Sony PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I dunno, is there ever a reason to buy a console out of the gate?

I'm not paying $700 for ports of PS4 games and maybe one mediocre PS5 exclusive.
Number of units being available might be a factor this time around. Unless you are willing to wait a while, getting it day 1 might be the only option if you want one fairly early.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Also when the PS4 came out, the Canadian dollar was on par with the US, so if you're a Canadian launch was pretty much the best time to buy

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Number of units being available might be a factor this time around. Unless you are willing to wait a while, getting it day 1 might be the only option if you want one fairly early.
With everything slowed down right now I can't see too many exciting games being released out of the gate. I bought an Xbone nearly out of the game and it just collects dust.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I'm torn on which console to go with first, I went PS2 first then the XB, then XB360 at launch first then the PS3 a year or two later, then PS4 at launch and the XBone about 6 months after launch, so the pattern would point towards the Series X first but with very little known about either console and what games will be available at launch I don't really know.

The rumors of Steam being available on the Xbox intrigues me, I don't do any computer gaming but Steam would obviously open a lot of gaming options.

It would be great to have some concrete info on pricing and release dates, hopefully something breaks soon

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Mannnnn it really does go to show the years difference between the two for me...

PS4: Single, no responsibilities expect a new job out of college, just got a gaming laptop a few months before
PS5: Married, baby, house, need a new gaming laptop (I travel at times and play on the couch alot)

ONLY going to be able to get one.... I know the cost difference between the two but gonna to have to make the call. I wonder if there would be a trade-in promo at some time.

UGHHHHHHH. I think this will be the first console since.... I don't even remember I don't get it day 1. I guess its easier when you dont have a family burning the money away :laugh:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
So Sony will be going a different direction from Microsoft, the games announced at the now delayed show were not going to be cross gen games, ps5 only.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

For those of you who don't know he was a writer for the Deadspace series. Could Deadspace be announced in the upcoming stream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad