Sony PS5 2

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
In the least surprising move of 2021 Sony officially buys Bluepoint Games. Solid move and curious on what they have them doing next.

Edit: Appears they are working on their own IP, and not doing a port of something classic from Sony's IP such as Infamous or a big franchise they could license like Metal Gear or Silent Hill.

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The Touryst is finally on Playstation. I highly recommend it to people who want to play something fresh that doesn't look like unreal engine and unity. Very excited for Shinens next game.

Interestingly The Touryst has had some of the weirdest exclusivity I've seen from a game.

It started as a switch exclusive. Then it became a gamepass exclusive (while also being on switch ofc), and now its finally on PS4. Interestingly even after it left Gamepass its a Windows Store exclusive.
This game interestingly is officially the first native 8k 60fps game on PlayStation (and I assume console too), of course PS5 has no 8k output mode so it's downscaled to 4k

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton

I feel like I'm on the really minority list on this one, but I like the lineup.
Hell Let Loose is good for those who like more realistic shooters instead of the run and gun people down type.
Wouldn't mind this on the PS5. I've also been wanting to play 2k21 Golf, so this would be excellent for me.

I would probably give the golf game a try, haven't owned one since on the early 2000 Tiger Woods games. I remember enjoying it , but honestly spent more time in the logo and character creator then the actual game. Remember remaking the Blue Jays pixel by pixel.

Reactions: Oogie Boogie

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
In the least surprising move of 2021 Sony officially buys Bluepoint Games. Solid move and curious on what they have them doing next.

Edit: Appears they are working on their own IP, and not doing a port of something classic from Sony's IP such as Infamous or a big franchise they could license like Metal Gear or Silent Hill.

Like said above, apparently they are doing two projects... one new and one remake/remaster (but it won’t be metal gear)

Reactions: 93LEAFS

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Has anyone else upgraded their storage yet?

I did so today with a 1 TB Firecuda, it was pretty simple, only took a few mins to install and everything still worked afterwards so that was a plus as well

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Has anyone else upgraded their storage yet?

I did so today with a 1 TB Firecuda, it was pretty simple, only took a few mins to install and everything still worked afterwards so that was a plus as well

Yeah I did a 2 TB upgrade and watched the video from Sony on how to install it. Really easy but not as easy as the Xbox version was.

I just needed to make sure to buy one with a heat sinc.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Yeah I did a 2 TB upgrade and watched the video from Sony on how to install it. Really easy but not as easy as the Xbox version was.

I just needed to make sure to buy one with a heat sinc.

Yeah the xbox one was pretty simple, kinda wish there was a 2nd expansion slot just in case, hopefully they get game pass going from the cloud

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Did they change anything in the new final fantasy origins demo other than turning the difficulty way down and changing the resolution to 480p? So far it feels like its the exact same, did they tack anything on the end?

On some level I'm surprised this game isn't getting cancelled let alone already having a release date.

Also, it was kind of obvious from the start, but the new trailer kind of spells it out.
The protagonist of this game is the main antagonist of FF1. I dont even consider this a spoiler but just to be safe.

Last edited:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I played the pga golf tutorial. Seems like it could be a fun pick up and play thing occasionally. Wont complain for a free game. Doubt I’ll get too hardcore into it and do much of the career mode.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Did they change anything in the new final fantasy origins demo other than turning the difficulty way down and changing the resolution to 480p? So far it feels like its the exact same, did they tack anything on the end?

On some level I'm surprised this game isn't getting cancelled let alone already having a release date.

Also, it was kind of obvious from the start, but the new trailer kind of spells it out.
The protagonist of this game is the main antagonist of FF1. I dont even consider this a spoiler but just to be safe.
They added a new level, but you have to play the original level first. Also, had to see it to believe it, but lol, this is actually real.

This video doesn't even do it justice because the character literally is wearing Sonys real-life brand of airpods in his ears that are covered up by the armor the streamer put on his character.
Has anyone tried Hell let Loose? And is it good?
Not yet but Ive heard really good things

Reactions: robertmac43

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Is pro the normal difficulty? If it isn’t how easy is the game typically?

I don't think pro was the standard difficulty, but it has been a long time since I played it. Like many sports games I bought it and played a little while and got bored, it looks good and plays well but it is just a straight golf game, so it is what is is, there is nothing that hasn't been done before.

Though more cartoony I would say Everybody's Golf has more depth and will keep your interest longer, but if you are just looking for a golf game to goof around with here and there then PGA 2K is fine as well, and if you have PS+ it is free, so that's a bonus

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Is pro the normal difficulty? If it isn’t how easy is the game typically?

I’m not sure. Pro unlocks everything for you to see elevation and lies on the fairway and all that. The level below pro doesn’t. Also your swing is much more forgiving below pro. I mean this is my first time ever playing it so I could definitely just be bad at the game. I just found pro difficulty far more difficult than pro am or whatever it’s called.

Shot a -5 below pro.
Shot a +5 on pro both on easy rated courses.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Been playing alot of PGA Tour 2k21. ABout 7 tournaments away from finishing my first season and nearly unlocked all the trophies. Just the few career ones left, the score par on legend, and the online ones left. should be done before Friday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad