Blue Jays Discussion: Spring training! (next TV game: Sunday 1p ET/10a PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers

doesn't matter if she is the hottest person on earth, the argument that we shouldn't judge a guy because of the hotness of his girlfriend/wife is stupid. Really argument should be don't judge people by their looks.

He has $150 million dollars he could look like a potato and still have a hotter wife than the rest of us

doorman

Nov 8, 2012
Thunder Bay
Chris Davis' wife's name is Jill. I recommend all who have made reference to his appearance google her, compare your lives accordingly, and realize why it's hilarious.

That is all.

I am more then happy with my life. Is she good looking yup, however I think my wife is hot bias or not and seeing as she makes more money then me I also know she loves me out of bad judgement not for 150 million other possible reasons!!!! lol

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
I am more then happy with my life. Is she good looking yup, however I think my wife is hot bias or not and seeing as she makes more money then me I also know she loves me out of bad judgement not for 150 million other possible reasons!!!! lol

It makes me smile knowing that HF has married people using it.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Blue Jays sign J.P. Howell. He is the lefty I have had my eye on for years, I like the addition, curious to see the money.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Excellent!!!! Like the one year deal. Dont want to sign a LOOGY to multiple years. Give me Breslow or another lefty on a one year deal too.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So Osuna, Grilli, Biagini, Howell, Loup, ?, ?

With the ? being competition between guys like Barnes, Sparkman, and others

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Rosenthal says it is in the $3M range. I would imagine that there will be a significant amount of incentives. Otherwise, Howell is a steal at that price.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

IDK if they need a similar right handed. I think Barnes could fill in that role just fine. 1 competition spot isn't a lot when I want both Barnes and Sparkman to have a chance

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
And Bolsinger is out of options.

Yeah I know, he's in that competition too, but honestly Biagini is there if you need a long man. (Sparkman too if he makes it) They're going to stretch him out in spring in case they need him to start(injury), but he should be in the pen.

Bolsinger is an option if all else fails but unless Sparkman is a dud, Barnes is bad and Floyd sucks I like one of those 3 ahead of Bolsinger.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

“he’s a great guy,†anthopoulos said. “the first thing that comes to mind is outstanding guy in the clubhouse. Great influence to the guys in the bullpen. One day whenever he’s done playing–which is hopefully a long time–i could see him being a coach and doing some things in the game but great competitor, not afraid at all. I remember seeing him out of the draft [in 2004], so i’ve been familiar with him for quite some time.â€

“it’s not big stuff but if you look at the results each year he gets very good results out of the bullpen even though there’s not a lot of power to his stuff,†anthopoulos said. “he can really pitch and he’s not afraid and he brings great experience to the bullpen…it seems like a great move [for the blue jays].â€
"the thing with j.p. Is he’ll take the ball, you ask him to go three innings he’ll go three innings," anthopoulos said. "you ask him one [he’ll go one], so he really can do anything at any time and he won’t say no to anything. He’s a manager’s dream in that respect."

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
what are your guys (early) expectations for the season?

Playoffs. I think we'll be in tough to beat Boston for the division, but it's possible. If I were to bet, I would bet the team makes it in the Wild Card.

The team is slightly worse than last season on paper (Morales, Pearce, Howell, and Liriano vs. EE, Saunders, Cecil, and Dickey).

We had some bad luck last year, though (top 5 run differential, and a 21-25 record in one run games etc).

I also think Shapiro & co. will be quick to retool/rebuild & slash payroll if we miss the playoffs, so I really hope we make it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad