Confirmed with Link: Spezza Assistant General Manager

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Spezza seemed to be a pretty likable guy from his playing days and I won't pretend to know anything about his business acumen or talent evaluation skills.

Dubas was always going to bring in his own people so it is no surprise he's adding and Spezza has no major red flags, so this is fine I guess.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I'm fine with it. GMs and Presidents like working with people they're closer with. It was inevitable. I imagine Pridham's gonna be the GM.

Reserving judgment on Spezza. It's kinda hard to know what his abilities are as a front office employee.

Reactions: Sideline

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Probably going to be Pridham or Cam Lawrence based on gut feeling and generally agreed upon whisperings.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I'm betting on no GM being hired this year. I think he brings in two or three AGM's, and then promotes one next year.
I think he already knows Pridham is his guy, but was probably told by the Leafs no poaching until after July 1. Pridham is their cap expert and they are very tight. They wouldn't want to lose than knowledge until the Mathews situation is cleared up.

mephisto1812

Mar 28, 2013
I think he already knows Pridham is his guy, but was probably told by the Leafs no poaching until after July 1. Pridham is their cap expert and they are very tight. They wouldn't want to lose than knowledge until the Mathews situation is cleared up.
Could very well be. Either way, I'll sit back and trust the process. Pens went all in on KD, have to let him do his thing.

Reactions: Sideline

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Wow! Okay. Not what I was expecting but there seems to be a good trend with former players stepping into FO roles and doing well. Hopefully he can follow the footsteps of Yzerman, Drury, Sakic, etc and not Garth Snow. That said, Dubas is probably a good guy to have above you.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

Liberty Biberty

Nov 15, 2010
JFresh gets a W today.
spez.jpg

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Pridham GM
Lawrence AGM
Spezza AGM

Sign me up. Honestly, the AGM title can cover a lot of ground from a hockey ops perspective. Spezza being so close to his playing days and, as far as I know, pretty universally well-liked may fill a role where he is the conduit between team and front office. He's probably someone players would feel comfortable going to.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Sign me up. Honestly, the AGM title can cover a lot of ground from a hockey ops perspective. Spezza being so close to his playing days and, as far as I know, pretty universally well-liked may fill a role where he is the conduit between team and front office. He's probably someone players would feel comfortable going to.

The media fluff pieces talked about him doing that a lot. He'd be less able to do it here because he doesn't have pre-existing relationships with the players, but it sounds like he's a guy who makes friends quick.

Will probably be leaned on a lot for pro scouting as he's played against half the league too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad