Blue Jays Discussion: Spring training begins today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
This goes under the "Use your brain and not your heart" section for me.

Absolutely. As I have stated before, Jose is my all-time favorite Blue Jay. However, unless there is a contract that makes sense then thank Jose for all he has done and collect the draft pick.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Its gonna sound dumb, but I kinda feel we owe him. Joey has been the heart of this organization for years. He's been through the bull*hit, the crap, the media.
Right now we are contenders. We need Jose and he can help us. And is it really a big deal if we overpay for 3-4 years if he helps us win a WS? I mean there's no hard salery cap or anything. We owe him and He owes us.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah, If Jose was asking for anything more than 20+ than I would move on.

See if EE can be signed as DH.

I don't see Jose playing RF past this season anyway. (or at least SHOULD play RF)

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Its gonna sound dumb, but I kinda feel we owe him. Joey has been the heart of this organization for years. He's been through the bull*hit, the crap, the media.
Right now we are contenders. We need Jose and he can help us. And is it really a big deal if we overpay for 3-4 years if he helps us win a WS? I mean there's no hard salery cap or anything. We owe him and He owes us.
We gave him an elite career when he was a journeyman player. We don't owe him anymore then he owes us.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Just throwing this out there but we do have this guy waiting in the wings...

546990.jpg

...some of you pre-April 2015 fans might know him :sarcasm:

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
not only is it not ridiculous, but it's obvious.

in fact, it takes a lot of deliberate blindness to ignore it.

There is literally nothing to back that up beyond your own interpretation of a quote that said nothing even remotely approaching what you're suggesting it said.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
No we gave him a ***** team when he was an elite player. Now we owe him slightly while he's a very good player.

Jays gave him a nice long term contract when he could have tried his magic at a 2nd elite year in his final arb season. The businessman that Jose is, he probably should have tried his hand at getting an opt out.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
bruce + votto + for jose and Edwin, if they accept, helps both teams direction, gives them financial relief, gets us 2 lefts to mix in. but it would be a lot more complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad