Prospect Info: Springfield Falcons Discussion - Coyotes AHL affiliate

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Saw that you guys instilled Niles as the GM of Springfield.

On behalf of Buffalo fans, I apologize for this development. He was just AWFUL at signing veterans to help our farm team. And 90% of the time, those veterans that were signed for Rochester/Portland just wound up in Buffalo anyways.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Saw that you guys instilled Niles as the GM of Springfield.

On behalf of Buffalo fans, I apologize for this development. He was just AWFUL at signing veterans to help our farm team. And 90% of the time, those veterans that were signed for Rochester/Portland just wound up in Buffalo anyways.

Have you seen what we had for the last number of years? Anything and I mean anything will be an improvement.

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
Per THN so far:

Out:

Bolduc: Signed in the KHL
McNeil: Signed in German league
B. Burke: Not qualified- UFA
Laplante: Not qualified- UFA

In:

Plachta

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Why? He was one of the best players for the Pirates and his leadership and character were unmatched... It might not show up on the scoresheet, but it critical for the development for the younger players.

Just don't want one of Tippet's boo thangs getting the call up over one of the kids. Especially with a few more center options available this upcoming season

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Why? He was one of the best players for the Pirates and his leadership and character were unmatched... It might not show up on the scoresheet, but it critical for the development for the younger players.

Agree, but it is time to move on.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
I believe Wildcat's point is that the right vets are crucial to any success your AHL affiliate has and Bolduc certainly filled that role effectively, although the team's performance wasn't what everyone would have liked to see.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Per THN so far:

Out:

Bolduc: Signed in the KHL
McNeil: Signed in German league
B. Burke: Not qualified- UFA
Laplante: Not qualified- UFA

In:

Plachta

Not sure if he's big enough to get THN credit but is Danny O'donaghue a free agent or have one year left?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Still no word on a coaching staff for Springfield? Maybe announced at the draft?

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
ECHL fodder and AHL insurance if Visentin gets re-injured/Langhamer struggles? I'm figuring Lee isn't qualified. Domingue and Visentin should be qualified.

NHL:
Smith
Domingue

AHL:
Visentin
Langhamer

ECHL:
Beskorowany

If DM finds a NHL back up (Lindback, etc), everyone would shift down a notch. I haven't heard if we're renewing our ECHL team or not.

I would assume that we would also get a uniform annoucement regarding the Falcons threads on or after the draft Coyotes threads are released.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I really think Domingue should be our back up. He played well enough behind the monstrosity of a roster we played last year. No need to spend the money on a back up in my opinion. Said back up wouldn't get any more games than Domingue anyways

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Rather have Dom be THE guy in Springfield this year. Show he can handle a full season workload as a number 1 then have him come in as backup the following season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad