Speculation: Speculation: Trade Rumours and Proposals Part VI, Armchair GM Edition ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I'd want Mike Green personally, 4-5 year deal 7.25m-7.5m

I don't know if i want to be paying a 33 - 35 year old Mike Green 7.5? Although, with that being said, I could see Green thriving in our system and putting up elite numbers... so who knows.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
I'd want Mike Green personally, 4-5 year deal 7.25m-7.5m

As long as you get him personally, I'm OK with that.

The Flames will stay away from signing an aging player who has seldom played to his contract because of injuries for about $36M over 5 years.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
If they're contending at the deadline, they should trade for a scoring winger...depending on injuries.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
The Flames should try to sign/trade for a player with lots of playoff experience and ideally a ring or two. That is one the the things that the Flames are really lacking right now. Preferably a top 4 D or a C.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
This has been debated back and forth (Boedker).

Some sites say UFA others RFA. This would be his 7th year in the league which should make him a UFA.
If he was an RFA I wouldn't waste picks either...

depending on how much he is asking, he may end up being available later in the season.

I wonder if Doan would waive his NMC to play for the Flames (if the Coyotes go into a full rebuild).

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
depending on how much he is asking, he may end up being available later in the season.

I wonder if Doan would waive his NMC to play for the Flames (if the Coyotes go into a full rebuild).

Isn't Doan pretty much entrenched in Arizona? I heard he turned down 30mil from the Canadians last time he went to FA.

A lot of Flames fans on this board including myself would love to see Stone back in Calgary.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
The Flames should try to sign/trade for a player with lots of playoff experience and ideally a ring or two. That is one the the things that the Flames are really lacking right now. Preferably a top 4 D or a C.

Exactly why I suggested Williams. Even if/when he takes a step back, his style of play is still fine for a bottom 6 role.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
Exactly why I suggested Williams. Even if/when he takes a step back, his style of play is still fine for a bottom 6 role.

I saw that and I like the idea. I would prefer Richards off the Kings roster but you could never go wrong with a former Conn Smythe winner.

Williams has 115 playoff games played and 3 rings.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
And that's why he'd come cheap. He'd fill in incase of injuries in the bottom 6

Still a complete waste of assets. Even trading a fifth round pick for Booth would just be throwing away a fifth rounder.

In case of injuries, especially to the bottom six, there's literally nine call up candidates from the Adirondack Flames; Poirier, Wolf, Van Brabant, Arnold, Reinhart, Hanowski, Agostino, Elson, and Setoguchi. And that doesn't even include Knight and Baertschi who'll both likely be sent back once injured start returning.

Aug 21, 2014
Still a complete waste of assets. Even trading a fifth round pick for Booth would just be throwing away a fifth rounder.

In case of injuries, especially to the bottom six, there's literally nine call up candidates from the Adirondack Flames; Poirier, Wolf, Van Brabant, Arnold, Reinhart, Hanowski, Agostino, Elson, and Setoguchi. And that doesn't even include Knight and Baertschi who'll both likely be sent back once injured start returning.
Yeah I see your point. And I guess, it's better to have your prospects playing in the playoffs anyways than having David Booth. :laugh:

I wonder how much Vermette would cost.
Way to much. We have our own Vermette in Backlund.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Yeah I see your point. And I guess, it's better to have your prospects playing in the playoffs anyways than having David Booth. :laugh:

Way to much. We have our own Vermette in Backlund.

Except not as good physically, in face-offs, or offensively. I love Backlund, but Vermette is an obvious step ahead of him. (Backlund could get there in time)

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
We shouldn't make any big moves but I think the third pairing needs an upgrade. Because of injuries we've seen we have excellent depth at forward but our defence has been healthy so it's hard to judge if guys like Wotherspoon or Seiloff are close.

I've watched a bit of Bartkowski and I can see why Feaster/Weisbrod liked him. I think he would upgrade our 3rd pairing with Engelland/Smid.

The only problem is he's a UFA this summer so I wouldn't offer a lot

Demetric

Jun 19, 2013
Under a Rock
only moves we should be making is to get assets/picks by either taking on a contract with a + or a prospect swap from strength for weakness. We do not want to get anyone for "a playoff push"

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
only moves we should be making is to get assets/picks by either taking on a contract with a + or a prospect swap from strength for weakness. We do not want to get anyone for "a playoff push"

This. Exactly this.

This team should run with whatever it has, unless it can swing a deal that fits into the mold of this team.

I.e Getting a guy like Stone or Ellis for expendable pieces (something like Matty Stajan , etc). No point using assets to pick up a rental, or an old dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad