Spell your name commercial

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
I don't think he's that much younger than Roy and Fedorov.

well being younger makes a difference

brodeur is 45

roy is 51

fedorov is 47

you can have smooth skin at 45 and then hit the wall just 2 or 3 years later, depends on lifestyle and genetics

HitoftheMillennium*

Jan 23, 2016
This is what I thought of when I saw the commercial... lol...

That's...

J

E

hahaha...

Double F...

J

A

Double R

E

Double T!

That's Double J, Jeff Jarrett!

The world's greatest singer, the world's greatest entertainer and (presumably) the world's greatest Nashville Predators fan...

Last edited:
Reactions: Razzle71

GordieHowsUrBreath

Jun 16, 2016
the more i watch it the more i'm annoyed by trottier spelling his full name

seemed a little sneaky

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Teemu, you sell-out. Should've said "ää".

Would've been a good opportunity for a fun moment. "No, put the little dots on top of the 'a's; no, not like that." Then he reaches forward, grabs the engraver, and does it himself.

GordieHowsUrBreath

Jun 16, 2016
Each player probably spelled their full name.

Fun fact: commercials are typically edited before going into rotation.

nah he did it really fast, faster than he should've that's why his teammates laughed

he just had to be one of the few to get his full name on the commericial so people wouldn't be like "who is that T-R-O guy?"

too sneaky for my liking

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
I feel like there should be a version of this featuring all the players whose careers were cut short by concussions but they all just blink at the camera cause they can't remember their names.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
nah he did it really fast, faster than he should've that's why his teammates laughed

he just had to be one of the few to get his full name on the commericial so people wouldn't be like "who is that T-R-O guy?"

too sneaky for my liking

You have no idea why his teammates laughed. They probably joked he couldn't spell.

It's more likely that every player spelled his full name, and the editors did their work to make one name flow into another.

GordieHowsUrBreath

Jun 16, 2016
You have no idea why his teammates laughed. They probably joked he couldn't spell.

It's more likely that every player spelled his full name, and the editors did their work to make one name flow into another.

he's a sneaky one, him spelling his full name prevented his teammates from getting a letter from their own name in the commercial

tro... i refuse to spell his full name that rascal

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
This one is great, though it's not really a commercial, more a promo/trailer.

HitoftheMillennium*

Jan 23, 2016
In case people missed my reference...

Anyway, the commercial is original, and it does highlight the significance of having players' names engraved on the Cup. I don't mind it, but I like some of the NHL's other recent commercials more.

The "100 years is just the beginning" ones are great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad