Blue Jays Discussion: Spring training! (next TV game: Sunday 1p ET/10a PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Considering he was always the one to blame when the team was struggling, you'd think back-to-back ALCS appearances would be enough to buy him a bit of time.

Nah, it's not about that. A lot of the players are still here from the back-to-back ALCS too, does it mean that change won't happen everywhere if they struggle?

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Nah, it's not about that. A lot of the players are still here from the back-to-back ALCS too, does it mean that change won't happen everywhere if they struggle?

Player changes and managerial changes are completely different, though. If the team is struggling, it would make sense to trade some of the veteran players because they have current value and future value. In that situation, their current value is being depressed by the team's inability to compete, so you have the option of acquiring future value by trading them for someone who will contribute when the team is good.

With Gibby, it's keep him or fire him.

oilers89

Jun 4, 2008
Medicine Hat
I thought about lawre coming back, then I looked at his instragram. He is a very unique individual and I can see why personality rubs people wrong and how he could only be tolerated for so long

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
ill never wish an injury on someone and itd feel lame to be happy about beating a team down. Plus he was one of my favs before a jay.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
ill never wish an injury on someone and itd feel lame to be happy about beating a team down. Plus he was one of my favs before a jay.

Besides it's not like he was like Vince Carter. Guy played a few months for us and continued his plan to test FA. I won't wish injury on someone just for going to a rival especially if he barely played for us. Sure injuries to their team could help us but these guys are human and I wouldn't wish that. I'd rather prove we can beat a healthy Red Sox ;)

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
As for Lawrie, I loved his passion and was a big fan of his but since he left I've realized he seems like a guy you don't want in your locker room. A guy with skill playing on as many teams as he has seems like a red flag especially since one of those teams gave up Donaldson for him.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
As for Lawrie, I loved his passion and was a big fan of his but since he left I've realized he seems like a guy you don't want in your locker room. A guy with skill playing on as many teams as he has seems like a red flag especially since Billy Beane lost his mind.

Fixed it for you. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad