Sony PS4 #11: "Oh crap" - Nathan Drake

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
It was clearly dated, but I enjoyed it. Playing original mafia now. It’s the same but worse. Good story. Clearly an old game.
The rain looked worse than Demons souls almost.

And man I know its personal preference but I hated mafia 3s guts. I put it down once I recruited all 3 associates. The shooting wasn't that bad but they almost forced the awful stealth on you and the story was boring to me. Its one of the rare games where I couldn't even get halfway through. I usually power through it even if Im not having the most fun but this one suuuucked.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Big PS4 sale going on.

- Ghost of Tsushima - $44.99 -

- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - $27.99

- Witcher 3 - $11.99

among others

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Also side question. Did anyone here purchase 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim? Curious how it is. Reading a few reviews, most people love it. But it seems like overall the strategy portion is OK, but what shines is the storyline.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Also side question. Did anyone here purchase 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim? Curious how it is. Reading a few reviews, most people love it. But it seems like overall the strategy portion is OK, but what shines is the storyline.

I picked it up, mostly for my wife. I've been watching so far and playing a little.

We're still in the tutorial stage, and I have no freaking clue what is going on so far. They dump a lot of dialogue and character backstory without a ton of context on you at the beginning.

It is an interesting plot so far and the gameplay, while it has yet to really ramp up, is pretty cool.

I can't give a recommendation one way or the other yet, obviously.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I'm ~15 hours into 13 Sentinels. The combat side is alright. Kinda easy (I turned the difficulty up right away), and visually you can tell it wasn't what they spent their money on. Like everything else in the game the combat missions don't seem to be chronological, either, so I'm not sure when they're even taking place yet.

Story side is definitely the draw. For how much it jumps around I'll say it's never felt like it has gone off the rails for me yet. There's also thankfully a giant timeline in the archive mode, and whenever you see an event happen it slots it into the timeline chronologically, so you can always check back there and kinda start piecing sequences together.

Also: references. So far I've seen E.T., Terminator, Evangelion, and Godzilla, at least. It gets edited out of the English subtitles but the Japanese voice work also explicitly name drops H. G. Wells at one point. Also there's a talking cat for some reason.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Terms of service update for the PS network. Guessing there was another hack I didn't hear about and I just waived my right to sue them.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Removing the wishlist makes zero sense, that's how I kept track of games I wanted to buy from future sales.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I can't log on to PSN on my PS4. Anybody else getting this error?
Yeah there's a new ToS as mentioned you need to agree to it to connect to PSN, but I'm sure you probably figured that out by now.

On a sidenote, I'm playing Sword Art Online just for kicks, why do these lower budget JRPGs always have such horrible anti-aliasing/low resolution. They can't be that demanding. Like bare minimum 1080p and fxaa shouldn't be that hard to hit.

Edit: this game might actually be 1080p but still tons of aliasing.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigMac1212

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Streets of Rage 4 plays directly off the disc. A rare example. It's actually one of the rare times my PS4 makes those "jet engine" noises people talk about is when the PS4 actually plays a game directly from the disc

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
In other news, goodness gracious they completely nuked the PSN store. Literally removed every single thing but the cover art and prices. No trailers or screenshots, no wishlists, no related games, the titles aren't even written out anymore outside the cover art.

I shudder to think how much the UI "experts" that designed this thing are getting paid. I mean the site is certainly faster now. Thats one way to make it more responsive.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Are these "Dark Pictures Anthology" games even selling? Are they good? They look like big budget games but I literally never hear anybody talk about them like they did with Until Dawn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad