Friedman: "Sounds like the Yotes are working to give Duclair a fresh start"

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I can't think of another player in the league who has shown Duclair's productivity but is being held back so it'd be hard to find an equal value 1 for 1 trade, even though Duclair is a better talent than Goldobin quite easily.
Yes. The situation sucks as a Coyotes fan. They'll almost certainly lose this trade by a large margin. The only way they won't is by absolute dumb luck if the asset they pick up suddenly becomes way better than anyone hoped.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
To SJS:
Duclair+Schenn

To ARI:
Boedker+Braun

The Sharks downgrade from Braun to Schenn but save a crap ton of money and get out from under that horrendous Boedker deal. Duclair would without a doubt finish the year with 20 goals in San Jose.

The Sharks are one of the best teams in the league in GA and one of the worst in GF. They could afford to downgrade Braun for some scoring. Duclair could easily be a monster on that team.

The Coyotes get Boedker who's a flop. But he's a flop that's OEL's BFF. Keeping OEL happy should be paramount. Also Boedke was a pretty good player at certain points in Arizona and there's at least a tiny chance he regains some mojo. More importantly than that, though, his cap hit is much higher than his salary. Arizona has to hit a the floor next year.

The Coyotes are a mess. They need stability. Braun is stable. He helps even out the D pairs and might keep games from getting too silly too often.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Duclair to EDM for Strome.
unites the Stromes in ARI and I believe Duclair is buddies with Nurse.

Reactions: Shane Goudie

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Need a LD? Mike Reilly or Gustav Ollofsson for Duclair?

Both Reilly and Ollofsson are at worst capable 3rd pairing, with 2nd pairing upside. They are just redundant and both require waivers for the Wild.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
No interest in highly drafted, underwhelming defensemen.
Draft position is your argument? Almost ten years after he was drafted?
Bogo is what he is. A well-skating, useful but injury-prone top 4 RD with limited hockey-IQ.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
He's on his 3rd coach that seems to hate him if we go back to junior. His own teammates wanted him suspended in Quebec. Maybe he hasn't done much growing up. I'm not sure Buffalo has a strong enough locker room to inject someone with possible baggage.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
He's on his 3rd coach that seems to hate him if we go back to junior. His own teammates wanted him suspended in Quebec. Maybe he hasn't done much growing up. I'm not sure Buffalo has a strong enough locker room to inject someone with possible baggage.
Chemistry with Reinhart in the past and the possibility that he might come cheap makes him interesting.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Draft position is your argument? Almost ten years after he was drafted?
Bogo is what he is. A well-skating, useful but injury-prone top 4 RD with limited hockey-IQ.

No, i was being facetious. Duclair was a 3rd rounder, my argument would hold no water if that were the case. I was simply drawing a correlation between Gudbrandson and Bogo (both high draft picks) indicating we would have no interest in either of them.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I wouldn't mind him in Anaheim... tho idk what coyotes needs are or how much value duclair holds at this point.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Duclair to EDM for Strome.
unites the Stromes in ARI and I believe Duclair is buddies with Nurse.
I wouldn't do that.

Strome is more valuable than Duke at this point. I'd add him at the expense of a mid round pick and a lower end prospect. I wouldn't take anything off the roster beyond pieces like Slepyshev or Pakarinen.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Did the Habs call?

The Habs will have some interest if they finally decide to shut the season down and reset. If he can be had for a 2nd round pick type return, and that's a big if, than Duclair is the perfect Pacioretty replacement for the rest of season should Patches actually be moved.

He'd probably get top 6 minutes.... Or 4th line... But seriously put him on Danault's RW for the rest of the season and see how he handles it. If the Habs move Pacioretty they should absolutely be in on Duclair, need to replace those goals someplace.

Shane Goudie

Jul 8, 2009
I wouldn't do that.

Strome is more valuable than Duke at this point. I'd add him at the expense of a mid round pick and a lower end prospect. I wouldn't take anything off the roster beyond pieces like Slepyshev or Pakarinen.

Strome isn't going to get qualified next summer. Moving Slepyshev and a pick would be nice but if the ask was Strome and a pick I wouldn't say no.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
To SJS:
Duclair+Schenn

To ARI:
Boedker+Braun

The Sharks downgrade from Braun to Schenn but save a crap ton of money and get out from under that horrendous Boedker deal. Duclair would without a doubt finish the year with 20 goals in San Jose.

The Sharks are one of the best teams in the league in GA and one of the worst in GF. They could afford to downgrade Braun for some scoring. Duclair could easily be a monster on that team.

The Coyotes get Boedker who's a flop. But he's a flop that's OEL's BFF. Keeping OEL happy should be paramount. Also Boedke was a pretty good player at certain points in Arizona and there's at least a tiny chance he regains some mojo. More importantly than that, though, his cap hit is much higher than his salary. Arizona has to hit a the floor next year.

The Coyotes are a mess. They need stability. Braun is stable. He helps even out the D pairs and might keep games from getting too silly too often.

Doubt SJ does it since Vlasic-Braun is a premier shutdown pair. SJ needs depth to become a contender again, and I think once they shed some of those contracts, they'll get back to the 5-8 seed next year.

I've followed the Duke since he was a Ranger pick and he has tremendous upside, but in the right system and team. He's a guy that would thrive in a TOR, NYR, CHI, NSH but struggle mightily on a FLA, BOS.

If I'm the Yotes, I'd use the Duke to backfill the forward line-up. Like get a 4th line center that can insulate the line-up and a reliable PK defenseman.

You trade the Duke and throw in a piece to balance it out.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Strome isn't going to get qualified next summer. Moving Slepyshev and a pick would be nice but if the ask was Strome and a pick I wouldn't say no.
Ryan Strome will either be traded for an upgrade or signed to the same deal he has now if Chiarelli can't negotiate a smaller deal. There's no chance the Oilers let him get to RFA. But as it stands, Ryan Strome is a better hockey player than Anthony Duclair. He's more versatile, has a right-handed shot and has been performing admirably on Draisaitl's wing. That isn't a trade that addresses anything.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Would love to add Duclair to the Flyers bottom 6, which is lacking in straight line speed and creativity.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00