Sportsnet Rumor: NHL to buy Thrashers and move them to Winnipeg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McEwen

Oct 19, 2009
I'll believe it when it actually happens.
Otherwise, it's Sportsnet trying to get viewership.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i hope not....they're actually getting their crap together...plus I might move back to the ATL.....I need there to be hockey there

TheLaughsWeKnow*

YESSSSSSS. ANOTHER TEAM TO CHEER FOR OTHER THEN T.O

:handclap:

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
:laugh: They're not going anywhere. They've kept Arizona there this long just to up and let Atlanta be moved no problem? What a joke.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
I motion that the first person to use the words "deserving" or "undeserving" or any variant thereof be beaten with steel rods.

btn

Gone Hollywood
Feb 27, 2002
ATL
Visit site
It was such the hot rumor after the GM meetings that it doesn't get broken until the very end of a rumor segment several weeks later.

This board is for trade and free agent speculation and discussion. Moving it to Biz of Hockey board.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I think that would be admitting they were wrong to put it there in the first place, which they won't do. So I highly doubt this happens. Hopefully their attendance holds up all year because they are playing very inspired and awesome hockey right now.

peter sullivan

Winnipeg
Apr 9, 2010
if/when this rumour turns out to be true, it will show how controlling the NHL really is....bettman is there behind the scenes, buying and flipping teams so that he can get his franchises into the hands of the people he wants, at the prices he wants and at his timeline.

its obvious that there will be no selling of teams directly to a relocation owner....its quite funny.

neofury*

Atlanta finally has an exciting team to watch! I hope they don't move take another team that's doing poorly like FLA.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
if/when this rumour turns out to be true, it will show how controlling the NHL really is....bettman is there behind the scenes, buying and flipping teams so that he can get his franchises into the hands of the people he wants, at the prices he wants and at his timeline.

its obvious that there will be no selling of teams directly to a relocation owner....its quite funny.

^
You do realize that Bettman isn't that powerful correct?

He is just the public face of league ,,,, BOG controls NHL

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
:laugh: They're not going anywhere. They've kept Arizona there this long just to up and let Atlanta be moved no problem? What a joke.

The NHL is a joke. The NHL has already told Atlanta to get its "stuff" together or they might move the team. So with PHX they will do anything to keep a team there, but Atlanta gets a threat. Every city, every team, every owner, gets different treatment.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
The NHL is a joke. The NHL has already told Atlanta to get its "stuff" together or they might move the team. So with PHX they will do anything to keep a team there, but Atlanta gets a threat. Every city, every team, every owner, gets different treatment.

Everything and everyone, wether owners or players, get different treatment from the NHL.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
The NHL's going to move a southern U.S. team north of the border.

Right.

The last time they did that, wasn't it the Atlanta Flames to the Calgary Flames...;)
Winnipeg Thrashers... How does that sound?

If this happens, what a ****ing joke the League is. Fight tooth and nail to keep the Coyotes in Phoenix, and then go and move the Thrashers themselves. Atlanta is the team that they should fight to keep. If the NHL loses the Thrashers, you can say good-bye forever to Atlanta as an NHL city... two teams relocated.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
I can't see it happening, at least not right now.

It's only been a week since the NHL has been legally able to sell the Coyotes to TNSE. Until that situation is resolved, I don't think rumors of any other team moving to Winnipeg hold much merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad