Spider-Man - Released - PS4

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
That's what I'm working on right now. I've noticed somethings are easier because I've gotten use to the gameplay (ie.chasing down the pigeons, and car chases), but man the big guys hit hard....

I never understood the complaints about the piegeons on r/SpiderManPS4. I caught them all in my first playthrough without much difficulty.

But yeah, the big bruisers in the DLC present a legit challenge. Which is fun because by that point I was wildly OP.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I never understood the complaints about the piegeons on r/SpiderManPS4. I caught them all in my first playthrough without much difficulty.

But yeah, the big bruisers in the DLC present a legit challenge. Which is fun because by that point I was wildly OP.

For me it was still getting used to the swinging and movement mechanics during my first playthrough. I find as the game got along in some chases I used point launch a lot more, it took a bit to understand that it was better at some times (esp. during Taskmaster Bomb challenges)

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

My only complaint with the pigeons was how I'd be chasing some gangsters in a car and Spidey would be blabbing on about how the pigeon was getting away.

Priorities, man!

Reactions: Loosie

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Almost finished my new game plus play through. Came upon the MJ mission where you creep around Norman’s penthouse. I kinda forgot about a lot of that exposition. It was very well done. They did a great job making Norman (and Harry) very sympathetic figures.

Edit: finished new game plus on ultimate. Now I have 100% trophies again. First game ever doing that.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So I just started playing it last night and have a couple of questions...

- Do you eventually get used to the controls? I was having some trouble because in combat almost every button is extremely important in not dying and got lost in what they do consistently.

- What is the best way to tackle gunfire? Any special perks I should use my skill points towards?

- Are any of the DLC's worth it?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
So I just started playing it last night and have a couple of questions...

- Do you eventually get used to the controls? I was having some trouble because in combat almost every button is extremely important in not dying and got lost in what they do consistently.

- What is the best way to tackle gunfire? Any special perks I should use my skill points towards?

- Are any of the DLC's worth it?

1 - To make combat easier you should focus on two things: keep moving and don't forget you have gadgets and your web. One thing I did a lot was abuse the swinging kick because it gives you breathing room, it makes managing combat much easier. Try to stay in the air as much as possible.

2 - I haven't played this game in a while but the electric web shooter is pretty damn amazing so I recommend it. I am not sure how far in the game you unlock it though...

I did not play the DLC so I can't help you. I did hear that they introduce some challenging new enemy type(s) so if you end up loving combat, people will likely say "it is more of the same, worth it if you can get a good deal" which is what most DLC is in the end.

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Thanks DMST,

Got another couple of questions...

- I upgraded some perks for my suit, do those transfer if I decided to buy another suit?

- Does the game have a crouching button, I just got to the Fisk Asian Museum Collection where you have to sneak around and it's kind of confusing to know if I am in or not in crouch mode for a silent takedown.

The game has been quite impressive thus far, but more importantly I've had the most fun since P5.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I don't have the game anymore so I can't verify but I don't remember there being a crouch button.

I never changed suits either. I really liked the one they made for the game.

Glad you are enjoying the game. It was my GotY last year despite me also really enjoying God of War (took a while for combat to click in GoW for me). Swinging around and getting better at it is just so damn fun.

Last edited:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
New game+ on the hardest difficulty was surprisingly easy with everything upgraded and 208 hp. Only real trouble that I had was with those flying Sable guys on a couple missions, where at least 5 of them spawn at the same time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad