Confirmed with Link: Spezza requests trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I am an amateur scout. I watch games and act like I know what I am talking about. I agree. Ekblad should be 1st over all. The fact that Toronto is gunning for Bennett makes me laugh.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
<mod>

Whether you guys like it or not, Spezza's impact on this team hasn't been substantial. We have more wins without him as we do with him over the past 6 years where he hs been injured A LOT. He also hasn't contributed of anything significant when the tough got going.

<mod>

There are at least 10 GM's who have been worse than Murray over past decade.

Spezza is good player but we don't have the cash nor is our core going to be able to compete next year. In 2-3 years yes, who will Spezza be then?

Last edited by a moderator:

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I am an amateur scout. I watch games and act like I know what I am talking about. I agree. Ekblad should be 1st over all. The fact that Toronto is gunning for Bennett makes me laugh.

From day one, I just don't see how Ekblad isn't the #1. he is the clear number 1 guy to me by a long shot.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Trade proposal by "Rodrigo" ☺☻☺

To Ottawa

Shea Theodore
Emerson Etem
10th Overall pick 2014

To Anahiem

Jason Spezza

This trade came from "Rodrigo" not me I am not good at making trades as I want too much and am not willing to trade away much in return.......
Being honest I do not know all of the NHL players as others do here so I mostly just read trades others propose................

Anyway I like this trade as it would get Ottawa a top 6 player in Etem, a prospect on the Blue line in Theodore, and the #10 pick in this yrs draft........

Comments welcome.....

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
To Ottawa

Shea Theodore
Emerson Etem
10th Overall pick 2014

To Anahiem

Jason Spezza

This trade came from "Rodrigo" not me I am not good at making trades as I want too much and am not willing to trade away much in return.......
Being honest I do not know all of the NHL players as others do here so I mostly just read trades others propose................

Anyway I like this trade as it would get Ottawa a top 6 player in Etem, a prospect on the Blue line in Theodore, and the #10 pick in this yrs draft........

Comments welcome.....

Sens are all over that, Ducks not so much

SensForLife11

Apr 28, 2010
Ottawa
Brad May on Sportsnet said Spezza never asked to be traded... He wanted a commitment from ownership to spend the necessary money to win... If they can't do that he would like to go somewhere that wants to win
Asked Brad May on Twitter to confirm this and he did:
jQ9XRkNcnUYkA.JPG

Oct 10, 2010
I really dislike Melnyk.

I feel bad for all the vet players on this team who want to win, but have 0 chance at doing so.

I wish Spezza all the best.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Yeah, I bet you spezza wanted out because of budget not critics. Which makes sense since he been taking **** his whole career. The people that were jumping down his throat look silly...

Last edited:

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
He didn't technically lie. Spezza said that he wants a chance to win, and if the team is not committed then he wants to move on.

BM took that as him wanting to move on.

Still don't like it. BM always tries to pin it on the player, with his lackeys from that **** stain ottawa sun.

PierresGabriels

Jan 13, 2010
Orleans
Serious question: As a fanbase, at what point do we stop tolerating Melnyk's lack of ability to help our team financially? When we reach that point, what can we do?

Oct 10, 2010
Serious question: As a fanbase, at what point do we stop tolerating Melnyk's lack of ability to help our team financially? When we reach that point, what can we do?
He strikes me as the type of personality that would threaten a team move if fans didn't show up to support his half assed product.

Could be a lose-lose situation.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com

Nothing really.

People make choices about buying tickets and merchandise. If they get fed up, they turn away from the team and funnel less cash into the franchise. If the influx of cash drops below critical mass it may be decided that the market cannot sustain the team, and we would have nothing.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

Bolded is the big question. There are lots of us that already can't tolerate the unwillingness/inability to spend, but what can we do?

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
To Ottawa

Shea Theodore
Emerson Etem
10th Overall pick 2014

To Anahiem

Jason Spezza

Comments welcome.....

That is my perfect deal, I want Theodore so much.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

Boycott. TV and tickets.

Let the mirage be real.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Listening to the interviews post-cup, how many times did you hear the words "character" and "leadership"?

I'd suggest maybe Jason wants someone to win for him, rather than be counted on to do the heavy lifting.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Well it seems like Melynk is running another player out of town.

That's it. It is time to take action against Melnyks incapability to ice a competitive team. I want every fan to rise up and start a war against Melnyk to get him to either spend more or get the **** out.

The North Remembers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad