Sound Tigers “rebooting”? **UPDATE** changing name to BPORT Islanders

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Just two days ago my daughter asked me why Sparky was the Islanders mascot. I explained to her about the arena football dragons and how he was their mascot and became the islanders mascot by default.

personally, I didn’t mind Nyles
I think it is just the randomness/ silliness of how Sparky came to be that I find endearing... he is kinda similar to how we used to joke about honkey the hockey SUV

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Bridgeport Sounds is like a Bronx cheer. If you’ve ever been, you know what I mean.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Before the first exhibition game at Belmont they should have a formal ceremony and bury the Sparky costume near Ruffian. Then, at the first regular season game they can introduce a zombie Sparky/Ruffian mascot. "Ruffy" the zombie dragon horse.

I know. Marketing genius, right?

Reactions: attilatheislander

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Before the first exhibition game at Belmont they should have a formal ceremony and bury the Sparky costume near Ruffian. Then, at the first regular season game they can introduce a zombie Sparky/Ruffian mascot. "Ruffy" the zombie dragon horse.

I know. Marketing genius, right?
i am voting for the 'Lights', the vampire unicorn ostrich/lighthouse. at least they could terrorize opposing fans.

Reactions: attilatheislander

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad