Sony PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
If I remember right, this guy used to work with Sony 10 years ago and is pretty much just an Xbox person now. And apparently a very open Xbox fanboy type of person (downplay everyone else to make your platform look good type of guy).

Also, what proof is there that it can't? Is he developing for it at the moment or just talking out his ass?

Funny, the Youtube channel who put up that podcast is banned on another site.

Like you said, 10 years ago he worked for Sony and now it seems he is totally out of the games hemisphere. Also this:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Also yeah, whatever it was was right out of his ass or the assumptions about what was said was right out of nowhere. He even admits that he doesn't have a PS5 dev kit.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure that article is a pure nothing-burger.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
^

Microsoft has already shown gears 5 120 fps footage on dev kit hardware so I wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few 120 fps option games since the first few years will be cross gen.

I think ps5 will be doing similar.

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Another thing, even though the PS5's TFLOPS (if you're going by that) is slightly under what the Xbox is (less than 2 TFLOPS difference), what immediately makes it "incapable" of doing real time ray tracing? An RTX 2060 is significantly weaker than either console (in terms of TFLOPS) and can do real time ray tracing.
An RTX has an edge with dedicated raytracing hardware thats not really related to traditional GPU power for raytracing.

You can even compare a gtx 1080 ti to a 2060, ti is much more powerful but the 2060 kills it in ray tracing cause it has dedicated raytracing hardware.

As far as I know, AMD has no such hardware and are going to be attempting to do it all in software with traditional GPUs, I'm not really buying it tbh. NVidia does have a history of intentionally adding graphics features that run poorly on AMD hardware, but I've yet to see any amd features come close to what Nvidia has.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
^

Microsoft has already shown gears 5 120 fps footage on dev kit hardware so I wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few 120 fps option games since the first few years will be cross gen.

I think ps5 will be doing similar.

I mean, I certainly wouldn't complain!

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
That would be HUGE if true. Basically a built in 30 minute/1 hour timer for all games on the store would be insane.

And good lord I used to post that place's forums YEARS ago.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
CD Projekt Red already confirmed the Xbox One version of Cyberpunk will allow players to upgrade to the Series X version.

Interestingly, they couldnt confirm the same for ps4 to ps5 at the time.

Interested to see if its ubiquitous or on a game-by-game basis for both platforms.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
It is. I honestly don't see a problem with it. I'm fine with there being a time window.

In a way, it certainly makes sense.

However, it does pose an interesting question for people not planning on an immediate upgrade. For example, if I decide not to buy a PS5 until late 2021 or beyond, does that mean I will need to shell out extra money to upgrade my existing PS4 library?

Not currently something I'm worried about personally, but I could see it being something to think about for a lot of people.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Can't be Killzone then ;)
source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad