Speculation: Speculation: Trade Rumours and Proposals Part VI, Armchair GM Edition ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If we wanted Bickell, we probably could of had him over Bollig for a 3rd and maybe someone like Hanowski. I don't want ANY more forwards added, we already have to many and need to continue the evaluation process before crucial decisions need to made next year.

If by chance, some young stud player became available and fit our core long term, then I would be fine paying that price.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
If we wanted Bickell, we probably could of had him over Bollig for a 3rd and maybe someone like Hanowski. I don't want ANY more forwards added, we already have to many and need to continue the evaluation process before crucial decisions need to made next year.

If by chance, some young stud player became available and fit our core long term, then I would be fine paying that price.

Bickell + 1st

for

Bollig + 2nd

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
If we get a 1st, then sure I'd do it. But really I'm not that interested. Rather just roll 3 good lines with the depth we currently have. Bollig is fine in his role.

Pretty much agree. If we have the opportunity to grab another first in this draft, that'd be great though. I loved the way Treliving attempted to with Carolina and Arizona. Would have been awesome to get Fleury/Tuch/Honka.

Aug 21, 2014
Prospect for Prospect Swap:

BUF gets:
6'1 F Max Reinhart

CGY gets:
6'1 RHD Mark Pysyk

What's everyone's opinion about it.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Prospect for Prospect Swap:

BUF gets:
6'1 F Max Reinhart

CGY gets:
6'1 RHD Mark Pysyk

What's everyone's opinion about it.

I think Pysyk has more value than Reinhart at this point, but if Buffalo is simply willing to reunite the brothers, I'd do this in a heartbeat.

Aug 21, 2014
I think Pysyk has more value than Reinhart at this point, but if Buffalo is simply willing to reunite the brothers, I'd do this in a heartbeat.

The way I see it, they're both having trouble breaking into there respected parent club(s). And both team's have a need that this trade fills. Flames need a RHD and Buffalo could always use another young Forward.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Pysyk would be great. Mobile right handed defender with upside. I also like Jake McCabe and wouldn't mind landing him.

Aug 21, 2014
TB:
RW Devin Setoguchi
3rd'15*

CGY:
RW Brett Connolly

*Conditions Flames make past 1st round of playoffs and Connolly scores 30 points otherwise it's a 4th plus Gooch for Connolly.(Essentially Joe Colborne trade)

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
TB:
RW Devin Setoguchi
3rd'15*

CGY:
RW Brett Connolly

*Conditions Flames make past 1st round of playoffs and Connolly scores 30 points otherwise it's a 4th plus a Gooch for Connolly.(Essentially Joe Colborne trade)

I don't think he'll come that easy, honestly. I mean, if we can swing that deal; we'd be insane not to. This was an ex high first rounder. Pretty sure that TB would want more than the Gooch and a late pick for a kid with good upside and pedigree.

Aug 21, 2014
I don't think he'll come that easy, honestly. I mean, if we can swing that deal; we'd be insane not to. This was an ex high first rounder. Pretty sure that TB would want more than the Gooch and a late pick for a kid with good upside and pedigree.

But if he hit's waivers and gets claimed they get nothing.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

They've thought about putting him on waivers, so at this point I think they'd be fine taking a pick or a prospect from us.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'd pass on Connolly right now unless we have a deal in place to move a roster player. I just don't see him as an upgrade over our current roster players and he's not someone you acquire and then bench.

Now if he hits waivers and clears, then I would trade for him after and have him in ADK until we clear a roster spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad