Spider-Man - Released - PS4

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I've recently discovered that my local library is basically a video game rental building that no one uses. Picked this up. Playing the hell out of it and really enjoying it. I'm still not fully used to the buttons (counter/dodge being on anything other than the top button in a game of this style is almost criminal) but it's a lot of fun.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I've recently discovered that my local library is basically a video game rental building that no one uses. Picked this up. Playing the hell out of it and really enjoying it. I'm still not fully used to the buttons (counter/dodge being on anything other than the top button in a game of this style is almost criminal) but it's a lot of fun.

That's pretty cool about the library.
I was super impressed with this game, and have played it as much, if not more, than anything else this year. Red Dead got all the press, but I enjoyed my time with this & even with Assassin's Creed Odyssey even more.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

I have a buddy (big Trump fan, lol) who does the same. Never buys any games, just rents them out from the library for free.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I have a buddy (big Trump fan, lol) who does the same. Never buys any games, just rents them out from the library for free.
I haven't touched a console in months because I finally finished my PC build and just play on that, but I took my daughter to the local library for the first time recently just to kill some time on a rainy weekend and I was amazed. They had Days Gone on day 1, all sorts of new titles. I went to their online portal thing and they have pretty much every new release completely available. I can reserve it online, ship it to the branch right by work and pick it up on my way home.

I never realized libraries did that kind of thing, but I'll definitely be taking full advantage lol.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I've finally been able to successfully stop a few car chases! The fights are still taking a bit of time, especially when there a bunch in a confined space, and especially with brutes...they hit hard.

It also took me a few tries to get through my first base (not the story line one where each wave is a 'checkpoint' one where if you don't clear all waves it starts allllll over again. Although I did successfully stealth web a few guys up :)

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
My kids have watched me play and they are hooked too. Although the Tombstone scene may not have been the best them to watch :)

So far I have all the Backpacks, Landmarks, Black Cats and Pigeons done. The Taskmaster challenges just showed up. I'm about 56% thorough according to the start screen, and I've started to get the hang of the fighting. I'm probably going to spend some time complete the Research Labs and Bases before moving on in the story though. We'll see. :)

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
According to Sony, all the suits for the new Spider Man movie (far from home) will be available as free DLC supposedly today.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Just bought this on Sunday. Played about 30 minutes yesterday. I love the fighting system. Reminds me a lot of Batman. Swinging around is fun as hell too. Can't wait to really dig in.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
After about a month away I picked it back up and just finished it tonight. Tons of fun, but holy crap that ending....

In all honesty the main story line I thought was really well done and could have almost been its own movie. I thought the story was really well done.

Also I was able to get all the trophies!

Can't wait to get into the DLC stories now.

Reactions: Commander Clueless

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
After about a month away I picked it back up and just finished it tonight. Tons of fun, but holy crap that ending....

In all honesty the main story line I thought was really well done and could have almost been its own movie. I thought the story was really well done.

Yeah the story was as good a Spider-Man movie as we have ever gotten. And yeah, that ending was a punch in the gut.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

For my money, it was a better story than any Spider-Man movie to date.

To be fair, though, I'm likely biased towards video games as a medium over film and haven't seen Far From Home yet...

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
They need to hurry up and do the second one.

This is one of my very favourite games ever.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
They need to hurry up and do the second one.

This is one of my very favourite games ever.

My fear is that it is a PS5 exclusive because I won't get a PS5 until a similar point in the console life cycle as I got the PS4, which was only last September.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I got a ps4 simply for this game and haven't really played anything on it since I beat it...

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I got a ps4 simply for this game and haven't really played anything on it since I beat it...

I've tried to get into other games, I got Witcher 3 complete edition, GTA5, Assasins Creed Odyssey....but nothing else has hooked me like Spider-Man did.

I think a big problem is getting into the story. I hate videogame stories (Witcher is actually very interesting what I have seen, but its so dense its intimidating) but with Spider-Man, I already have a ton of basic knowledge about the character so the story is very easy to follow.

I am close to 100%'ing it again by finishing the main story in New Game + on the highest difficulty (which isn't that difficult because at that point Spider-Man is fully powered up, has all his gadgets, and the player knows how to use them).

All the new costumes are amazing but my favourite is still the 90's Scarlet-Spider. I will be forever grateful that they included that suit.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I loved the game but never got the combat down pat or swinging..those guys in act 3 really messed me up alot.

How the DLC?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I loved the game but never got the combat down pat or swinging..those guys in act 3 really messed me up alot.

How the DLC?

Its fine. It's not earth shattering. I wouldn't recommend it unless you 100%'d the game and still want to play more. It doesn't include anything new, its just more of the same. I would only reccomend it if you loved the game and wanted keep playing with an increasing difficulty level.

If you didn't get into it enough to really get engrossed in the combat then I can't really recommend it. As I say, its more of the same. And the difficulty does increase. They introduce some new thugs in the DLC that are definitely tougher than any previous thugs.

But there are no moments in the DLC that "you just have to experience".

I mainly bought it just for the suits and because I am psycho Spider-Man fanboy.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Its fine. It's not earth shattering. I wouldn't recommend it unless you 100%'d the game and still want to play more. It doesn't include anything new, its just more of the same. I would only reccomend it if you loved the game and wanted keep playing with an increasing difficulty level.

If you didn't get into it enough to really get engrossed in the combat then I can't really recommend it. As I say, its more of the same. And the difficulty does increase. They introduce some new thugs in the DLC that are definitely tougher than any previous thugs.

But there are no moments in the DLC that "you just have to experience".

I mainly bought it just for the suits and because I am psycho Spider-Man fanboy.

Oh i got really into the game...im just not good at combat

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
This game has spoiled me for superhero games. I picked up the new Ultimate Alliance, and it just felt weak comparing the gameplay to this.

I coulda told you that.

There is a reason the Ultimate Alliance games died 10 years ago and then got resurrected as a Switch exclusive.

Its because they aren't fun.

I am glad I knew what to expect from UA games so I was only disappointed once, back when it was unveiled as MUA3 and I knew it would suck. I would have been really ticked off if I had gotten hyped for the game only to be let down upon booting it up.

I am looking forward to buying it at a steep discount though. $20 or $30 max.

Reactions: SPV

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I've tried to get into other games, I got Witcher 3 complete edition, GTA5, Assasins Creed Odyssey....but nothing else has hooked me like Spider-Man did.

I think a big problem is getting into the story. I hate videogame stories (Witcher is actually very interesting what I have seen, but its so dense its intimidating) but with Spider-Man, I already have a ton of basic knowledge about the character so the story is very easy to follow.

I am close to 100%'ing it again by finishing the main story in New Game + on the highest difficulty (which isn't that difficult because at that point Spider-Man is fully powered up, has all his gadgets, and the player knows how to use them).

All the new costumes are amazing but my favourite is still the 90's Scarlet-Spider. I will be forever grateful that they included that suit.

That's what I'm working on right now. I've noticed somethings are easier because I've gotten use to the gameplay (ie.chasing down the pigeons, and car chases), but man the big guys hit hard....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad