News Article: Spec can I talk to you a sec?

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
He's on Oilers Now right now. Stauffer is having a hard time finding the words to respond to Spector's stupidity.

Stauffer is using Spector's own words against him, and Spector is jumping all over the place. He's a moron.

Yah...Let's get rid of McDavid and Draisaitl and bring back more Andrew Ference's. That way the local press can write about how much character guys like this bring to the table.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
What a smug asshole this guy is.

"If people are mad at me, then I'm doing my job."

"Play better, and I'll write good things about you."

"I work for the Oilers Entertainment Group, and even I say management has to build a better team around their stars." - Stauffer

Bob points out that even Holland took blame for where the team is at.

Last edited:

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

The biggest twat in Edmonton media. The snotty little tone he uses to ask questions is the icing on the cake.

I said it in another thread, but I think he is choosing to take the path of troll style journalism to get clicks in the mold of Wyshinski, Cox, Simmons, etc. He has been on a roll of barfing out insanely dumb things even by his standards lately and I think this has something to do with it.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I honestly makes me so mad these idiot clowns have jobs as hockey writers when they clearly don't even understand the sport.

What kind of dense motherf***er do you have to be to think having the best player in the world on the team is the reason the team is not winning

to add salt on the wound, he writes articles calling an absolute nobody player like kris russell a warrior and cowboy etc etc praising him for his all-time blocked shots

spec is an absolute dipshit, we are literally repeating the taylor hall timeline with McDrai at this point.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Holland got Tippett fired, Tippett was a lame duck coach that had no system whatseover but he had a winning record every season because he rode McDavid-Draisaitl-Smith to wins.

Holland bet the farm on Smith at 40 being able to repeat that, so if Spec wants to cry about it, point the finger at Holland.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I honestly makes me so mad these idiot clowns have jobs as hockey writers when they clearly don't even understand the sport.

What kind of dense motherf***er do you have to be to think having the best player in the world on the team is the reason the team is not winning

to add salt on the wound, he writes articles calling an absolute nobody player like kris russell a warrior and cowboy etc etc praising him for his all-time blocked shots

spec is an absolute dipshit, we are literally repeating the taylor hall timeline with McDrai at this point.
and on top of all this, the f***ing media has the balls to say the fans are the reason players don't want to play here.

f***ing leavins tweets re: larsson still piss me off so much

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Amazing how little substance there is to modern professional sports writers like Spec. No attempt to break down why Tippitt failed in Edmonton, no questioning of player usage, how the team played defensively and why it wasn't working or how the defensive system might be a problem; just endless anecdotes about how "goaltenders make coaches" and who they think should be blamed for it all. Even Stauffer is fixated on Hollands statement about "i made this team", an utterly meaningless superficial soundbite designed to appeal emotionally to people who want someone to accept blame, as if that actually changes anything.

No wonder so many people went off to form the analytics communities online, when the professionals just offer the shallowest commentary possible.

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
McDavid has the second lowest 5vs5 goals against per 60 among all Oilers this year.

Spector is pissed off that the Yzerman moment he preached about happened and did jack shit to help the squad because hockey is a team game with 20 players, a coaching staff and a general manager, not something driven by bullshit narratives about great leaders sacrificing their points for defence or whatever is the popular story. It happened without fulfilling its narrative purpose and in Spectors world of childish stories that means it didn't happen at all.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017

"I work for the Oilers Entertainment Group, and even I say management has to build a better team around their stars." - Stauffer

Bob points out that even Holland took blame for where the team is at.

Thats such a bullshit statement. Your job doesn't require you to make people angry. People are mad at you because your an arrogant asshole.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Holland got Tippett fired, Tippett was a lame duck coach that had no system whatseover but he had a winning record every season because he rode McDavid-Draisaitl-Smith to wins.

Holland bet the farm on Smith at 40 being able to repeat that, so if Spec wants to cry about it, point the finger at Holland.
There's also so much paternalism in Spec, Matty and Jones' complaints. These guys, because they are old, forget this media/player relationship is basically as equals in a professional sense.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
So guys we're good at this with coaches and eventually GM's....
But how do we come together to run Mark Spector out of town? Priority one imo.
Surely the team can swing some BS reason to keep him away?

Reactions: Reginald Dunlop

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Spector is the biggest front runner so I laugh at Flames/Canucks fans who are sucking him off, when ever the Oilers are on a hot streak like at the beginning of the year, Spector is the first one to overreact and declare Cup contention is coming.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

Spector:

9cf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad