Speculation: Speculation, Rumours, and all ArmChair-GM-ing Needs v.12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 6m6 minutes ago
While EDM and CGY are in on Talbot with NYR, don't rule out the two Alberta teams also having interest in LAK Martin Jones, who may move.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
How I envision our goaltending situation at the moment.

ConspiracyBoard.jpg

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Two 2nds for talbot I'd be okay with, 27 year old 6'3" goalie who could be an ace #1

Not saying I'm vey, very happy about it but if we can turn Hiller into a 2nd or 3rd and go with a talbot/Ortio duo that has some high end promise there

It is exciting to think about three players in the 2nd though

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Two 2nds for talbot I'd be okay with, 27 year old 6'3" goalie who could be an ace #1

Not saying I'm vey, very happy about it but if we can turn Hiller into a 2nd or 3rd and go with a talbot/Ortio duo that has some high end promise there

It is exciting to think about three players in the 2nd though

Ramo is only 28, so I'd much rather go with him since he is familiar with the Flames already. Hopefully Treliving looks at the Rangers' defense and sees that they may have played a partial factor of Talbot's success.

danmcd15

Jul 11, 2014
Probably not keen on paying for Talbot. Likely driving up the price for our two divisional rivals who really really could use him.

We really need to take Merkley or Konecny. Such talented forwards with leadership qualities and heart and sole play. Can't teach those skill sets, take D with our 2nd round picks. Like Zboril and Chabot but Merkley, Konecny >>>.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Deep breath, everyone:

Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 6m6 minutes ago
I'll be surprise if #rangers Cam Talbot is traded to the Flames. Hearing the Sharks have a lot of interest. #tvasports

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Deep breath, everyone:

I'll be surprise if #rangers Cam Talbot is traded to the Flames. Hearing the Sharks have a lot of interest. #tvasports

Yay and nay... The Sharks are supposed to get Hiller :rant:.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Deep breath, everyone:

I love how this tweet has a French accent haha

Aug 21, 2014
If Sam Gagner get's bought out, any interest? He was a Flames fan if I recall, might be good use as a RW'er. Always good for 40 points :naughty:

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Gagner if he signs for a Raymond contract a-la- Leafs, $1M for 1 year on a 'show me what you can do' type thing, then sure all for it. High reward low risk, since its only a roster spot & a little cap. He could be an effective winger, RH too.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
Well if we can get Talbot for 2 - 2nds, and trade Hiller for a 2nd, I'd probably be okay with this.

Slats is trying to get pick #16 from Edmonton, I bet.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Calgary obviously thinks Talbot can handle being a #1 so swapping Hiller would definitely make a trade like that not so bad. Even though Talbot was a backup I think he is better then Ramo and Hiller is not in our long term plans.

Buchanan*

I've always kind of liked Gagner

A Raymond for Gagner swap would be ideal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA