Speculation: Speculation: Trade Rumours and Proposals Part VI, Armchair GM Edition ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
They've thought about putting him on waivers, so at this point I think they'd be fine taking a pick or a prospect from us.

Certainly then.
If he comes through Waivers, may as well snag him. Big bodied RW with great upside (Disclaimer I've never seen him play, I'm just stat watching). He's done well in the A so far.

Aug 21, 2014
How's this for both teams?

OTT:

RHD Dennis Wideman @50% 2.625m
LC Matt Stajan @50% 1.575m

CGY:

LC Zack Smith 1.888m
LHD Patrick Wiercioch 2.000m

I still think Flames would add.

Flames get younger however they get worse in the short term. Ottawa picks up a #4 RHD and #3C

EDIT: I took out Zibanejad and 2nd'15

Last edited:
May 27, 2012
Earth
What would we have to add to get Zibanejad?

We don't add. The trade is scrapped and starts with one of our younger players like Monahan, Bennett etc. No one on our team is worth Zibanejad besides the guys I mentioned and Gio and Brodie, but those guys aren't going anywhere and worth more.

Aug 21, 2014
We don't add. The trade is scrapped and starts with one of our younger players like Monahan, Bennett etc. No one on our team is worth Zibanejad besides the guys I mentioned and Gio and Brodie, but those guys aren't going anywhere and worth more.

Someone who's young and got serious potential.

Though I doubt he's available except for a premium player.

Aright gotcha.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Better off going for someone with really low value, like Connolly I mentioned yesterday. He'd need to hit waivers first so we can have him seasoned in the AHL. Though, if you look at his AHL numbers, he seems to be a solid AHLer and just can't seem to find his game in the NHL.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Better off going for someone with really low value, like Connolly I mentioned yesterday. He'd need to hit waivers first so we can have him seasoned in the AHL. Though, if you look at his AHL numbers, he seems to be a solid AHLer and just can't seem to find his game in the NHL.

I think Connolly is NHL ready. Someone just needs to have the room to give him a spot (ie. Colborne).

herringchoker

Dec 2, 2014
Calgary - Edmonton should help each other

Hey Guys,

I was thinking of Edmonton....actually mostly being frustrated that they are so horrible. So I propose a we scratch each others back type trade. Calgary sends one of its starting goaltenders perferably Hillier and a tough winger in Glencross or defenceman in Wideman for Edmonton's 2015 first round pick and a solid prospect defenceman. Edmonton does not need another top pick. They need a starting goalie, defence and toughness. We have Ramo and Ortio and Gillies....we're ok in the net. We have a #1 in Ramo already. Glencross's spot gets picked up by Ferland or Pourier. Ortio comes up the rest of the season to the NHL to backup Ramo. Calgary gets a prospect defenceman which we need more of and a higher percentage shot at a top draft pick to aid in the rebuild. I don't see any drop in performance with this trade on Calgary. That still leaves Edmonton with a Yak or Ebs to trade for a #1 center which they also despartly need.

Just a thought....what do you guys think.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
There is no way Edmonton moves their 1st rounder. That's the only round they are able to pick a good player.

On a positive note, welcome to HF boards.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Dude, why would Edmonton move their 1st (could be McDavid) to their arch rivals, for Glencross (expiring UFA)/Wideman, a 1B goalie and a prospect? Unless that prospect is Monahan or Bennett, there's no chance. Their pick is going to be a franchise changing player, quantity is of no interest in such case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad