Sony PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Honestly, I feel like Sony's marketing this past week has been very disorganized and reactionary.

Maybe there was a COVID-related delay in manufacturing? I don't know. They're a $37 BILLION dollar company. "Disorganized" doesn't seem like it would cut it for something as important as this.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Nothing about any of that seemed planned ahead of time. It just seemed like a giant cluster. They said preorders go live tomorrow...and then all of the sudden retailers start dropping them immediately. That’s not very consumer friendly. Just seemed very unorganized.

Sony set the expectation people would know ahead of time, and then yesterday happened.

It certainly did. I feel like I followed along as best I could. I read a tweet saying preorders were the following day. I go to dinner. I get home. Sold out everywhere. It’s frustrating. I would have preferred not to be up at 3AM clicking place order for the millionth time. I definitely prefer Microsoft’s plan.

But, I bought a PS5 anyway. Jokes on me.

Reactions: JaegerDice

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
It certainly did. I feel like I followed along as best I could. I read a tweet saying preorders were the following day. I go to dinner. I get home. Sold out everywhere. It’s frustrating. I would have preferred not to be up at 3AM clicking place order for the millionth time. I definitely prefer Microsoft’s plan.

But, I bought a PS5 anyway. Jokes on me.
This is assuming retailers don't jump the ball like they did with Sony.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I expect Best Buy and Walmart will be holding some units back for Black Friday.

Either way, both Microsoft and Sony are aiming for over 10 million consoles shipped by March, so anybody who wants one out of the gates will likely be able to get one if they can wait a month or two.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
This is assuming retailers don't jump the ball like they did with Sony.

I would’ve thought that would be contractually mandated. I’m surprised it isn’t. I mean, how is it not?

I’m sure Microsoft’s presale won’t go smoothly either. Apple doesn’t even have this down to a science and they do this several times a year. But at least they’re giving you some warning of when you have to fight the bots.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I would’ve thought that would be contractually mandated. I’m surprised it isn’t. I mean, how is it not?

I’m sure Microsoft’s presale won’t go smoothly either. Apple doesn’t even have this down to a science and they do this several times a year. But at least they’re giving you some warning of when you have to fight the bots.
or it gives the bots more time to prepare to buy everything. It can be thought of both ways really. we will find out which way turned out to be better.

Reactions: tucker3434

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008

It probably is but I'm guessing retailers just say they did it by "accident" when in reality they're trying to get a headstart on other stores.

What is Sony going to do? Take back their consoles a month from release?
Assuming you're in canada based on your username, Bestbuy still has them in stock https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...dset-for-playstation-5-3005689-white/14963233

Sold out on my end

Reactions: Gardner McKay

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
If anybody in Vancouver Canada is looking for PS5 pre-orders and don't mind paying for the disk drive version, The Source seems to have plenty of them.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Why is everyone going nuts over pre-orders? Do these things tend to go out of stock once they're out?
They prob want it day 1. If past launches are any indication, if you weren't able to get a pre order, you couldn't get one for months after release. With the holidays coming up, now's the time to get it.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Why is everyone going nuts over pre-orders? Do these things tend to go out of stock once they're out?

Well, do you absolutely have to have one at launch? I'd like to have one to play the remastered Demon's Souls but it won't kill me to wait a few months. I'll have the new Destiny expansion to play anyway.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

This is sick...wow. I've played most of these but there's still 5 or 6 or so I haven't and now we will get to own them as long as we have a PS+ subscription? That's just awesome.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Well, do you absolutely have to have one at launch? I'd like to have one to play the remastered Demon's Souls but it won't kill me to wait a few months. I'll have the new Destiny expansion to play anyway.
I sure don't, I've just never considered buying at launch, so I never realized how poorly stocked they were for these situations.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007

This is sick...wow. I've played most of these but there's still 5 or 6 or so I haven't and now we will get to own them as long as we have a PS+ subscription? That's just awesome.

Yeah this is pretty cool. There are a few that I considered buying (Detroit, Batman, Monster Hunter, and Last Guardian) and a couple that I'll probably at least try since they are available (Bloodborne, Persona 5). So this is really appealing to me.

Already own or played Battlefield, Final Fantasy, God of War, infamous, Last of Us, and Uncharted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad