season, Kopitar has seven goals and 20 assists in 21 games this season. He’s been particularly dangerous of late, recording 10 points in his past eight games. The six-foot-three, 225-pound forward leads all Kings forwards in ice time, averaging over 20 minutes a game of action, too.

Dustin Pancake
Though he’s only got seven points on the season, Penner’s play has been positive over his last four games. The imposing winger has assists in four straight games as the six-foot-five, 245-pound Winkler, MB product looks to get his season on the right course with the Kings.

Jordan Nolan
Leading Los Angeles in fighting majors this season with five, the six-foot-three, 225-pound Nolan may find a dance partner with Brian McGrattan. The 23-year-old has found a way to chip in offensively as well, with two goals and four points while playing minimal minutes for the Kings.

Goaltenders Matchup:
Miikka Kiprusoff (This Season: 3-4-2, 3.07 GAA, .881 SV%)
Johnathan Quick (This Season: 7-7-2, 2.59 GAA, .895 SV%)

More Information Before The Game Today:
Flames are coming off a 4-0 loss lastnight to the Catfish Lake Ducks
Johnny Quick is the expected starter tonight
The Flames and Kings were 2-2 in their season series last season
Jeff Carter is hot for the Kings, with 10 goals in his last 9 games
Cape Fear is 7-2-1 at home this season
Springfield is 3-4-2 on the road this season

And finally...

GO :flames GO

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2009
Tanguay has hair and Kiprusoff doesn't? :huh: It should be the other way around. Plus, McGrattan is spelled wrong.

This could end up being the road trip from hell.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Tanguay has hair and Kiprusoff doesn't? :huh: It should be the other way around. Plus, McGrattan is spelled wrong.

This could end up being the road trip from hell.

This is not the first Simpsons themed GDT, this shouldn't be news to you. I will say that if the Flames don't come out with a W in the next two games we can pretty much kiss the playoffs good-bye, and even then it will be tight. Very very important games coming up.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Most fans seemed pretty level-headed and calm after last nights loss. And I certainly believe the players are buying into Hartleys system and reaping the benefits overall.

The fact remains however, that if we get 3 out 6 points in this California swing we remain in 12th or 13th in a holding pattern. If we get 4 out of 6 points(sweeping the Kings - yeah right) we consider the trip a success and yet we are really only 1 point above that holding pattern. And lastly if we come back with 0 or 1 of a possible 6 points(very likely) then we're finished.

It won't matter that Hartley's system is taking shape, that the team is playing better.

The fact is our only NHL centremen is Matt Stajan. Hartley and our team buying in can only do so much.

So while I appreciate that everyone seemed pretty level-headed and balanced after last nights Good effort-loss. There is zero hope if we don't basically sweep these Kings games of having any hope of making the playoffs.

Not trying to be a debbie downer, but it's just reality.

Good performances without 2 points just don't matter anymore

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I'll summarize why we're going to lose tonight.

The Kings have so many quality NHL centermen they have them playing wing.

The Flames have so few we have our wingers playing center.

Against a guy who runs his bench, and match-ups like Darryl does(not that he needs match ups against the Flames) beating LA is near impossible

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Most fans seemed pretty level-headed and calm after last nights loss. And I certainly believe the players are buying into Hartleys system and reaping the benefits overall.

The fact remains however, that if we get 3 out 6 points in this California swing we remain in 12th or 13th in a holding pattern. If we get 4 out of 6 points(sweeping the Kings - yeah right) we consider the trip a success and yet we are really only 1 point above that holding pattern. And lastly if we come back with 0 or 1 of a possible 6 points(very likely) then we're finished.

It won't matter that Hartley's system is taking shape, that the team is playing better.

The fact is our only NHL centremen is Matt Stajan. Hartley and our team buying in can only do so much.

So while I appreciate that everyone seemed pretty level-headed and balanced after last nights Good effort-loss. There is zero hope if we don't basically sweep these Kings games of having any hope of making the playoffs.

Not trying to be a debbie downer, but it's just reality.

Good performances without 2 points just don't matter anymore

The good news is we are only 4 points out. With games in hand to boot.

The bad news is we're two points out of last and have a rough schedule to finish the season.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
What's with all this Simpson ****? Apparently a hockey forum got even lamer in the past few weeks.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
I wonder if Comeau can build on yesterday's game. First half was probably the best I've seen him on this team. He was dominating.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Farewell Sven. You will be a great player on a different team... :cry:

Meanwhile, COMEAU. :rant:

Nah, this is a fine move. Sven needs minutes, he'll get them in Abbottsford. Maybe if we sell at the deadline we can call him back up for some top 6 minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->