JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
DNDjUVK.png

That’s epic.

Reactions: haak84

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
I honestly did not realize how popular your franchise is. Ignorant me, i guess. Exciting!
I've never quite understood why....but HF Devils, relative to actual fanbase size, is an absurdly active board. Other takeaway from the pic below is our mods treat new threads like cancer, which is generally a good thing and makes navigating the forum easier.

upload_2018-3-11_17-40-44.png

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I don't buy this he's still hurt meme with Cory. If he is still hurt (especially after the first time he ostensibly tried to play through pain didn't exactly go that well) then someone needs to be fired - either the coach or the medical staff that rubber-stamped him coming back. If this is Cory hurt then **** that, I'd take KK and Eddie Lack at 100% over Cory at 50% or whatever people want to claim he is.

But I don't think he's hurt, tentative and out of sync maybe but I don't think this organization's that negligent to rush him back right at the point KK and Lack had found a groove.

Like most pro athletes, Cory isn't going to complain about nagging injuries. As Keyshawn would say, "Just gimme the damn ball."

I am a nice guy.

See my happy face? :D :D :D :D :D :D

As long as you aren't tweeting :P

njdevils19

Jan 11, 2007
Northern NJ
I've never quite understood why....but HF Devils, relative to actual fanbase size, is an absurdly active board. Other takeaway from the pic below is our mods treat new threads like cancer, which is generally a good thing and makes navigating the forum easier.

View attachment 104031

If you take out Canadian teams I think this board is like 5th among all other teams in post count, for whatever that is worth.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If you take out Canadian teams I think this board is like 5th among all other teams in post count, for whatever that is worth.

And the Canadian teams have the Canadian media to feed them all sorts of contreversial ********, we get nothing and like it from our beat guys.

Reactions: Bleedred

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

View attachment 104031

I absolutely love how little threads we have compared to other boards. Sometimes I'll go to another team's board and they literally have a thread for every. single. thing. It's so annoying. Then I come back here and it's just awesome :)

But yea, we're an active bunch here for sure.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would clarify this: We barely get any news because we hardly have any beat guys left!
I actually miss Gross over the last couple of days. I never really disliked him though, like most people here did.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I actually miss Gross over the last couple of days. I never really disliked him though, like most people here did.

I thought Gross was a bit better than TG in certain aspects. I'm probably a minority in that though. TG had volume, but i didn't always like his coverage. Gross was good the first year, then it looked like he stopped giving a shit by this season.

Too bad he ran off and now we get nothing, but I guess it makes sense. Everyone in that field is moving to the tightly controlled media PR stuff. Either coprorate NHL league (like what TG did), or corporate NHL team. No one is left to challenge the status quo anymore if you get your news from Devils PR and NHL PR opinion guys.

We have to make our own news here.... :eek:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

I'm hoping Masisak is good for the Athletic.

I subbed a long time ago just for their general coverage. Was really hoping they'd be able to get Gulitti on the Devils beat.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
His fill in absolutely sucks.

Haven't even followed his fill in. Between Amanda, Chris and to a lesser extent Morreale I get enough Devils' coverage. Honestly it's kind of nice not having Gross just for the reason that it's one less person saying basically the exact same stuff lol

Here and there they'll have a story that's unique but for the most part it's just updates from practice and games.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey

I subbed a long time ago just for their general coverage. Was really hoping they'd be able to get Gulitti on the Devils beat.

Doubt TG will come back. He went from local regional to pretty much league national coverage, its more of an upgrade for him. He just needs to tow the company line and do what NHL wants him to write about and he'll probably have job for rest of his career. Doesn't have to do any investigative (anaslysis) like the standard beat writer who may even attempt to challenge the organization. Unless he doesn't like doing that.... he won't go back to beat...

Now we've got no one (except for star-ledger) to be questioning Shero or company (particularly as they're doing fairly well), but even so, has anyone really bothered Hynes about Mueller? They asked once, and Hynes gave his shit like "Muellers great, I can to play him 18 minutes if i want to", but no one asked "Why? Why isn't Mueller playing?"

Now we mostly get Devils PR (amanda) and the Star Ledger guys. Who else will ever do any challenging analysis of the coach, GM, organization, etc..

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

How much does The Athletic cost? Is it like $4.99 a month or something? Just how good is the coverage? That's what I'm wondering.
Doubt TG will come back. He went from local regional to pretty much league national coverage, its more of an upgrade for him. He just needs to the company line and do what NHL wants him to write about and he'll probably have job for rest of his career. Doesn't have to do any investigative (anaslysis) like the standard beat writer who may even attempt to challenge the organization. Unless he doesn't like doing that.... he won't go back to beat...

Now we've got no one (except for star-ledger) to be questioning Shero or company (particularly as they're doing fairly well), but even so, has anyone really bothered Hynes about Mueller? They asked once, and Hynes gave his **** like "Muellers great, I can to play him 18 minutes if i want to", but no one asked "Why? Why isn't Mueller playing?"
I remember Randy J. Miller, he was the one who started pressing Pete a bit, but we only had him for like merely months before he went back to covering the Flyers.

I bet TG's NHL.com job pays more than The Athletic, but maybe it doesn't. It does seem obvious that The Athletic is paying more than a local paper, which is why a lot of prominent writers have been picked up by them over the last year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad