Speculation: Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Defense is very much a logjam. We'll have about 20 D in camp.

CapFriendly shows the Rangers with 9D on the roster.

As Lindgren/Fox and Miller/Trouba look like locks at this point (barring a decision to give KAM some AHL time), it leaves 2 spots for Nemeth, Jones, Hajek, Bitetto, and Tinordi. Plus there's Schneider, Robertson, Reunanen, Skinner, Lundkvist, and Geertsen who I assume will all be in camp.

I'm thinking it's something like this to start the season:
Lindgren - Fox
KAM - Trouba
Nemeth - Jones/Lundkvist
Tinordi

But if KAM is AHL-bound for a bit, that could get interesting.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Defense is very much a logjam. We'll have about 20 D in camp.

CapFriendly shows the Rangers with 9D on the roster.

As Lindgren/Fox and Miller/Trouba look like locks at this point (barring a decision to give KAM some AHL time), it leaves 2 spots for Nemeth, Jones, Hajek, Bitetto, and Tinordi. Plus there's Schneider, Robertson, Reunanen, Skinner, Lundkvist, and Geertsen who I assume will all be in camp.

I'm thinking it's something like this to start the season:
Lindgren - Fox
KAM - Trouba
Nemeth - Jones/Lundkvist
Tinordi

But if KAM is AHL-bound for a bit, that could get interesting.
I wonder if we start Tinordi instead of Lundkvist/Jones for the first game since it’s against Washington

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I just don't see how Miller touches the A. He and Troubs made an instantly good top 4 pair and I just can't imagine they'd get worse now.

I didn't expect Chytil in 2019 to start in the AHL either but it happened. And that was after a season as an NHL regular like Miller. I am not saying it's definitely going to happen but I don't rule it out either.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If Strome isn't moved, I'm guessing Kravtsov may end up in the AHL as well. ( We have too many top6 forward

For the price they paid for Blais, a 'top9 spot' is his to lose in camp imo. Goodrow is also likely getting a spot.

TBH if they started Kravtsov in the AHL BUT slotted him at Center.... I'm 100% for it.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Nils, Schneider, Robertson and Jones should all start in the A unless they crush it at camp.

like just being okay shouldn’t cut it.

You only need one of them to outplay Tinordi Bitteto and Hajek which is quite literally “just being okay”

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
If Strome isn't moved, I'm guessing Kravtsov may end up in the AHL as well. ( We have too many top6 forward

For the price they paid for Blais, a 'top9 spot' is his to lose in camp imo. Goodrow is also likely getting a spot.

TBH if they started Kravtsov in the AHL BUT slotted him at Center.... I'm 100% for it.

Kravtsov is likely gonna sit in a top 6 spot along with either Laf and Zib or with Panarin and strome, kakko in the other spot. It may not happen immediately but it will happen before christmas imo.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
They have to outperform Hájek, Bitetto and Tinordi.

I think Lundkvist is a shoe-in for that 3RD spot unless he really struggles. It's his spot to lose.

I tend to agree though I honestly wouldnt mind him spending a month in hartford for an adjustment period.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Barring injury, if Tinordi is on the starting roster over one of the kids, I'd be upset.

3-RD is Nils' spot to lose. Jones could be the dark horse.

Imo Left side will be Miller, Lindgren Nemeth..right Trouba, Fox Lundkvist/Jones(he did some work on the off side last year)
Tinordi will likely be the 7th d.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I tend to agree though I honestly wouldnt mind him spending a month in hartford for an adjustment period.

If he struggles, sure. But if he shows he's ready, he wouldn't be the first player to make the jump straight from a European league to the NHL without ever playing a game in the A. Off the top of my head:

Tobias Enström
Kim Johnsson
Marcus Ragnarsson
Daniel Tjärnqvist
Niclas Wallin
Kimmo Timonen
Marek Židlický
Alexander Romanov

And those are just some defensemen. I excluded top picks.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I wonder if we start Tinordi instead of Lundkvist/Jones for the first game since it’s against Washington
There likely is a good chance they go with 7 D for that game and it would be great to see big guys like Nemeth and Miller drop them if the chance arises and pound the living pee out of a couple like Oshie and Hags LMAO...two Ranger killers ! It's about time we showed some muscle on the ice and start setting the tone and not let Tom Wilson set it for us .

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Unless the rookies knock the socks off Gallant/Drury in camp, I think it’ll be a vet-oriented lineup to start. That means Reaves, Tinordi, Nemeth, etc. There are playoff expectations for a lot of fans and the media.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
If he struggles, sure. But if he shows he's ready, he wouldn't be the first player to make the jump straight from a European league to the NHL without ever playing a game in the A. Off the top of my head:

Tobias Enström
Kim Johnsson
Marcus Ragnarsson
Daniel Tjärnqvist
Niclas Wallin
Kimmo Timonen
Marek Židlický
Alexander Romanov

And those are just some defensemen. I excluded top picks.

Does the SHL use the wider rinks? I can't think of it for sure off the top of my head.

Camp will tell us a lot, but I'd be curious to see how all of our young D do with decision-making when it comes to the speed of the NHL game.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Unless the rookies knock the socks off Gallant/Drury in camp, I think it’ll be a vet-oriented lineup to start. That means Reaves, Tinordi, Nemeth, etc. There are playoff expectations for a lot of fans and the media.

It's a near-certainty we'll ice a vet-heavy, "tough" lineup for game one against the Caps. I'm sure Dolan will have some crap about wanting to "start strong."

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I hate to break it to people but Tinordi is gonna be on the roster come opening night

The way the team and Gallant have been talking about him in press recently if there was an ability to put money on him being dressed opening night I’d hammer yes

Reactions: EdJovanovski

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
I hate to break it to people but Tinordi is gonna be on the roster come opening night

The way the team and Gallant have been talking about him in press recently if there was an ability to put money on him being dressed opening night I’d hammer yes

Dressed over who? Assuming the top 3 LHD are healthy. You think they’d play him on his off-side?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm Hertlin' for a squirtlin'
007.png

Reactions: Bacon Artemi Bravo

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Lindgren - Fox Norris (Chucks kid Brother)
KAM - Trouba
Tinordi - Nemeth

is what I would expect to see in game 1 at this point
Which should be a doozy
Maybe they even dress Geertson instead of KAM? Tinordi-Geertson as the 3rd pair. That would be nuts.... Even sit Lindgren and sign Chara for a game.
The ghost of Old Man McGrath in the locker room for the pregame peptalk... ;)
Imagine icing Blais - Goodrow - Reeves -Tinordi - Geertson on the first faceoff (all being new NYR:ers)?!!! MEET THE NEW RANGERS - THE POWER RANGERS...
The buildup, media coverage and PR (which could go both ways but Jimmy Boy and Slather would love it) would be astounding. OLD TIME HOCKEY IS BACK!
BACK TO REALITY... Whovever is the #7 in that game will have a good shot at a regular slot on the 3rd pair thereafter (this could also be Bitetto)
But there is a LOT that can happen until opening night
Time will tell...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad