Sony PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I know it sold, but man those games were bland.

I agree. They felt like dime a dozen shooters as far as the gameplay was concerned, but I liked the premise and the settings.

Honestly, a legit sequel or maybe a complete remake/reimagining would be amazing. Remember, they do own Insomniac now and they are the ones who did those games.

I think a reimagining would go a long way for the Resistance series. It has a lot of potential to be a really good series of shooters whose story weaves in and out of actual post-WWII history. If they play their cards right they could see similar success to what the Wolfenstein series has seen.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
It looks pretty good but at this point, I don't care as much about how the games look as they're all in HD anyways as I care about the gameplay. I feel like single player gameplay mode might have peaked in the 360/PS3 gen as PS4 games were pretty focused on the online mode or overdoing certain things just because they could on story mode which was also often designed to tie into online rather than being it's own thing.

I don't care about online gameplay, just give me good single player action.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Yeah, it looks technically impressive, but this degree of improvement over the past generation is not something that remotely matters or is likely to improve gaming experiences for me whatsoever.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Im more excited about the SSD than anything really. No loading times would be amazing
Agreed. One thing I noticed about the demo that actually made me raise my eyebrow was that they STILL included one of those "hiding the loading screen" transitions (slowing down to squeeze through a narrow passage). Hopefully it was just some weird oversight and not something we'll need to continue to see more of.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I didn't watch the gameplay demo because i want to play the game eventually but im excited to hear the game will have no minimap. Always felt that that minimaps detract immensely from the experience, hopefully other games follow the lead.

edit: Ghost of tsushima I mean

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
It's tough to get excited about a $700 console right now.
theres been no exclusives announced anyways, and there likely wont be for a couple years since xbox is pushing 2 years of cross gen support on their side. The rumored demons souls remake might be exclusive but thats all ive seen.

Sep 19, 2008
700 us would be ridiculous

500 us i could be persuaded. depends on what's coming out with it. If I can wait until a price drop that'd be fine too.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I'll likely hold off until some good exclusives exist on the console before picking one up. Only way I'll pick one up on day 1 is if it comes out with the next God of War game. Otherwise, I doubt the third-party launch titles would justify a day 1 purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad