• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Pre game meal. Gonna have Italian BMT from subway
That’s annoying. Can’t post pictures anymore.

Attachments

• 6E312F62-A714-4DE9-BB20-218CB7638810.jpeg
    6E312F62-A714-4DE9-BB20-218CB7638810.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 2

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Skinner may well be better but good to have Campbell there to carry some of the load.

He's been just ok. So has the team defense up until the last couple games. Hoping he gets couple low goals against games in to shut everyone up as they will need two goalies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The best version of Smith we saw is when Smith himself noted how the team committed to defensive coverage and playing a 200 foot game. The majority of last years stellar season the team didn’t play well defensively. Things started coming together near the end where shut outs became a possibility finally.

I see Campbell as a guy that can make all the routine saves and we’ve see he can make some Grade A larceny type saves too (maybe not two in a row though like some elites). If the Oilers get back to that point of focusing on and succeeding at team D, Campbells numbers can recover huge like how Smiths numbers looked elite to end last year.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Oilers always start off the year slow defensively. The systems just aren’t firing, McDrai working on creating that Art Ross lead and getting their seasons off to good offensives starts are reasons why.

Look at Mike Smiths first 8 starts last year versus his last 8 starts:

First 8 games: .875
Last 8 games: .963

Campbells numbers will recover when the Oilers decide to play team defence again.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Kane in the pre game being grilled about Kadri... "Is Kane and Kadri a thing? ... I don't tend to think about players on other teams..if they want to think about me that's great but I'll go out, play my game and let the chips fall where they may. If they want to engage in any festivities I'll be happy to oblige....haha....

" Kadri if you start anything you are dog meat pal!!"

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Do people ever threaten to get physically violent? I got assaulted here for wearing an oilers jersey to a game.
No I haven't had any issues. I'm a bit of a bigger guy.

But my buddy had issues when we wore his flames jersey to edmonton. Someone spit on him at the urinals. That pissed me off i wasnt around at the time. That shit isn't cool

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Kane in the pre game being grilled about Kadri... "Is Kane and Kadri a thing? ... I don't tend to think about players on other teams..if they want to think about me that's great but I'll go out, play my game and let the chips fall where they may. If they want to engage in any festivities I'll be happy to oblige....haha....

Kane just needs to keep his head on a swivel. Kadri is a cheap shot artist and effective one at that. He also seems like a spiteful fellow that would blame Kane despite diving and breaking his own thumb.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
No I haven't had any issues. I'm a bit of a bigger guy.

But my buddy had issues when we wore his flames jersey to edmonton. So one spit on him at the urinals. That pissed me off i wasnt around at the time. That shit isn't cool
Thats sad but not on the fan base. I wear my Oilers jersey all the time in Calgary and havent had an issue(27 years)

Reactions: Zerotonine

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Pre game meal. Gonna have Italian BMT from subway
That’s annoying. Can’t post pictures anymore.
Home made lasagna on the menu today using up some of our remaining garden tomatoes, onions, peppers, herbs in the meat sauce component. We also layer in a level of garden spinach in it. I like it with the spinach layer in there.
So good we always batch bake two large casseroles because everybody wants some.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

meh. I love Kane but not sure I would be talking this talk after the last game. Know when to tone it down a bit dude. Would be happy with Kane having his best game today.

In fairness to Kadri who I hate he's the Flames best player.

Kane likes the gamemanship, the circus. I don't mind that in a playoff series and it can legitimately put opponents off their ideal game and get in their heads but in reg season it tends to interfere with your own clubs focus.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Thats sad but not on the fan base. I wear my Oilers jersey all the time in Calgary and havent had an issue(27 years)
There are idiots were ever you go, your right can't paint everyone with the same brush.

I've been going flames games in oilers silk for 20 some years as well no issues

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Sakich

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
meh. I love Kane but not sure I would be talking this talk after the last game. Know when to tone it down a bit dude. Would be happy with Kane having his best game today.

In fairness to Kadri who I hate he's the Flames best player.

Kane likes the gamemanship, the circus. I don't mind that in a playoff series and it can legitimately put opponents off their ideal game and get in their heads but in reg season it tends to interfere with your own clubs focus.
I think that was him toning things down. Basically I'll play my game and let them come to me. I agree he has to keep it toned down as he won't be getting many calls. The last part was my translation not anything he actually said, it would be great to see Kane speed bag Kadri but likely won't see it.

Woody also in pregame was too funny:

reporter: so calgary is looking deeper at center, will you have to change the way to approach them as the visiting team?

Woody: Is that your opinion?

reporter: Ya...

Woody: Oh....ok... awkward silence....

Apparently he isn't buying into the hype that they have 3 selke quality centers either....

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Nic
Home made lasagna on the menu today using up some of our remaining garden tomatoes, onions, peppers, herbs in the meat sauce component. We also layer in a level of garden spinach in it. I like it with the spinach layer in there.
So good we always batch bake two large casseroles because everybody wants some.
Nice. Glad you are still harvesting a few groceries.

Been here for 3 weeks, went and bought a few bedding plants and crafted some self waterers on the cheap. Already have cherry tomatoes and. Bell peppers that weren’t even buds at the point of being in mid season form. Cucumbers and lettuce slow to get going, herb bucket is solid. Can’t take the gardener out of me…

1667069913251.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad