Pre-Game Talk: Soup or Stew? Edm v Cal Saturday 8 PM

Soup or Stew?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Teams should be handed massive fines for this sort of stuff IMO. This is professional sports not the ECHL. Way to much money involved including mine, yours and every other paying fan in the league.

Agreed. Or we just take a giant dump on the floor of the visiting dressing room. Have a sniff before the game Flamers.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Calgary just throwing Markstrom to the wolves. Poor guy was just starting to recover from his traumatic experience too.

I am sure the guys will light him up like a Christmas tree once again.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Agreed. Or we just take a giant dump on the floor of the visiting dressing room. Have a sniff before the game Flamers.

At a championship game in a tournament I coached out in the sticks somewhere, the home team sprinkled sand all over the floor of our dressing room (to dull the players skates), down the hall accessing the ice and on the floor of our players bench.

Because I coached another team there the year before, I knew it was a trick they liked to pull, so I showed up extra early with a good broom and swept everything all up beforehand.

Teams should be handed massive fines for this sort of stuff IMO. This is professional sports not the ECHL. Way to much money involved including mine, yours and every other paying fan in the league.

Glen Sather used to paint the visitor dressing room the night before a game and keep the doors closed all night. I think that room at Rexall had 500 coats of paint.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
At a championship game in a tournament I coached out in the sticks somewhere, the home team sprinkled sand all over the floor of our dressing room (to dull the players skates), down the hall accessing the ice and on the floor of our players bench.

Because I coached another team there the year before, I knew it was a trick they liked to pull, so I showed up extra early with a good broom and swept everything all up beforehand.

Glen Sather used to paint the visitor dressing room the night before a game and keep the doors closed all night. I think that room at Rexall had 500 coats of paint.

Lol. That’s some good coaching on your part.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Campbell is our starter Skinner is the backup. Big game use the starter.

Skinner is basically a big win in the saddledome away from this being more of a “split/tandem” goalie system. Campbell is fine but we will regret the latter years of this deal when Skinner is demanding big bucks.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
So Oilers starting Skinner. It’s early in the year- but this is classic Holland. He could have given Skinner more games last year to see what we had in him- we owed nothing to Koskinen. Now he is steadily taking over what we hoped Campbell would be. He did the same thing with Barrie and Bouchard. Say Bouchard for most is 2019/20. Now he is paying 4.25 for a redundant Barrie. I hope Campbell emerges as the number 1- or we are again stuck with a 5M cap hit for 5 years. Should have gone with Lowetide’s suggestion of signing Comrie

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Kulak Bouchard finally! I really think this is the path to success two solid pairings and then give Barrie and whoever super easy limited 5v5 minutes.

Yes give the oldest veteran D the kid glove rookie shelter treatment again so the HFBoards posters can come on here and boast about how he was defensively dominant vs. Kevin Rooney For ~5 minutes ES /s?

(this is the correct roster deployment though, all kidding aside. Woodcroft getting it dialed in)

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So Oilers starting Skinner. It’s early in the year- but this is classic Holland. He could have given Skinner more games last year to see what we had in him- we owed nothing to Koskinen. Now he is steadily taking over what we hoped Campbell would be. He did the same thing with Barrie and Bouchard. Say Bouchard for most is 2019/20. Now he is paying 4.25 for a redundant Barrie. I hope Campbell emerges as the number 1- or we are again stuck with a 5M cap hit for 5 years. Should have gone with Lowetide’s suggestion of signing Comrie
Lowetide suggested Comrie? I wanted someone cheap as the 1B to Skinner, Comrie never seemed mentioned around here.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Skinner is basically a big win in the saddledome away from this being more of a “split/tandem” goalie system. Campbell is fine but we will regret the latter years of this deal when Skinner is demanding big bucks.
I look at it as solid insurance and until we know definitively what we have in Skinner. Tonight will add to the narrative but by no means closes the book on the question.

It’s trending positively, but still way too early to get all horny.

If he is the real deal, that’s a bonus. If he isn’t, it’s a good call by Holland. Goalies are notorious for screaming out of the gate only to fall back to earth. The list is long, Carter Hart exhibit A. Let’s hope Skinner can keep building then dumping Campbell is a good problem to have and better than having to dump him and having NO alternative.

I get your perspective though, he could have given him a few more starts last year but i think they wanted to firm up their experienced tandem as they moved closer to the playoffs.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
We need a couple of big hits from Nemo early. Hopefully on Kadri to set the tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad