• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Soup - Numbers don't support it but he has been good, not great, which is what we expected.
Stew - Numbers are off the charts and he has had 2 excellent games and a good game (Loss to Buffalo).

Neither goalie is letting in the blooper at an unexpected time like Smith or Koskinen and both goalies have made key saves at critical times when we have needed it.

Who do you start versus the inbred heathen horde down south Saturday night?

I go with Campbell, he will want to show he is the guy and the players will want to badly get him the win as they let him down with their poor play vs Calgary in the 1st period 2 weeks ago in Edmonton.

What say you?

Also, f*** the refs in advance.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Campbell has not been what I expected. Makes some big saves but hasn’t been close to a 5 mill goalie. Terrible rebound control.

Skinner has looked unreal though.

I think Campbell bounces back and is still the definite starter.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Don't care. Both have been good to great for us.

I might lean slightly towards Skinner only because his previous relief performance against Calgary was not rewarded as it should have been.

Edit: I like the Soup versus Stew analogy.

I generally like stew more than soup but every now and then a good soup is amazing. And stew is harder to get to that amazing level. If both are great I only give the edge to stew if it comes with a fresh delicious roll to dunk and mop.

Last edited:

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
This time of the year I'd start Campbell but if we needed the points I'd go with Skinner.

I'd say it's important to get Campbell going, but I'm also not sure Calgary is the team for that.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
While we might be paying Soup as the #1, I think you still go Stu with what he’s shown. No contract should get in the way of icing the best possible team for a W.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Starting Skinner this game would be a great way to kill the confidence of the guy you committed to and are supposed to believe in. Would be a very short-sighted decision based on a very small sample.

And I'm saying that as someone that was skeptical of Campbell from the beginning and has been thoroughly unimpressed with his play so far.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'd start Campbell. He did not play well against Chicago even though he made some huge saves. We need him going. If he looks bad early, his leash should be short and Skinner should be able to stay in net for 3 or 4 games while Campbell tries to get his game in order in practice.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think they go with Campbell. Paying him to be the #1, you need to show him you have the confidence to play him in the big games. But I'm fine either way, just think that's the way they'll approach it.
That and I think you have to go back him due to the last game just be a complete and utter shit show.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Makes no huge difference to me. Both are making saves and winning games for their team. They are doing it differently but it’s working. If I do lean one way, it’s towards Campbell. I think he steps up tomorrow. He is due for an off the chart experience. Who better than these turds.

His brief tenure here already reminds me of Fuhr in his time here. Younger guy, easy carefree approach, highs not too high, lows not too low, oh, and fans calling for him to be run out of town on the first rail they see. Only thing missing is Soup calling them jerks. Me thinks he won’t ;).

Anyways, the real enemy are those inbreds that play in the Crumbledome. And like others have stated, f*** the refs ,Gary Bettman and the Lames, in advance.

Francis is such a weenie.
He’s their own Spector.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Flames games have high potential to be a barn burner. I’d keep Skinner confident and give Jack a chance to come up huge in the BoA.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I wouldn't start Campbell because they start on their toes, we don't and the last time that happened he got shelled.

I doubt Campbell would take any offense whatsoever to starting Skinner considering what happened the last time we played the Flames and the goaltending result of the last two Oiler games. If we start running Skinner out as the 1A then that might be a different story, but this is a big game and I think it would be foolish to go with anything other than the hot hand.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Don't care. Both have been good to great for us.

I might lean slightly towards Skinner only because his previous relief performance against Calgary was not rewarded as it should have been.

Edit: I like the Soup versus Stew analogy.

I generally like stew more than soup but every now and then a good soup is amazing. And stew is harder to get to that amazing level. If both are great I only give the edge to stew if it comes with a fresh delicious roll to dunk and mop.
Stew can have Guinness added. That puts it over the top for me. Therefore Woodcroft knows what must be done.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Soup is any combination of ingredients cooked in liquid. Stew is any dish that's prepared by stewing—that is, submerging the ingredients with just enough liquid to cook them through at a simmer in a covered pot for a long time.

the-more-you-know.gif

I wonder if this book can provide any guidance on who to start on Saturday?

sub-buzz-2139-1573075896-1.jpg

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
I've never watched an Oil game in enemy territory and I'm debating to make the 5 hour one way trip to finally make it happen. It is one thing going to see your team in a nice modern barn with your own fans. Part of me doesn't want to drive all the way there to sit in the saddle dump arena and have the issue of possibly being taken out by falling concrete.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
I've never watched an Oil game in enemy territory and I'm debating to make the 5 hour one way trip to finally make it happen. It is one thing going to see your team in a nice modern barn with your own fans. Part of me doesn't want to drive all the way there to sit in the saddle dump arena and have the issue of possibly being taken out by falling concrete.
Saddledump Oil games are always fun, especially when we win and all the shames fans are hanging their heads as you leave the arena, while the oiler fans are all high fiving each other

Reactions: Biltmore

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I think whoever starts will need to be very good. It’s edm’s third road game in 4 nights while the flames have been off since Tuesday. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad