Spider-Man - Released - PS4

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Hate for no reason? Really?

The Arkham series was probably my favorite in gaming and the tank battles completely ruined AK. I tried starting a second play through a month back and could barely get into it. It ruins the immersion and it feels like a chore every time.

I just purchased this game and have Lakers about an hour of it. For some reason I just can’t get into it. I’ve never played the other Arkham games. Maybe it’s because I felt like there was really tutorial and I have no idea what I’m doing is a part of it. There was some early challenge where I’m supposed to get to level two and bomb four cars or something and I tried for a half hour and couldn’t fire four missiles in a row. No clue what I’m doing.

Now I’m trying to save firemen but have no idea really where to find them or where I’m going. I’m assuming that’s just a more random side mission you run into? The map doesn’t explain a lot to me either.

I’ll probably keep playing but I find the game kinda confusing so far.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Hate for no reason? Really?

The Arkham series was probably my favorite in gaming and the tank battles completely ruined AK. I tried starting a second play through a month back and could barely get into it. It ruins the immersion and it feels like a chore every time.

It certainly felt intrusive at first, but once I got used to it, learned how to control it properly, and started unlocking some upgrades I actually started to enjoy the bat tank battles.

I played the hell out of both Arkham City and Arkham Knight and I would take Knight over City 100 times out of 100.

Sep 19, 2008
The only reason I don't have Arkham Knight is because it's somehow not included in Origin Premier. Else I'd be playing it right now. I heard a few negative things about it but again...Batmobile.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
The only reason I don't have Arkham Knight is because it's somehow not included in Origin Premier. Else I'd be playing it right now. I heard a few negative things about it but again...Batmobile.

Multiple Batmobiles! And you can drive any of them around the city, only thing is some of them don't have 'battle mode' so you cant do any of those missions in them, but like that even matters.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Beat it tonight. Fantastic ending to a fantastic game, with a few caveats.

First, the camera (particularly on the last boss fight). I found the low FOV to be extremely frustrating and a little nauseating, especially when stuck in a boss arena.

Also, a minor detail, but the game warns you before the end that it's the last time to get all your suits and gear...but then forces you down one particular path. It makes some sense from a narrative perspective, but I found it odd to promote choice and then rip it away. Same goes for the forced stealth sections - taking away my toys and choices I worked for and got used to using can get a little annoying.

That aside, I highly recommend this game....even if you, like me, aren't a fan of the open world style of repetitive fluff quests - they can be avoided for the most part and, at its core, you have a great game here.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Good god this is an amazing game. It really captures the essence of Spider Man and you fantasize of what he should be.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Platinumed Spider-Man last night. First ever platinum trophy. :DD

Turned out the one missing trophy was the hidden one you get for completing all the minigames in Doc Ock's lab. :rolleyes:

Thankfully you can just skip them all.

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
Platinumed Spider-Man last night. First ever platinum trophy. :DD

Turned out the one missing trophy was the hidden one you get for completing all the minigames in Doc Ock's lab. :rolleyes:

Thankfully you can just skip them all.
You can’t skip them for the trophy

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Marvel's Spider-Man: First DLC Pack Out Next Week, Includes 3 New Suits - IGN

DLC drops Tuesday Oct 23, 2018.

New Game + releases tomorrow!

:wave:

The DLC will include new story missions, crimes, challenges, Trophies, Spider-Man suits, and a new enemy faction.

Here are the suits coming in the DLC next week.

45293992982_8e1daa1514_b.jpg

Per the blog: "NG+ allows you to play the story and all activities in the open world again with all of your unlocked suits, skills, gadgets, mods, and benchmarks from the beginning. While playing NG+, you’ll be able to unlock those final items while cleaning up your trophy list!"

The update also adds two new trophies, one for finishing the game on Ultimate Difficulty, and another for finishing a NG+ run.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Digging into the DLC a bit now.

I like the relationship dynamic they have added with Peter, MJ and Black Cat.

Only thing is (and this is kind of consistent across a lot of media with lead male protagonists, it happened with Arthur Morgan in RDR2 as well) Peter behaves like a completely lock sick fool. He doesn't seem to have any confidence in his relationships with women and is always just begging for a woman to forgive him or take him back or whatever. It doesn't feel like a believable character trait, that Spider-Man, would be so lacking in confidence that he can't speak clearly to the women in his life. Persistent adolescence is a baked in character trait of way to many male protagonists.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
DLC pack 3 releases December 21.

45293992982_8e1daa1514_b.jpg

44937266945_0a9df76437_k.jpg

eg9qmvety1421.jpg

#2 had far and away the best suit selection. And the Spider-Armor Mk 1 looks different in game. It is the classic silver armor suit...not sure why it looks all black in the picture.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Lotsa spoilers in this post so don’t read it unless you’ve finished at least the main story. Not gonna tag it though cuz the games been out several months now.

100% all the DLC so now have all the trophies save for the final 2 from the NG+ (In progress) Ultimate playthrough.

Also need to unlock the NYU outfit with the secret photos. Strange that it isn’t required for 100% but that’s fine with me.

I loved how they wrapped up Yuri’s story through the audiotape clues, can’t wait to see where that goes. Also very interested in where any Black Cat story could go. Am significantly less interested in where MJ’s story goes. Here’s hoping she serves some fun and useful exposition in the next game, othetwise I wouldn’t mind her fading into the background.

Love how they’ve tee’d up Miles for the sequel, which can’t possibly be too far off. I can’t wait for Insomniac to tell their version of a symbiote saga; especially how they might tell it with having both Peter and Miles on the board to play with story wise.

My dream for the sequel (and Insomniac made a game that is so perfect to me that I feel like whoever made that game is already inside my Spider-Man loving head), my dream is we have a bit of a time jump, several months to a year, and Peter and Miles are working together Batman and Robin style, both as playable characters. They start dealing with the symbiote issue and it stars infecting Peter just like the classic story. Eventually peter loses control, Miles becomes the main player character, and you have to stop Peter and get the symbiote off of him. Miles is successful, yadda, yadda, yadda, Eddie Brock becomes Venom, and then do whatever you want. Maybe Venom is the Big Bad, maybe it is the Green Goblin and/or Hobgoblin....whatever. That is the basic outline of my fantasy sequel.

Ideally they bring back ALL the outfits in the current game, but so long as I got the classic black symbiote suit then I will be satisfied. They can make up their own original symbiote for the main story, but ya gotta give me the classic black and white.

Anyway, for as much as I have always loved Spider-Man and waited for a game exactly like this, this could be my favourite game of all time. It’s perfect.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I'm surprised people are so excited about the costumes. They look cool but they don't do much.

You just aren't a big enough fanboy/girl. :cool:

Never knew what that white suit is but I do think it looks really cool.

Bombastic Bag Man was in the original PlayStation Spider-Man game so it is a classic.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Finally got all the secret photo locations and unlocked the NYU suit, the final suit I needed to unlock.

Now all that is left is finishing New Game Plus on the highest difficultly level (which isn't actually that hard) to get the final two achievements.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Got it for Christmas and finally cracked it open the other day thanks to the suggestion of @OhCaptainMyCaptain. Also tagging to continue the conversation here. I'm starting to go around right now and fix all the towers. The fighting mechanics are taking some time to get used to, and I officially suck a chasing cars.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->