Confirmed with Link: Spencer Martin Extended 1 Year, 775k

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
This is a good signing and Im glad its 1 way so there is less chance of him being claimed when we waive him
Like when he was waived by CLB while on a 1 way contract? :sarcasm:

I get what you are saying though, but I'm not sure how much of an impact being on a 1 way (with a $775K salary) will have on him being claimed. Teams typically only claim waived goalies like Martin because they are desperate, like we were.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Like when he was waived by CLB while on a 1 way contract? :sarcasm:

I get what you are saying though, but I'm not sure how much of an impact being on a 1 way (with a $775K salary) will have on him being claimed. Teams typically only claim waived goalies like Martin because they are desperate, like we were.
I was thinking a one way with a higher salary of, say, $1 mil might help our chances should we ever need him to clear waivers but I’m not sure this makes any difference.

Reactions: zman77

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
I was thinking a one way with a higher salary of, say, $1 mil might help our chances should we ever need him to clear waivers but I’m not sure this makes any difference.
If the nuggets coming out of the GM meetings are true and they do away with the EBUGs maybe they would allow teams to carry a 3rd goalie that doesn't count against the 23 player roster limit. Then waivers aren't a concern.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad