Soo Greyhounds 2016-17 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
All quite at the Northern Front, are the Greyhounds all set and ready to go for the 2016-17 season or what ? Are we to expect some announcement soon or is everyone gone fishing at the cottage for the summer?

hfp

Jul 30, 2009
SSM
All quite at the Northern Front, are the Greyhounds all set and ready to go for the 2016-17 season or what ? Are we to expect some announcement soon or is everyone gone fishing at the cottage for the summer?

Pretty quiet until after Friday.

Then after NHL Draft , we get the import draft.

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012
Was O. Makinen taken in the recent NHL draft given that he was rated 13th amongst international skaters going into the draft?

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
I see John Goodwin left Kingston...i know the Soo is further away from his family in TO but could he be a fit here for assistant coach? Would he even be interested?

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Hey Soo fans, does Brandon Halverson have any chance or returning for an over-age year, despite being signed already by the NYR??

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
Hey Soo fans, does Brandon Halverson have any chance or returning for an over-age year, despite being signed already by the NYR??

Highly doubt he will be back, usually goalies don't come back as overagers and not really sure we would have the room if he did. I'm pretty sure he will be in the Rangers system next year, either at the AHL or ECHL level.

hfp

Jul 30, 2009
SSM
Highly doubt he will be back, usually goalies don't come back as overagers and not really sure we would have the room if he did. I'm pretty sure he will be in the Rangers system next year, either at the AHL or ECHL level.

Yeah I don't see him coming back.

I see the Hounds acquiring a guy like Culina from Windsor to back up Raaymakers.

HockeyHero96

Nov 1, 2015
Yeah I don't see him coming back.

I see the Hounds acquiring a guy like Culina from Windsor to back up Raaymakers.

I don't think we need to acquire another goalie. Raaymakers will play 80 percent of games and newhouse is a pretty good goalie , some scouts say he could belike carey price....

Rookie2016

Mar 24, 2016
Really....Culina backing up Raymakers not a chance....I think Culina is the better goalie......time will tell but I don't think Raymakers will be No.1 all year.

Rookie2016

Mar 24, 2016
I really don't see Windsor giving up either of those two goalies.....both rookies last year and Culina getting called up half way through season and the numbers they both put up is impressive.

hfp

Jul 30, 2009
SSM
I really don't see Windsor giving up either of those two goalies.....both rookies last year and Culina getting called up half way through season and the numbers they both put up is impressive.

I'm just saying...IF Windsor grabs a concrete #1 ( let's not forget they have the Memorial Cup this year, so having a goalie who put impressive numbers up as rookies may not be able to hack it... )

Just what a little birdie told me anyways. Raaymakers is better than Culina personally but I mean that's each owns opinion. Why does he have to back up, what if we have two goalies that are equal splitting the load ...we would go further maybe?

Rookie2016

Mar 24, 2016
That's y I'm saying I don't think Windsor will give up either...they will probably split duties again....personally I don't think they are going to get anot her goalie....both guys have experience already and they won't be giving up any top roster players for a goalie in my opinion who isn't much better......on the other hand yes I would like to see Culina with Raymakers as a duo....would definitely help out hounds this year......I believe we will see Culina vs Raymakers in first hounds game

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Looking forward to training camp and seeing how all of the younger players have hopefully gotten bigger/stronger/faster. We seem stacked at forward so i'm wondering how things will play out? Will we deal some of that strength to get better on D...or possibly in net? Time will tell.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
Windsor is very high on culina. They will not move him and if they do they would want a significant return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad