Movies: Spider-Man: Homecoming

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
So does the suit generate the webs or can he on his own? Like what powers does he himself have?

It looks like he's got the sticky hands/feed and super strength regardless of suit.

Also, I saw nary a mention of the "Interrogation mode" setting on the suit. That was one of the funniest scenes, IMO. And I interpreted it as more of a playful dig at the Batman movies than anything with malice.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Yeah. I didn't think they needed to do an Easter Egg at all. Especially with their explanation, I thought it was just as dumb as the JGL "Robin" thing in The Dark Knight Rises.

Good comparison. Yeah it was a weird moment.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
I give it a 7.5/10. Really good, and much better than I expected. Michael Keaton was fantastic. I think he deserves some sort of MCU award for making the most out of a largely uninteresting character (honourable mention to Rooker/Yondu).

[spoil]Does he not have a spidey sense?
Is Donald Glover on a multi-film deal? Post infinity war, it would be cool to see him carry a film or two, and for his nephew to take the reins of spidey.
Wasn't crazy about the shocker.
Teasing more characters would've been fun.
And, references to events. Not even a mention of Uncle Ben or his parents?
[/spoil]

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I give it a 7.5/10. Really good, and much better than I expected. Michael Keaton was fantastic. I think he deserves some sort of MCU award for making the most out of a largely uninteresting character (honourable mention to Rooker/Yondu).

Is Donald Glover on a multi-film deal? Post infinity war, it would be cool to see him carry a film or two, and for his nephew to take the reins of spidey.
[/spoil]

He kind of does but stuff is new to him, we see in the leaked Infinity War trailer that he does by then as the hair on his arms rise when danger is coming.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
They've said repeatedly her name is Michelle Jones. As far as I can tell there has been no direct reference or allusion to Mary Jane Watson aside from the "MJ" nickname.

I am totally sick of the discussion about her though. Her character was **** but the fact of the matter is the character of "MJ" has always been ****. FFS her most quotable line is just her referencing her only notable "character trait", the fact that she is attractive. Mary Jane has never really been anything other than a beautiful object for Peter and a ball and chain for Spider-Man.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco

[/spoil]

I'm actually glad they didn't talk about Uncle Ben. We all know the story, been done too many times.
He also used his spidey sense a bit in Civil War.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
I'm actually glad they didn't talk about Uncle Ben. We all know the story, been done too many times.
He also used his spidey sense a bit in Civil War.

But I mean, not even a picture of Uncle Ben and/or his parents in the house or anything?

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Question regarding the Vulture's plan at the end:
[spoil]Had he actually stolen Stark's tech, wouldn't Tony just remotely bring it back or worse case scenario, blow it up?
[/spoil]

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Peter does reference "all that she's been through" when him and Ned are talking about his secret identity.

Stark being Peter's dad is a terrible idea. :laugh:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Peter does reference "all that she's been through" when him and Ned are talking about his secret identity.

Stark being Peter's dad is a terrible idea. :laugh:

It's more metaphorical.

It's more so Stark dying that causes Peter to have that Uncle Ben moment.

(And no im not saying that happens)

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Good but not great IMO. Michael Keaton and his crew were definitely the most interesting part of the movie, I would love to watch a 2 hour movie featuring blue collar workmen making nuclear weapons and murder suits with salvaged alien weapons.

I really couldn't care less about Peter Parker's passive-aggressive high school drama.

I was expecting a lot more Tony Stark but was pleasantly surprised he was only in a few scenes.

[spoil]Having Vulture be Liz's dad was a great twist, the car ride was filled with all the right suspense as he was putting the pieces together. I was kind of disappointed Spiderman got his ass kicked in the final fight and only survived because Vulture got greedy.[/spoil]

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
You forgot Ray Kroc and Walter Robinson :sarcasm:

The one thing I hate about this version of Spidey is that his suit basically does all the work. i liked it when it was his natural abilities a la the Raimi trilogy.
The suit was pretty much a plot point for character growth.Also Spider-Man in this movie is just a kid still learning how to deal with his powers.He clearly is still developing and isn't going to be an expert like in the Raimi movies where Peter was already good after training for 5 minutes.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
The suit was pretty much a plot point for character growth.Also Spider-Man in this movie is just a kid still learning how to deal with his powers.He clearly is still developing and isn't going to be an expert like in the Raimi movies where Peter was already good after training for 5 minutes.

Watching Civil War when he easily stopped Bucky's punch and commented on the bionic arm, I turned to my 10 year old and said "He is only 15 in this movie, so how strong will he be when he becomes a man?" It is unfortunate that we won't find out because this incarnation will be over before that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad