Sony PS4 #11: "Oh crap" - Nathan Drake

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Sony with an exclusive open beta for Worms of all things. I don't know what it is but this game is pretty good. Or maybe I'm just having fun cause everyone else is so terrible. Either way it's not bad. If you want to play it play it now cause I have a feeling this game is gonna die faaaast.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Picked up two games recently. Ghost of Tsushima for 50% off, playing it on PS5.

And my first PlayStation Hits title I've ever bought. I honestly tried to avoid it but it's nearly impossible to find a non-Hits version of this game: God of War III remastered.

The impressive thing about this game is it's 45 GB or so, exact same size as Horizon Zero Dawn, Ghost of Tsushima, etc. but it plays completely off the disc drive. Zero install to the hard drive.

Edit: You know what, after all this time I realize this isn't true. Some games only appear to be playing off the disc. In reality they quickly read a small portion of the game for you to play and then copy the rest in the background. Bluray drives read pretty quickly so it just creates the illusion of playing directly from the disc.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This is what pisses me off a bit about Black Friday...

AC: Origins Gold Edition (which comes with all the DLC): 20 bucks
AC: Origins Curse of the Pharoh DLC: 20 bucks

Like what the f***?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The rain looked worse than Demons souls almost.

And man I know its personal preference but I hated mafia 3s guts. I put it down once I recruited all 3 associates. The shooting wasn't that bad but they almost forced the awful stealth on you and the story was boring to me. Its one of the rare games where I couldn't even get halfway through. I usually power through it even if Im not having the most fun but this one suuuucked.

Too each their own.

Mafia 3 was the only game in the series I finished. And I loved it. I loved the setting, the music, the characters and the storyline. Didn't mind the combat and stealth kills at all.

*shrugs*

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I should probably buy last of us 2 since this will likely be the last sale it ever has before they put it in a stupid PlayStation Hits box

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Picked up Nioh 2 for 20 bucks.

I don't know what I was thinking, I hated the first game. Second is more of the same.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Not sure if this is the best thread for this, but I've been playing Horizon Zero Dawn for the first time and really enjoying it. Trying to stay relatively spoiler free and just explore/ do various quests at my own pace, but I am wondering if there is any rhyme or reason to the parts you get to harvest from machines? I.e., if you kill them in different ways, does it have any effect on the parts you can get, or is it pretty much random?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Not sure if this is the best thread for this, but I've been playing Horizon Zero Dawn for the first time and really enjoying it. Trying to stay relatively spoiler free and just explore/ do various quests at my own pace, but I am wondering if there is any rhyme or reason to the parts you get to harvest from machines? I.e., if you kill them in different ways, does it have any effect on the parts you can get, or is it pretty much random?
Dont think so. The parts that fall off do give different resources though, but killing say by knocking off their weapon and shooting them with it doesn't give anythign special, just makes it easier.

Reactions: DJ Spinoza

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Dont think so. The parts that fall off do give different resources though, but killing say by knocking off their weapon and shooting them with it doesn't give anythign special, just makes it easier.

Thanks, yeah after I posted, I noticed that there's an option in the skill tree to make rarer drops more common, so I guess that's my answer. Mainly I am curious due to the heart pieces that are necessary for buying various weapons, but I also gathered from reading around that there's a way to "give yourself" a quest on the map for finding specific pieces you need, so maybe I'll try that at some point.

I'm sort of at the point where I need to hone a strategy and find a rhthym, but really enjoying the game so far. It's a little easy to get sidetracked, but that hasn't been much of an issue.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Thanks, yeah after I posted, I noticed that there's an option in the skill tree to make rarer drops more common, so I guess that's my answer. Mainly I am curious due to the heart pieces that are necessary for buying various weapons, but I also gathered from reading around that there's a way to "give yourself" a quest on the map for finding specific pieces you need, so maybe I'll try that at some point.

I'm sort of at the point where I need to hone a strategy and find a rhthym, but really enjoying the game so far. It's a little easy to get sidetracked, but that hasn't been much of an issue.
There is, but I never figured it out. Its insanely confusing.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I wish it was possible to remove ever having played a game from your account. I played stranded deep and it felt like I stumbled upon life of black tiger. I swear this game was once featured on the front of the ps store, how is it this bad?

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I wish it was possible to remove ever having played a game from your account. I played stranded deep and it felt like I stumbled upon life of black tiger. I swear this game was once featured on the front of the ps store, how is it this bad?

You can unfollow games (in collections click ... and select unfollow). That will prevent the game from showing up in News section

Sorry, thats on PS5

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I definitely went overboard with the holiday sale on the Playstation store..

Assassins Creed Valhalla
Ghost of Tsushima
NHL 21 (rewind bundle)
Watch Dogs Legion
Crash Bandicoot 4
Monster Hunter World:Iceborne Master Edition
The Last of Us Part II
Immortals Fenyx Rising
Life Is Strange 2
The Walking Dead: The Final Season

Good thing I held off on a lot of these titles until now. Pretty good savings.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
You can unfollow games (in collections click ... and select unfollow). That will prevent the game from showing up in News section

Sorry, thats on PS5
No I mean completely remove it from the collection. Tbh I've always wanted something like this, I think trophy hunters would love it. I know guys that won't even play a game if they don't plan on platinuming it cause it'll leave a bad spot on their trophy list.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
No I mean completely remove it from the collection. Tbh I've always wanted something like this, I think trophy hunters would love it. I know guys that won't even play a game if they don't plan on platinuming it cause it'll leave a bad spot on their trophy list.
This used to be a feature on PS3, I don't recall if it made it to PS4, or if you can still do it on PS3 for that matter. Anyway you couldn't remove them completely, but you could hide them from others, so it would still show up on your own list. This feature was introduced around the time when PS4 was released, so late 2013 or early 2014. I bought mine a couple years later and at that point I didn't care anymore if I had a 0% game on my list or not, so I never bothered figuring out if you can do it on PS4.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'm curious if anyone can give me a quick answer about a mission in the last 1/3rd or so of Horizon: Zero Dawn. I'm trying to stay unspoiled and will put my own question in tags, even though it really doesn't say too much about the game other than a character's name:

I'm on this misson, and Sylens seems to be indicating that if I go down the vent, it's a point of no return. Does this mean I will be trapped on a linear sequence through a bunch of main missions until the end, or can I still do side missions and errands after a little while? I'm a bit confused because just from looking at the ToC of various walkthroughs, I can see that there are several missions still ahead, so I am unsure if Sylens just means I will be on a long mission now, or if it's the end of game warning.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I'm curious if anyone can give me a quick answer about a mission in the last 1/3rd or so of Horizon: Zero Dawn. I'm trying to stay unspoiled and will put my own question in tags, even though it really doesn't say too much about the game other than a character's name:

I'm on this misson, and Sylens seems to be indicating that if I go down the vent, it's a point of no return. Does this mean I will be trapped on a linear sequence through a bunch of main missions until the end, or can I still do side missions and errands after a little while? I'm a bit confused because just from looking at the ToC of various walkthroughs, I can see that there are several missions still ahead, so I am unsure if Sylens just means I will be on a long mission now, or if it's the end of game warning.
I can't remember what exactly happens, but nothing in this game is missable you can finish all the sidequests once the main story is over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad