Blue Jays Discussion: Spring training! (next TV game: Sunday 1p ET/10a PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
Well, the guy who did the hacking has been banned from baseball and is going to jail, so that's also something.

This is the biggest thing that people are forgetting. I do however still believe the Cardinals organization got a slap on the wrist and the Fowler signing looked like a way out of paying up a top pick but maybe not and this was just "fair" punishment.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
This is the biggest thing that people are forgetting. I do however still believe the Cardinals organization got a slap on the wrist and the Fowler signing looked like a way out of paying up a top pick but maybe not and this was just "fair" punishment.

The stupid thing is that they could have easily just given the Cards' first and second round pick to the Astros and had them lose the third for signing Fowler. While the penalty would essentially be the same for the Cards, at least it looks a bit more severe.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
448801.jpg

Hi I blackmailed your owner into giving me $150m to play ***** baseball.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Smart move Davis, try to rile up a guy who's made a living out of smashing your team even more than he already is right now. Makes sense though, he took so many K's last year that he wants to mix it up and take an L.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Also, Bautista was one of the guys who came out and defended Davis a few years ago when steroid questions were popping up. Guess he's just not that good of a guy.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
The idea behind most long-term, big money contracts is that the first few years have enough surplus value that they make up for the negative value of the last few years. Considering 2016 was barely a break-even year based on the $17 million he made, chances are he won't come anywhere close to earning the value of the $119 million he's owed over the next seven years, let alone the $42 million in deferrals he'll be owed beyond that point.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Guys, it's probably not a great idea to make fun of other players' ears when you're defending Jose Bautista.

doorman

Nov 8, 2012
Thunder Bay
Guys, it's probably not a great idea to make fun of other players' ears when you're defending Jose Bautista.

I gotta do what I gotta do!!! I wonder if those bad boys pick up extra heckling from the stands?

That quote makes me happy I am taking my dad to the Baltimore series in April, should be good.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I gotta do what I gotta do!!! I wonder if those bad boys pick up extra heckling from the stands?

That quote makes me happy I am taking my dad to the Baltimore series in April, should be good.

I'm not saying you shouldn't do it because it's mean or anything. I'm saying... you've seen Bautista's ears, right?

doorman

Nov 8, 2012
Thunder Bay
I'm not saying you shouldn't do it because it's mean or anything. I'm saying... you've seen Bautista's ears, right?

I am blinded by the love of the jersey and the overwhemling chin Davis also sports, he almost looks like he was hit in the face with a shovel!!!!

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Chris Davis' wife's name is Jill. I recommend all who have made reference to his appearance google her, compare your lives accordingly, and realize why it's hilarious.

That is all.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Chris Davis' wife's name is Jill. I recommend all who have made reference to his appearance google her, compare your lives accordingly, and realize why it's hilarious.

That is all.

It'll always be more fun to make fun of the Orioles for that contract, anyway.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia

That is all.

Multi-millionaire athlete who is in extremely good shape, likely has oodles of confidence, and (outside of the way his ears look in that particular picture) is a pretty good looking dude has extremely attractive wife. Everything checks out.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Multi-millionaire athlete who is in extremely good shape, likely has oodles of confidence, and (outside of the way his ears look in that particular picture) is a pretty good looking dude has extremely attractive wife. Everything checks out.

She's all right, certainly nothing spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad