Sony PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Pronger

Valar morghulis
Jan 20, 2011
Canada
Was able to get the digital edition off best buy Canada. Got really lucky in 20 min they were all gone. The disc version was gone maybe an hour later.

720$ for the disc version is a complete ripoff for canadians

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Best Buy's website has shit the bed for me. It's in my cart, but won't let me check out. Gamestop's website won't even load for me. I'm probably going to be dicked by both. Walmart and Target are both gone too. Don't have many options at this point.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I think I got the $749 advanced version off gamestop. Waiting on my email to confirm though... I clicked place order and it said shopping cart empty. :dunno:

I ordered the same thing. I got a confirmation number and everything though but it had the note of “There can be a delay for the Order Confirmation Email due to the High Order volume.”

This was around 35 minutes or so ago.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
What a joke of a pre order launch. After Sony says “oh don’t worry, pre orders won’t just go live without any notice...” that’s exactly what happened. Sony didn’t even officially announce pre orders and they’re sold out everywhere already. Best Buy. Walmart. Target. GameStop. All sold out. Fingers crossed for amazon or the Sony lottery but I doubt I’ll have any luck there either.

Reactions: FLYERSFAN18

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Couple of questions.

1. How does PS Plus work? It's not a streaming service, it's a download service, so is it just renting the privilege to play the games, and once you're off the service, you're locked out?
2. I never got a PS4 and wanted to get a PS5 so that I can kill two birds with one stone and catch up on PS4 games on the PS5. They're still going to be individually available to download (and permanently own) on the PS5, right?
3. The drive version will be a viable 4k Blu Ray player, right?

Last edited:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Sony can't control when retailers put stuff up, unfortunately. 3080 preorders going up at the same time isn't helping site traffic, either.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Best Buy's website has shit the bed for me. It's in my cart, but won't let me check out. Gamestop's website won't even load for me. I'm probably going to be dicked by both. Walmart and Target are both gone too. Don't have many options at this point.
Same thing happened here. Best Buy eventually let me go to the check int page but I couldn’t get to the payment info section and then Eventually it told me “sorry this item is out of stock”.

Same thing at GameStop. Gonna watch the amazon launch page.
I think this is it but I’m not sure. I followed a link from another site that said it was their pre order page.
PlayStation: Best Place to Play: PS5

If I can’t get a PS5 I’m going to try and order an Xbox series x. Hopefully that won’t be such a cluster ****.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Couple of questions.

1. How does PS Plus work? It's not a streaming service, it's a download service, so is it just renting the privilege to play the games, and once you're off the service, you're locked out?
2. I never got a PS4 and wanted to get a PS5 so that I can kill two birds with one stone and catch up on PS4 games on the PS5. They're still going to be individually available to download (and permanently own) on the PS5, right?

PS+ is the equivalent to Nintendo's online thing or Xbox Live. A way for consoles to milk a subscription out of you in order for you to able to play games online. They give you a couple free games every month at least, and it seems like it'll get PS5 owners several (dozens?) high profile PS4 games for free as long as they have a subscription.

In terms of what games are available digitally, I dunno? I imagine they'd just have the PS4 catalog in their online store but I couldn't say for sure at this point. At the very least it sounds like physical copies will work if you stick the disc in, at least "99%" of the time.

Reactions: Beau Knows

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Sony can't control when retailers put stuff up, unfortunately. 3080 preorders going up at the same time isn't helping site traffic, either.
Yeah but afaik (unless I missed it) Sony never even announced the pre order date, which they specifically said they would do and give people notice of when it was. They literally said they wouldn’t just spring it on us out of nowhere and then that’s exactly what happened. I think it’s crappy they said they wouldn’t do that and then did it anyway. Don’t tell people that if it’s not true.

There were rumors (not from Sony themselves) of it being today or tomorrow then suddenly it’s live and they’re sold out everywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Nuge

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Yeah but afaik (unless I missed it) Sony never even announced the pre order date, which they specifically said they would do and give people notice of when it was. They literally said they wouldn’t just spring it on us out of nowhere and then that’s exactly what happened. I think it’s crappy they said they wouldn’t do that and then did it anyway. Don’t tell people that if it’s not true.

There were rumors (not from Sony themselves) of it being today or tomorrow then suddenly it’s live and they’re sold out everywhere.

If they're making as many as they keep saying they're making it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Would be nice if retailer websites would stop breaking, though.

I'm starting to think the bulk of these consoles are gonna be sold either on Amazon or from Sony/Microsoft directly. I don't think they have much faith in Gamestop et al. continuing to exist and don't want them to have a bunch of spares laying around after they close.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The price gap between the two consoles is ridiculous. $629 CAD for the exact same console plus a disk drive? That better be the best damn disk drive ever made! :laugh:

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
The price gap between the two consoles is ridiculous. $629 CAD for the exact same console plus a disk drive? That better be the best damn disk drive ever made! :laugh:
its the conversion rate between the usd and cad. $100 usd is $132 cad.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Even in US dollars, the price difference between the disk and digital was dumb. In Canadian the difference is all the more stark.
It's Sony wanting to ruin the disc re-sale business, and probably them wanting to undercut the Series X as well.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
Went onto Walmart.ca and got the disc copy preorder about a half hour ago and breezed right through (I’m in Alberta)

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Too bad about Demon Souls not coming to PC after all. But I'll probably still just buy a 3070 or 3080 instead of a PS5 for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad