Confirmed with Link: Spezza Assistant General Manager

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I like how all these blokes hire their mates vs who is the most qualified and it's just accepted and when one gets fired the other quits or is fired as well. Much was stated about Hextall hiring his mates the same way Shero did, Patrick before him, Rutherford etc but Rossi and Yohe really dug into Hextall for hiring blokes he knew.

Here we have Jason Spezza, same shit and let's see those wankbuckets gobble it up as some smart hire vs a friend following another friend and friends helping friends find jobs.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Good he'll work with Wilkes-Barre, that place needs a ton of upheaval! I think this will be a good fit, time will tell but I like it!

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Spezza seemed to be a pretty likable guy from his playing days and I won't pretend to know anything about his business acumen or talent evaluation skills.

Dubas was always going to bring in his own people so it is no surprise he's adding and Spezza has no major red flags, so this is fine I guess.
The thing that I laugh at is our idiotic media made a huge fuss about Pryor etc when this has always been done, hell Mario kept giving his friends jobs before that. But the way they made that sound was pathetic.

Then this happens and I am curious what those f***ing idiots are saying to contradict themselves.

Reactions: Sideline

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Good he'll work with Wilkes-Barre, that place needs a ton of upheaval! I think this will be a good fit, time will tell but I like it!
He got good reviews from the Marlies prospects.
We're putting the right people in place for the long term objectives. Pridham would help too.

It's gonna be nice not to see Wilkes neglected anymore.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
I like how all these blokes hire their mates vs who is the most qualified and it's just accepted and when one gets fired the other quits or is fired as well. Much was stated about Hextall hiring his mates the same way Shero did, Patrick before him, Rutherford etc but Rossi and Yohe really dug into Hextall for hiring blokes he knew.

Here we have Jason Spezza, same shit and let's see those wankbuckets gobble it up as some smart hire vs a friend following another friend and friends helping friends find jobs.

YARN | Dr. Samuel Johnson is right about Olson Johnson's being right. |  Blazing Saddles (1974) | Video clips by quotes | b5497f2e | 紗

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It's how the world works tbh. Everywhere I've ever worked there's been tons of nepotism/cronyism hires. Sometimes they work, and sometimes they don't. But people always do that shit.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
It's how the world works tbh. Everywhere I've ever worked there's been tons of nepotism/cronyism hires. Sometimes they work, and sometimes they don't. But people always do that shit.
Most people would want someone they're comfortable with, when talking about working with someone closely for years.
We can't fault Dubas for that. We'd probably do the same in his position.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
it was more or less a jab at the twin tits for Pens media that said Pryor etc were just Hextall hiring his mates.

I mean, what just happened here? Their article on the athletic is quite mum about that cronyism hire. Not that I'm against Spezza as a hire. But the way they went on about it and then the new bloke did the same yet they're soiling themselves in excitement over his prospects is comical.

Reactions: Pancakes

elmo13

Jan 18, 2023
I remember him as a rookie in Binghamton (AHL) when I lived there. Great player then. Looking forward to seeing him here.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Most people would want someone they're comfortable with, when talking about working with someone closely for years.
We can't fault Dubas for that. We'd probably do the same in his position.

I'm not going anywhere, but if I did I totally would ask the woman who works for me to come with my to my new job. And frankly it'd be a condition of me taking the new position. We know each other's style and quirks...lots of synergy.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC

Yep this pretty much sums it up.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I'm betting on no GM being hired this year. I think he brings in two or three AGM's, and then promotes one next year.
I mostly agree, but I don’t think it’s a guarantee when he names a GM. I think he takes as much time as he needs to have the team / organization set up as he wants it, then names a GM once the foundation is fixed

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
it was more or less a jab at the twin tits for Pens media that said Pryor etc were just Hextall hiring his mates.

I mean, what just happened here? Their article on the athletic is quite mum about that cronyism hire. Not that I'm against Spezza as a hire. But the way they went on about it and then the new bloke did the same yet they're soiling themselves in excitement over his prospects is comical.
They're gonna be soiling themselves about Dubas for a while now. After dealing with Ron "hates the media and can't speak in public" Hextall, going to Dubas is giving our media the biggest hardons.

It'll be at least as bad as Mike Sullivan worship.

Hopefully Dubas and Spezza will actually be good though.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad