Blue Jays Discussion: Spring training begins today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I don't think the Jays are uncomfortable with Pompey as a starter. Having Bruce however, who despite having a similar knee injury to Saunders two years ago is a consistently healthy outfielder, allows Pompey to be a depth option in AAA in case of injury (rather than an inevitable early call up).

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
I don't think the Jays are uncomfortable with Pompey as a starter. Having Bruce however, who despite having a similar knee injury to Saunders two years ago is a consistently healthy outfielder, allows Pompey to be a depth option in AAA in case of injury (rather than an inevitable early call up).

And thats worth 12M?

Garlando

May 5, 2014
Kingston, Ontario
And thats worth 12M?

Nope but the Jays Front office must think so! Honestly I think Nemesis said it best in that this trade seems like a "fans" trade...all about those dingers! Maybe he improves this year though, his BABIP was low last year and he's now in a division with much more friendly LH Power confines. If he hits .250-.260 ish with 25 - 30 ish HRs and makes that lineup even scarier...there's got to be some value in that. Not 12M worth tho. Trying to be optimistic

Jays front office must not believe in the health of Saunders...

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm becoming slightly unnerved by how the trade chatter has just gone dead silent in the last half hour or so. On the one hand, maybe the deal fell apart. On the other hand, maybe it expanded and maybe that was in the worst possible way.

So what you're saying is that they should give Bruce HGH like they did Jose :sarcasm:

Nah. Jose never got the HGH. It was all corked bats and stolen signs. Buck Showalter knows what's up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad