News Article: Sportsnet: Trouba Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Ya, maybe it's too much. But I think Petan will be a second line guy once Stafford is gone. I think he can be very good. Roslovic peaks as third line centre IMO but he's got a long ways to go to get there. Armia and Dano are expendable as I don't think we have room for both long term, but I could be wrong.
edit: Petan could in fact be stuck on third line due to Wheeler, Ehlers, Connor, Laine on our wings. But him and MP would be so skilled there for the next few years.

I was okay paying him Reilly money now he can sit and take the 4.3 million comparable points wise he is worth. With that contract he will be vary tradeable and he will be out of our hair sooner than later.
After all it's not about the money.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
But that seems like sound coaching. You're not going to make it tougher on the worse player. The coach is supposed to get the most out of the team.

Not disagreeing with it being logical coaching at the time. But from a retainment POV it's horrible idea. Team used Trouba to help cover up for a horrible contract/player, but now it's costing. PMO did what he had to, to cover up for Chevy mistake and now Trouba is doing what's in his best interest and now Chevy is forced to clean it another mistake he helped create in the first place.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I never called it "great", either. I said optimal, it was about the best they could have expected given the circumstances.

Agreed. Chevy dragged his heels hurt Kane value vs the year before or before that. Now we learn Chevy has known about the trade demand for about 5 months and done nothing yet to-date that we know of, let's hope he didn't spend another whole summer at the cabin and had plenty of talks

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
So now 3 young top ten picks have demanded out over the last 2 years. Frolik walked for nothing, they were forced to deal Ladd for
rental prices....

Can't wait to see what happens with Bryan Little next season in his final year! He goes... Blake won't be far behind.

You are very selective in your examples to try and support your "the sky is falling" mandate, and very inaccurate as well.

Buff Scheif Perreault all unequivocally wanted to remain here, as did Wheeler when he signed a few years back, along with Little who signed with us, and lets not forget that Bogo and Kane choose to sign here as well.

We were not forced to do anything with Ladd, we choose to trade him.

Basically everything above is called hockey operations, the good and the bad, and it exists on all teams.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
So when would you have traded them, and for what?

I won't speculate on specific returns, but you've gotta think there was a deal to be had with Edmonton and Bogosian back in 2012-2014.

Kane was worth a ton after scoring 30 so early in his career. This was after he'd already asked for a trade. I would've favored a 1for1 deal like the Johansen/Jones swap. That or a lottery pick & add-on which may have been available as late as the 2014 draft.

Last edited:

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Just stopping by to offer my condolences to all y'all for being on the receiving end of yet another Overhardt RFA charlie-foxtrot. Hoping it ends well.

Not blaming the agent. Trouba hired him to do exactly this.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Why do I feel that had Trouba roomed with anyone other than Bogo that first season, this wouldn't be a happening today.

I listened to Perreault's interview, hats off for saying exactly what most are thinking, MP surprised me with his honesty, and I respect that.

There was a time I wondered if Perreault wanted to be here but after this interview, he is all in with Winnipeg.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
So when would you have traded them, and for what?

Very reliable source (broke the Perreault signing to me) told me there was a Kane for Oshie swap being discussed in the summer of 2014.

No idea about the specifics of that deal, but gives an idea his perceived value at that point.

Sixty Minute Man

Apr 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Mb
Here's a trade I'd do -

:jets

Trouba, Petan

:isles

Hamonic, De Haan

Fair?

De Haan would be a fantastic acquisition. I too would be hesitant to give up Petan; maybe start negotiations with a lesser prospect and/or picks and see if they'd bite. In the end, I'd live with it.

Can you imagine:

Enstrom Buff
De Haan Hamonic
Morrissey Myers
Chiarot Postma

That is a deep, skilled group of defenseman.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Very reliable source (broke the Perreault signing to me) told me there was a Kane for Oshie swap being discussed in the summer of 2014.

No idea about the specifics of that deal, but gives an idea his perceived value at that point.

So I've heard, and it would have given us a better player at the time, and the trade would have looked lopsided today.

However, then we're at a point where we're discussing relative values. How much more value did Oshie have in 2014 compared to Stafford+Armia+Lemieux+first rounder in 2015? More? Likely, but how much more?

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
It's nice to know Jets fans are not going to desecrate the Jersey by burning it. Never understood that.

Jerseys are freaking expensive. It'll just stay in my closet together with my Bryan Little Thrashers jersey.

I'd buy a Laine jersey, but it seems I'm bad luck.:laugh:

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
All players hire agents to look out for their best interests.

Oh good grief. They do not hire their agents blindly. Kurt Overhardt only has work because he operates a certain way, and there is a market for it. There may come a time when players draft position suffers because this man is their agent. Some GMs may refuse to deal with him altogether.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
So I've heard, and it would have given us a better player at the time, and the trade would have looked lopsided today.

However, then we're at a point where we're discussing relative values. How much more value did Oshie have in 2014 compared to Stafford+Armia+Lemieux+first rounder in 2015? More? Likely, but how much more?

Quality is better then quantity most times. Stafford was/is a 3rd liner at best (we got about 20 games from him in this trade) and two questionable prospects who were low on Sabers list and a late 1st. Last time I seen the numbers Bogo performed better then Myers post trade. At best the trade was "ok" imo and yet to see how any of these dark horses turn into anything more then 4th line plugs/filler/AHL filler. Oshie would of been much better trade

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Jerseys are freaking expensive. It'll just stay in my closet together with my Bryan Little Thrashers jersey.

I'd buy a Laine jersey, but it seems I'm bad luck.:laugh:

Yea don't tempt it, there already was a speculation thread of Laine's upcoming trade request on the trade board.

ComplexChris

#RideTheLAINE
Feb 27, 2014
Lainepeg
Just watched Copp's media briefing, he seemed like he didn't want to talk about it at all but also seemed like he really understands where Jacob is coming from...

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Oh good grief. They do not hire their agents blindly. Kurt Overhardt only has work because he operates a certain way, and there is a market for it. There may come a time when players draft position suffers because this man is their agent. Some GMs may refuse to deal with him altogether.

As you say yourself, there is a demand for agents like him, he is very rich off it as are his clients. Anyone holding it against another person for earning their full potential needs to look in the mirror.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Just watched Copp's media briefing, he seemed like he didn't want to talk about it at all but also seemed like he really understands where Jacob is coming from...

Many who look at it objectively without their Jets hat on will see Trouba's POv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad