Spell your name commercial

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
he's a sneaky one, him spelling his full name prevented his teammates from getting a letter from their own name in the commercial

Trottier isn't even in the versions that I've seen on TV here. So maybe the joke's on him.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Whoever they had marketing the NHL in the 90's needs to come out of retirement or need to be resurrected.

Back when they actually knew how to market their players. Not just the logo, the gear or the silver mug that seems to have more of a personality than the players of today.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I like this ad but the NHL needs to stop using Bobby Hull in any advertising. He did some awful things and they should pretend he doesn't exist. It sends a terrible message.

I honestly never knew that stuff, I just did a bit of research just now. What a terrible human being. Now that I'm aware of the situation a little bit, I completely agree with you.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Some of these players are so dumb they probably had to use a teleprompter.
Terrible commercial.

This was the impression I got too. Not sure if they used Teleprompters or not but some of them looked like they may have needed them. Should be used as a warning to today's players of what the cost could be for winning the cup down the road. The way the league is officiating these games they'll likely be suffering from CTE later on in life.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I LOVE it !!
If anything it was hard to see all these guys ( I grew up watching ) looking so old!

I especially love how there is an American version where Gretzky and Yzerman both say "Zee" and a Canadian version where they say "Zed".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad