Rumor: Sonny Milano available for a respectable draft pick, not expecting a 1st-rounder

Cbus1979

Jan 18, 2014
Milano had 14 goals in 50 plus games his 1st full season last year.He does have skill.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The point of an individual being a GM is their ability to adjust in certain situation to get a good result for their team.

I do not see a third round pick as a "valuable asset". Third round picks are traded like candy at the Trade Deadline. You are looking at this scenario at a larger scale like trading Panarin. We are talking about ****ing Milano here. He is not a valuable asset.
That's nice. I'm still not seeing anything here that justifies us trading for a guy we don't need and that the Oilers have been utterly unable to move. We don't actually have to move Milano, y'know.

For example, last season, Nashville wanted a pick for Aberg (prospect like Milano); however, they were unable to find a trade partner. Instead of trading Aberg for low return like a 5th round pick, they traded him to Edmonton in order to flip that player to get a better return.
Oh, spare me. You don't get to lecture on prudent trades when you start out trying to pass off Milan ****ing Lucic as somehow having any value whatsoever in a straight up trade for anything.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
That's nice. I'm still not seeing anything here that justifies us trading for a guy we don't need and that the Oilers have been utterly unable to move. We don't actually have to move Milano, y'know.

Oh, spare me. You don't get to lecture on prudent trades when you start out trying to pass off Milan ****ing Lucic as somehow having any value whatsoever in a straight up trade for anything.
I think the joke flew right over your head.

I said lucic then responded with a series of sentences that kind of rhymed (hit and s_it)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
What's the scouting report on him? Strengths, weaknesses?

Milano can score highlight reel goals with his high-end puck skills, speed, and creativity. Can cycle well but doesn't use his linemates all that well. Is not good at staying on his skates - for a 200 lb kid he gets knocked over very easily. Scores readily from the goal line but doesn't get to the middle of the ice as much as you'd like.

He's not strong defensively but not terrible at it either. He can be a good puck thief at times. The issue is more in offensive consistency and playing the team structure. He tends to like to freelance.

Could this be a Frank Vatrano type situation? An offense only type of winger, skates well, needs a change of scenery. Then gets it, plays with high end players, on pace for 20+ goals and ~50 point.

For a 3rd I think it might be worth a look. He has the speed to keep up, for sure, and he can finish plays. I'm not sure if it will help McDavid's goal totals. You might want a more reliable player on his wing. Milano can create something out of nothing but then will also often create nothing out of something, which doesn't sound like a good complement to McDavid.

Reactions: Viqsi

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
he loses waiver exemption after this season and would be waiver fodder at that point. 3rd round pick maybe. 2nd feels too risky for him.

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
Milano had 14 goals in 50 plus games his 1st full season last year.He does have skill.

22pts in those 55 games and he has spent most of the year on the farm. He also been injured a few times over the past 4 years and the stat I saw suggested he missed 10 to 20 games a year due to injures. That hurts his value

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Could this be a Frank Vatrano type situation? An offense only type of winger, skates well, needs a change of scenery. Then gets it, plays with high end players, on pace for 20+ goals and ~50 point.

I should add - If Milano doesn't work with McDavid, he's still a good bet to win a roster spot in Edmonton, especially if you don't mind putting a soft player like him on the 4th line. He can score by himself so he's more useful in some ways than Rattie, Rieder, etc...

Reactions: 780il

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Not sure. To my knowledge Puljujarvi has not been made available for a non first round pick, so I don't really know what's been offered.
I'm mostly talking about fans, not teams.

Milano most likely will return a third round pick.

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
He has the skill. He's one of those players where if he doesn't crack your top 6 he gets lost in the shuffle. Not defensively responsible enough for bottom 6.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->