News Article: Spec can I talk to you a sec?

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
He's on Oilers Now right now. Stauffer is having a hard time finding the words to respond to Spector's stupidity.

Stauffer is using Spector's own words against him, and Spector is jumping all over the place. He's a moron.

Spec really is just an example of the worst type of journalist. He is a perfect use case for the Dunning-Kruger effect as well.

The guy is simply clueless, and always has been. I have no idea why anybody associates with him in any way, or listens to anything he has to say about hockey in general.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
McDavid has the second lowest 5vs5 goals against per 60 among all Oilers this year.

Spector is pissed off that the Yzerman moment he preached about happened and did jack shit to help the squad because hockey is a team game with 20 players, a coaching staff and a general manager, not something driven by bullshit narratives about great leaders sacrificing their points for defence or whatever is the popular story. It happened without fulfilling its narrative purpose and in Spectors world of childish stories that means it didn't happen at all.

So...

I'm very curious about this second lowest GA 5v5 stat. That doesn't seem possible and if it is, I believe you it's just surprising, I can't help but feel that is still not a good thing. More a the team around him is failing than McDavid is playing great 2 way hockey right now.

McDavid gets too many minutes. This is known imo and often for being so fast is the late man back on too many GA. Draisaitl the same lately although I typically have him the much more reposcible center in that regard.

Too many minutes is on the coach, hopefully. Systems and freedoms of stars ditto. Goalies and defense on the GM...

Any which way McDavid should not be singled out but I think he has to share the blame and work to get better. I also think he does this as well.

In short I can easily see where Spector is coming from but he is twisting it in a very stupid way. As you mention probably because he is pissy ironically enough.

Reactions: Gene Carr

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Thats such a bullshit statement. Your job doesn't require you to make people angry. People are mad at you because your an arrogant asshole.

These are things that straight up assholes say "well I must be telling 'hard truths' because people are angry at me". Maybe, just maybe, if people are constantly calling you a dick, wait for it.... you're just a dick.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
On the main board there are a few who have their knickers in a twist saying it is not thread worthy, If it was matthews or any other leaf--we would have ten threads on whomever did calling them a great leader

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
64w1m2.jpg
gonna steal this. thanks

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Until it is actually showing on NHL ice it means diddly all. We've heard this same song and dance since Stu McGregor has been hired and it's really not night and day different.

The Oilers will likely be lucky if Holloway or Bourgault are as good as Eberle and if Broberg is as good as Klefbom at the NHL level.

They've been talking about "drafting and development" being the no.1 priority since like 2008 which is now 14 years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad