Sony PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I think all those games have a pro mode except for bloodborne, hopefully there will be one on ps5 (I doubt it)

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I got one off of amazon. Said unavailable, refreshed a few times, suddenly it switched over to “preorder now” and got it. Was up and sold out in 3 minutes. How I got it in time I don’t know. Right place, right time. Extreme luck. Lol.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I know people are bummed Miles Morales is a smaller game (the $50 price point would seem to assure that) but I welcome it. I thought the first Spiderman was too bloated and got super repetitive to the point where I didn’t finish it. I’d take a shorter story in a second.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

This is sick...wow. I've played most of these but there's still 5 or 6 or so I haven't and now we will get to own them as long as we have a PS+ subscription? That's just awesome.

They announced this via the same stream they announced the price of the box.

It's basically their Gamepass play, though only with Sony games and 3rd party exclusives.

PS5 is going to be supply constrained its first year per reports.

If they actually hit their '15 million shipped by March' number, I honestly don't think supply will be much of an issue. That's a lot of units in 6 months.

Particularly if you don't mind paying for the disk-drive version, as that one seems to be selling out a bit slower than the digital version, based on pre-orders.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Hahahaha, what an absolutely cluster-f*** of a pre-order rollout.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
They announced this via the same stream they announced the price of the box.

It's basically their Gamepass play, though only with Sony games and 3rd party exclusives.

If they actually hit their '15 million shipped by March' number, I honestly don't think supply will be much of an issue. That's a lot of units in 6 months.

Particularly if you don't mind paying for the disk-drive version, as that one seems to be selling out a bit slower than the digital version, based on pre-orders.
The disc drive is the way to go. I've been buying digital when some games go on sale, plus having 2 ps4's for when the wife wants the upstairs living room is alot easier to switch consoles, but when the internet goes down or there is a problem with PSN you can't play your games. At least with a disc it works all the time.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
The disc drive is the way to go. I've been buying digital when some games go on sale, plus having 2 ps4's for when the wife wants the upstairs living room is alot easier to switch consoles, but when the internet goes down or there is a problem with PSN you can't play your games. At least with a disc it works all the time.
That's just not true at all.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
That's just not true at all.
If you can't log into PSN due to not having internet or the system being down, the PS can't confirm you have actually purchased the content. I've had it happen a few times. Or it works on load up but there is like a 15 minute timer to log into PSN.
maxresdefault.jpg

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
If you can't log into PSN due to not having internet or the system being down, the PS can't confirm you have actually purchased the content. I've had it happen a few times. Or it works on load up but there is like a 15 minute timer to log into PSN.
maxresdefault.jpg
Is yours set as the primary system? If not, then thats the problem. I've had no problem playing digital games when PSN was down.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I think the only games you have to be connected to the internet to authorize are the monthly free games you’ve installed via PSN Plus.

Likewise, pretty likely you’ll have to log in to access the free PS4 games Sony is offering on PS5.

But if you actually bought a game and have it installed on your console, you should be fine offline.

Obviously if you want to play a game that you bought digitally, but dont have installed, yeah you’re cooked if youre offline. Cause you’d need to redownload it. A disk you can just put right in.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Microsoft saying they will dock units on shipments if a company takes pre-orders before the start time, Sony should've done something similar to avoid the cluster rush.

Reactions: CPTN71

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Getting the disc version might be worth it for me. I'll probably just buy demon souls for $90 (in reality $100), beat it quickly, then flip it on kijiji

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Hoping to pick up a disc version. I work 60-70 hours a week during our busy season then will probably get laid off around the end of October or beginning of November. I was going to get a ps5 as an end of season present to myself to compliment last year's present of a 65 inch 4k tv. Would suck if I can't get my hands on one until we are getting ready to start up again in March.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Oh boy, just snagged one. Shoppers drug mart of all places had pre-orders go live at 6 EST and their page is finally working. Every step of the way it said out of stock, then I would refresh and it would let me move on. Just got my confirmation email though, so I hope I'm good.

Reactions: David71

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I lucked out and got a preorder tonight from Shoppers Drug Mart. The preorders started at 4 pm and their site was immediately down. Pretty much pushing refresh from 4 pm until 8 pm and lucked out and got through. They sold out pretty fast. What a craze it has been.

Last edited:

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I'm quite excited by this even though I don't play to get the console until late-2021 at the earliest, likely would prefer 2022. Already making a list of which PS4 games have good ratings and are cheap but don't have a PS3 version so I can grab those on sale when they're under $10 in Canadian PSN. So far I have this:

Also as an aside, why is like a quarter of the notable AAA library on the PS4 basically just games that are on the PS3 lol

Titanfall 2
Dishonored 2
Detroit Become Human
Yakuza 0
Dark Souls III
The Witcher 3
Shadow of Mordor (this does have a PS3 version but it's basically unplayable)
Nioh
Bloodborne
Horizon Zero Dawn

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I'm quite excited by this even though I don't play to get the console until late-2021 at the earliest, likely would prefer 2022. Already making a list of which PS4 games have good ratings and are cheap but don't have a PS3 version so I can grab those on sale when they're under $10 in Canadian PSN. So far I have this:

Also as an aside, why is like a quarter of the notable AAA library on the PS4 basically just games that are on the PS3 lol

Titanfall 2
Dishonored 2
Detroit Become Human
Yakuza 0
Dark Souls III
The Witcher 3
Shadow of Mordor (this does have a PS3 version but it's basically unplayable)
Nioh
Bloodborne
Horizon Zero Dawn

Also keep in mind, PS Plus is adding a whole slew of top rated PS4 games when PS5 launches. These are the games confirmed.

The Last of Us Remastered
God of War (2018)
Persona 5
Batman: Arkham Knight
Mortal Kombat X
Monster Hunter World
Days Gone
Infamous: Second Son
Resident Evil VII: biohazard
Battlefield 1
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Fallout 4