Confirmed with Link: Spezza requests trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
Makes it basically official.

Not exactly inspiring to lose our captain for the second year in a row. Two or three seriously interested teams doesn't sound great either.

Guess we'll see what we get.

Increasingly I'm of the opinion to blow it up and start an expansion team-style rebuild. We don't have the elite assets and we're not finishing low enough to have good shots at them.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Pierre LeBrun verified
Bryan Murray says he's taken calls on Jason Spezza. Nothing close at this point. The deal would have to help Ottawa short term and long term

Elliotte Friedman verified
Murray says a couple teams have shown serious interest. OTT's preference is to "send him somewhere we don't have to play him every night."

DuckedUpOnQuack

Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa
I like Spezza but this is probably best for his future career. No point spending another season in a 1a/1b battle with Turris when he wants to be the #1 center for the money he makes/wants to make.

senators2007

May 21, 2007
It sucks that Murray had to run his yap again, I hope this doesn't affect the possible return we can get for Spezza.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Was Inevitable. Good luck to Jason and hope he wins the cup. Id follow the team he goes to except if he goes to the leafs.

2 captain in 3 years damn. And probably 3 in 5 if Phillips becomes the next captain. Hopefully he doesnt become the captain, gets pissed and demands a trade

Hopefully NYR gets swept tonight

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
It sucks that Murray had to run his yap again, I hope this doesn't affect the possible return we can get for Spezza.

Honestly, this is just transparency with the ticket-buying public. That's a good thing.

I'm sure everyone in hockey knew what was up with Spezza and the Sens.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I like Spezza but this is probably best for his future career. No point spending another season in a 1a/1b battle with Turris when he wants to be the #1 center for the money he makes/wants to make.

Very true

He is in his prime and it's closer to being done than starting, no point in wasting away on a team that won't spend

Ridiculous, you think that because Murray confirmed that he's taking calls about it that the offers would lessen?

Liliaceae

hockey
Jun 21, 2007
Canada
We knew this was coming but it still hurts. I'll miss Jason and I will support him wherever he goes unless it's the ****ing Habs. I wish him much success and yes please go get a Cup Giggles! <3

Man :cry:

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
Honestly, this is just transparency with the ticket-buying public. That's a good thing.

I'm sure everyone in hockey knew what was up with Spezza and the Sens.

Exactly and I am pretty sure that Spezza's agent has probably been talking to some teams for contract purposes and to put word out there of the teams that he is interested in going to.....All this of course with the permission of the Sens since it would probably up the value if Spezza is extended.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

Uh, every GM is going to have to know this, given Spezza has a limited NMC. Basically, unless Spezza has already given his "list" there is no use Murray talking to anyone.

And suffice to say, Murray has the list already.

But it is very likely to remain tight lipped about that and he probably won't share it with many in the organization, given leaks. The media would be all over it, and the agent / player are typically pretty adamant that the GM keep his list under wraps. The last thing Spezza wants is a big target on his back from six teams and their fans because he doesn't want to go there.

All for the best to Spezz, as clearly this was an uncomfortable season for him as captain. I wish him the best, hopefully out west, where as a secondary leader, he can thrive. Hard not to like the guy, all in all.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
this fanbase/media/market took its toll. Honestly i hope spezza rips this team to shreds every time we play him

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Well there you have it... Ruins the image of Ottawa even more!

I hate this inferiority complex stuff - it has NOTHING to do with the city of Ottawa.

Spezza has been very happy here for a long time, and under the right circumstances, likely would have stayed.

Players have basically requested trades out of every city in the NHL. It rarely has anything to do with the city.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Spezza is doing that exact same thing Heatley did but the response by the fans is the exact opposite. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad