Spell your name commercial

KingBilly

Oct 18, 2008
Eh, it's alright. Not their best. The conceit is they're spelling their names as it appears on the cup. Because names are engraved on the cup in hockey, you see.

It kinda works. But nothing like those history will be made commercials.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
I like this ad but the NHL needs to stop using Bobby Hull in any advertising. He did some awful things and they should pretend he doesn't exist. It sends a terrible message.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It seems pretty low-effort, even for a marketing department, to gather some of the greatest players and just tell them to spell their last names in front of a camera.

KingBilly

Oct 18, 2008
It seems pretty low-effort, even for a marketing department, to gather some of the greatest players and just tell them to spell their last names in front of a camera.

I agree. But it works on the level that it's making them think about the fact that their names are etched on the cup. You see their faces and think about history. There are no lightweights in that commercial. Ending with Bobby Orr's pregnant pauses "O--R--R--".

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Teemu, you sell-out. Should've said "ää".

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
I donno I got chills

any player without their name on the cup probably gets chills too

I am triggered at people whining at things like this

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
Can someone help me out and tell me who "RKE" is? I thought it might have been Brad Park, but the E threw me off. Any help would be appreciated.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
Stanley cup ... all those legends ... yet it's pretty lame.

You can almost see the room where they dreamed this up in ... bean bag chairs and ipads n all

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Eh, it's alright. Not their best. The conceit is they're spelling their names as it appears on the cup. Because names are engraved on the cup in hockey, you see.

It kinda works. But nothing like those history will be made commercials.

The parodies were so well done.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
They should find clips of players who've won the cup as kids

Showing a 9 year old score a goal and go crazy, then show his adult self show a playoff game winner

Prins Filip

Jun 3, 2010
Filippines
Would have been so much more cooler if the players only get to say as many letters as they have won cups. Would make the "every letter is earned" literal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad