Rumor: Sonny Milano available for a respectable draft pick, not expecting a 1st-rounder

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
I can't even drop hints at what it would take for me to be content with the Jackets taking on Lucic because it would start an instant, unstoppable, overwhelming flamewar.
Kassian for Milano?

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Devils might have interest. He was a draft pick while Paul Castron was there overseeing the amateur scouting who is now our scouting director.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Honestly i'd do Milano for a 3rd, our scouting blows outside the 1st anyways.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Kassian has 11 points in his last 18 games. He is also on the PK and can hit
Hon? When someone tells you "absolutely not" in reply to an offer, that doesn't mean "push back with more info as though they don't know who you're talking about". The answer will not only remain "no", it'll get even more vehement.

* * *​
Plus, I don't think that's necessarily that great of a deal for the Oilers.
Doesn't help us either; Kassian doesn't provide anything we don't already have six or seven of. It's kind of a "futures or bust" situation, as indicated by the tweet in the OP.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Hon? When someone tells you "absolutely not" in reply to an offer, that doesn't mean "push back with more info as though they don't know who you're talking about". The answer will not only remain "no", it'll get even more vehement.

* * *​

Doesn't help us either; Kassian doesn't provide anything we don't already have six or seven of. It's kind of a "futures or bust" situation, as indicated by the tweet in the OP.
I saw a possible deal since Columbus is going all in this season. Kassian was good during the Oilers run and has been good this season

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I saw a possible deal since Columbus is going all in this season. Kassian was good during the Oilers run and has been good this season
Read the OP. If you look carefully, you'll notice that tweet says he's available for "a respectable draft pick". Kassian is not a draft pick; he is a player with a cap hit and a skillset we're already overrepresented in. Lucic is not a draft pick; he is a supermassive black hole of anti-value. You are offering the wrong things, and getting pushy when you are told they are the wrong things.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Read the OP. If you look carefully, you'll notice that tweet says he's available for "a respectable draft pick". Kassian is not a draft pick; he is a player with a cap hit and a skillset we're already overrepresented in. Lucic is not a draft pick; he is a supermassive black hole of anti-value. You are offering the wrong things, and getting pushy when you are told they are the wrong things.
I'm not getting pushy. I was just giving an explanation.
To add on, the Oilers traded Letestu to Nashville last season, who flipped him for a pick from Columbus.

Columbus could acquire a player than flip him

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
yeah leafs lw depth is ass, i wouldn't be surprised in a years time if he pans out he was our 2nd best lw.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
3rd from a playoff team, or a 4th from a weaker team.

EDM should offer Chiasson or Kassian and see if Columbus likes either of those options. If not, then offer the 4th rounder.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm not getting pushy. I was just giving an explanation.
To add on, the Oilers traded Letestu to Nashville last season, who flipped him for a pick from Columbus.

Columbus could acquire a player than flip him
"Flip him for what you really want" is how you get ripped off, not how you get valuable assets. Because every GM will recognize you've taken on someone you don't need and/or can't use, and they'll throw you garbage rather than that which you need.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
"Flip him for what you really want" is how you get ripped off, not how you get valuable assets. Because every GM will recognize you've taken on someone you don't need and/or can't use, and they'll throw you garbage rather than that which you need.
The point of an individual being a GM is their ability to adjust in certain situation to get a good result for their team.

I do not see a third round pick as a "valuable asset". Third round picks are traded like candy at the Trade Deadline. You are looking at this scenario at a larger scale like trading Panarin. We are talking about f***ing Milano here. He is not a valuable asset.

For example, last season, Nashville wanted a pick for Aberg (prospect like Milano); however, they were unable to find a trade partner. Instead of trading Aberg for low return like a 5th round pick, they traded him to Edmonton in order to flip that player to get a better return.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
It's a good thing we didn't give up our mid-1st rounder in 2014. Can't imagine what the state of the franchise would be like 5 years later!

Reactions: Mac DeMarco

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad