OT: Spoiled Fans!

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
After years of futility the Bruins finally won the cup and then returned 2 years later losing a great series to a very good team.

Then last year they iced on paper what is the best Bruins team I've ever witnessed and they came up short to the hated Habs.

Guess what it happens its sports and that is why you play the game! We as fans have been spoilt over the last 5 years and because they are struggling to start a year we are all freaking out?

Yes they had to deal Boychuk which sucks and we all have our whipping boys but Chicago had to face the same reality and deal Ladd Buf Niemi etc... LA is an anomaly. Pittsburgh has two of the best players in the world and can do anything. They likely shouldn't have dealt Seguin but hindsight is 20/20 and they were trying to win now.

I'm at work and rushed this post. Not the best at articulating things but please Lets calm down and put things in perspective. There is still a lot of good young talent on this team.

The sky isn't falling. The Bruins will still be relevant this year. Just enjoy the ride and thank God it's not 2006 or whatever year Lewis was coach and Tenkrat was the man!!!

Last edited:

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
After years of futility the Bruins finally won the cup and then returned 2 years later losing a great series to a very good team.

Then last year they iced on paper what is the best Bruins team I've ever witnessed and they came up short to the hated Habs.

Guess what it happens its sports and that is why you play the game! We as fans have been spoilt over the last 5 years and because they are struggling to start a year we are all freaking out?

Yes they had to deal Boychuk which sucks and we all have our whipping boys but Chicago had to face the same reality and deal Ladd Buf Niemi etc... LA is an anomaly. Pittsburgh has two of the best players in the world and can do anything. They likely shouldn't have dealt Seguin but hindsight is 20/20 and they were trying to win now.

The sky isn't falling. The Bruins will still be relevant this year. Just enjoy the ride and thank God it's not 2006 or whatever year Lewis was coach and Tenkrat was the man!!!

You better look up...
I'll say it before you can...the Leafs are brutal and Boston is worlds better and it's the truth but I think Boston's window is closed. Chara's age is finally showing and I'm likely wrong but I see a lot of Boston's success tied directly to that man.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
I'm honestly just looking forward to seeing what Chia pulls out of the bag around the deadline. He must have something in the pipeline, he must

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I'll enjoy the ride if/when it actually becomes enjoyable... maybe that makes me spoiled. If you watched all of our games so far, and if you have an ounce of objectivity, then you should be worried. Is the sky falling? No, but are we playing poorly enough to warrant disdain? Absolutely.

The 2011 cup, 2013 finals appearance, and 2014 President's trophy are irrelevant to this team on this present day; the sooner our front office, players, and fans realize this- the better.

Last edited:

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I'll enjoy the ride if/when it actually becomes enjoyable... maybe that makes me spoiled. If you watched all of our games so far, and if you have an ounce of objectivity, then you should be worried. Is the sky falling? No, but are we playing poorly enough to warrant disdain? Absolutely.

The 2011 cup, 2013 finals appearance, and 2014 President's trophy are irreverent to this team on this present day; the sooner our front office, players, and fans realize this- the better.
Well said, and spoiled. Not spoilt.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

The 2011 cup, 2013 finals appearance, and 2014 President's trophy are irreverent to this team on this present day; the sooner our front office, players, and fans realize this- the better.

+1

This is easily the worst this team has looked since 2010. You know, the same team that dumped a key goal scorer and got nothing to help soften the blow in the short term, which led the offense to drop off substantially. Sound familiar?

Every time this team has shown signs of slipping, i backed them. Mostly because i knew it was nothing more than a blip on the radar at that time. Now though? It's not a blip. It's holes in the roster.

I like how other fans just gladly drink the Kool-Aid and refuse to admit this team is playing badly. That's called homerism. Recognizing your team has faults is called realism, not being spolied

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston

The ups and downs are all part of the fun. Except when the season ends.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
+1

This is easily the worst this team has looked since 2010. You know, the same team that dumped a key goal scorer and got nothing to help soften the blow in the short term, which led the offense to drop off substantially. Sound familiar?

Every time this team has shown signs of slipping, i backed them. Mostly because i knew it was nothing more than a blip on the radar at that time. Now though? It's not a blip. It's holes in the roster.

I like how other fans just gladly drink the Kool-Aid and refuse to admit this team is playing badly. That's called homerism. Recognizing your team has faults is called realism, not being spolied

That's just you thinking this. I've watched most games since I can remember, and I really can't remember what happened throughout every season that far back. I can check stats and see through sheets, but the eye test I can't recall and just mostly guess. Maybe some of you guys have a better idea of how they really played back then and who's better now, or worse, or whatever, but I doubt it.

Team is playing bad, but it's underachieving. QC says
"The 2011 cup, 2013 finals appearance, and 2014 President's trophy are irreverent to this team on this present day; the sooner our front office, players, and fans realize this- the better."

It's not irreverent. A team that just had that much success, after 6 games of bad play, where players have yet to get their games going, we should just be on the side of the coin that says, this team looks to be going down hill, it's just not bad play. I think it should be the opposite. This team needs to prove to me they truly got worse, they have to play bad a longer stretch than this to make me think their now no longer contenders.

Team can use some tweaks, but this current group has prove much, much more than this first 6 games of the season. I'm not writing this team off the way it is, and if they can get another piece or two, other team's can talk about how the Bruins don't look the same all they want all season long. But when the playoffs come, no one will want to draw the Bruins again, 8th seed or not.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That's just you thinking this. I've watched most games since I can remember, and I really can't remember what happened throughout every season that far back. I can check stats and see through sheets, but the eye test I can't recall and just mostly guess. Maybe some of you guys have a better idea of how they really played back then and who's better now, or worse, or whatever, but I doubt it.

It's not irreverent. A team that just had that much success, after 6 games of bad play, where players have yet to get their games going, we should just be on the side of the coin that says, this team looks to be going down hill, it's just not bad play. I think it should be the opposite. This team needs to prove to me they truly got worse, they have to play bad a longer stretch than this to make me think their now no longer contenders.

Team can use some tweaks, but this current group has prove much, much more than this first 6 games of the season. I'm not writing this team off the way it is, and if they can get another piece or two, other team's can talk about how the Bruins don't look the same all they want all season long. But when the playoffs come, no one will want to draw the Bruins again, 8th seed or not.

It was more of the fact i remember several nights of the Bruins putting up well over 30 shots and not having a goal to show for it. Rookie Rask getting hung out to try by a non-existent offense, stuff like that.

The only difference back then was the defense was still rock solid.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
Spoiled with 1 real win in 6 games ? 1 cup every 40 year shouldn't be enough for any fan.

Exactly! The one who's spoiled is Milan Lucic.. He has settled in nicely into his what 6.5 Million..

This team sucked last night playing against the Habs, which by the way is the most heated rivalry in all sports. Rask had red jerseys all over his crease buzzing the whole game. Their wasn't even one fight.. Oh well were spoiled.. How much are those tickets?? :cry:

qc

Aug 23, 2011
The ups and downs are all part of the fun. Except when the season ends.

The ends justify the means. If we get our **** together and peak at the right time (similar to '11), then that's one thing. But if the valleys outnumber the peaks, then we should not be satisfied.

I enjoy the sport and this team and I always will, but I'll always exercise my right to call this team out when they're underachieving. As I've already stated, the sky isn't falling, but don't tell me for one second that it's clear and blue right now.

You're right, I meant to say irrelevant.

member 96824

sky-is-falling-o.gif

:laugh: I just love that gif

I will say as someone who's feel pretty down on this current group. I was frustrated during the offseason, and believed this was coming....now that it's here it doesn't make it less frustraing, actually more because I didn't foresee guys like Marchand, Seidenberg, and Lucic struggling like they have. My hope is like in 2012, the end of October comes and they see themselves at the bottom of the standings and THAT gets them in gear. I think that may be what it takes from this group....or maybe it doesn't. Maybe they need a serious shake up. I can't tell..but I know this team is far from being void of criticism starting straight at the top in Neely/PC and working its way down.

Maybe that makes me spoiled? I'm not sure, but I don't believe the B's have made the necessary moves to ice the best possible roster this year...with Chara being the age that he's at, similar to the Pats not giving Brady anyone to throw to. Awesome they got 3 super bowls a decade ago, but when you look back on the last 10 years...the question lingers in at least my head "How did they not win more? How did they only get to the super bowl once in that 10 year stretch" given a look at the entire situation.

The past success they've had is great...but this is a different team than the team that won the East a couple years ago, and a very different team than the one that won the cup. Throwing in the 2011 Stanley Cup DVD doesn't really do much for me when the team is towards the bottom of the east and has a -6 goal differential.

Johnmbs1962

Jun 25, 2014
I don't think there's anything wrong with being disappointed in our current performance and roster. But I think there's a double standard on this board with the "forget the past, we're talking about now" attitude we're supposed to have.

I mean this is a board where Seguin, who is now in his second year on another team, is a daily discussion on this board. We talk about him here more than Dallas does. Talk about something we need to get over.....

Last season ended badly followed by a bad offseason and a bad start to this season. It hasn't been a lot of fun lately. It's no surprise people are cranky. I'm cranky too....

But there's a pack mentality where we over-react to every little thing our players do. Meltdowns every second day over nothing. Trade everyone.....

And then we're supposed to forget all the good things that this team has done while holding on to every bad thing that has happened....

I don't think people are spoilt to expect the best of the team in a cup window. But I do think people need to take a step back and calm the hell down.....

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
sky-is-falling-o.gif

:laugh: I just love that gif

I will say as someone who's feel pretty down on this current group. I was frustrated during the offseason, and believed this was coming....now that it's here it doesn't make it less frustraing, actually more because I didn't foresee guys like Marchand, Seidenberg, and Lucic struggling like they have. My hope is like in 2012, the end of October comes and they see themselves at the bottom of the standings and THAT gets them in gear. I think that may be what it takes from this group....or maybe it doesn't. Maybe they need a serious shake up. I can't tell..but I know this team is far from being void of criticism starting straight at the top in Neely/PC and working its way down.

Maybe that makes me spoiled? I'm not sure, but I don't believe the B's have made the necessary moves to ice the best possible roster this year...with Chara being the age that he's at, similar to the Pats not giving Brady anyone to throw to. Awesome they got 3 super bowls a decade ago, but when you look back on the last 10 years...the question lingers in at least my head "How did they not win more? How did they only get to the super bowl once in that 10 year stretch" given a look at the entire situation.

The past success they've had is great...but this is a different team than the team that won the East a couple years ago, and a very different team than the one that won the cup. Throwing in the 2011 Stanley Cup DVD doesn't really do much for me when the team is towards the bottom of the east and has a -6 goal differential.

If I could give this post a hug, I would.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I don't think there's anything wrong with being disappointed in our current performance and roster. But I think there's a double standard on this board with the "forget the past, we're talking about now" attitude we're supposed to have.

I mean this is a board where Seguin, who is now in his second year on another team, is a daily discussion on this board. We talk about him here more than Dallas does. Talk about something we need to get over.....

Last season ended badly followed by a bad offseason and a bad start to this season. It hasn't been a lot of fun lately. It's no surprise people are cranky. I'm cranky too....

But there's a pack mentality where we over-react to every little thing our players do. Meltdowns every second day over nothing. Trade everyone.....

And then we're supposed to forget all the good things that this team has done while holding on to every bad thing that has happened....

I don't think people are spoilt to expect the best of the team in a cup window. But I do think people need to take a step back and calm the hell down.....

very nice post well said.

the funny part is most of the time its the same people that are yelling to forget about the cup and SCF because its about NOW who won't let it go about Kessel/Seguin or whoever being traded. Very funny indeed. :laugh:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
very nice post well said.

the funny part is most of the time its the same people that are yelling to forget about the cup and SCF because its about NOW who won't let it go about Kessel/Seguin or whoever being traded. Very funny indeed. :laugh:

Here's the rub with that, Scotto. They are two totally different things.

The Cup win, and trip to the SCF, happened. It's over. It was wonderful (former more than the latter), but it's over. The team is not (or should not) be feeling any lingering effects from those events.

The Seguin trade, the Kessel trade, even the Thornton trade? Those all have a direct effect on this team today and how it is constructed. Talking about the former is reliving the glory days. Discussing the latter DOES have to do with current state.

You really can't see the difference?

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Wouldn't be shocked if he makes some move well before that

He is doing what most here wanted him to do. Giving the kids a chance to make the team. they are all getting a shot and they are all blowing it. So the same vocal group screaming that Chia doesn't give the kids a chance are the same that are screaming because there are holes (provided by the kids that are blowing it).

I for one believe he will give it a bit more time but if the kids don't step it up will then make step 2 in the plan a go.

member 96824

Can someone fix the title? My slight OCD is going off like a tornado alarm

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to Wisconsin

I'm at work and rushed this post. Not the best at articulating things but please Lets calm down and put things in perspective. There is still a lot of good young talent on this team.

I agree. The majority of Boston sports fans are spoiled and bi-polar.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I agree. The majority of Boston sports fans are spoiled and bi-polar.

And you know what? I have no issues with that for fans that are there through it all. None. Be demanding, be bi-polar. Have high expectations. Just stick with it through the ups and downs.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Here's the rub with that, Scotto. They are two totally different things.

The Cup win, and trip to the SCF, happened. It's over. It was wonderful (former more than the latter), but it's over. The team is not (or should not) be feeling any lingering effects from those events.

The Seguin trade, the Kessel trade, even the Thornton trade? Those all have a direct effect on this team today and how it is constructed. Talking about the former is reliving the glory days. Discussing the latter DOES have to do with current state.

You really can't see the difference?

I dissagree Kate. Because in order to make the push to win the cup you have to give up future assets to make that move. Such as trading for Kaberle, or moving Wheeler/Stuart, or signing Iggy to bonus money that carrys over. You can't say that the cup win or the finals or the attempted run last year has no impact on what the team is trying to do this year.

yes it happend, yes its over but so is the kessel/Seguin/Thornton trades and yes they have a direct effect on this team today and how it is construected but so does each and every push for a cup run and the moves made for them.

You really can't see the similarities?

If you can talk about the history of one you should be able to talk about the history of both as they both impacted todays team

if you can't talk about one you shouldn't talk about the other.

it's the double standard to only be able to talk about the one that supports your view in play.

when you feel you are in a legit spot to make a run you make moves you otherwise wouldn't to get over the top.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
In a world of "what have you done for me lately" this board is hilarious.

First games when the Bruins lose, terrible team, trade everyone.

Bruins out-shoot Detroit by a 2-1 margin, Rask looks good, the team is back.

Lose to the Habs, everyone sucks.

Relax, this team may not be as good as last years, but it isn't as bad as this years, if that makes sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad