News Article: Son of Canucks GM Jim Benning attacked outside Yaletown nightspot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I hope this is not hockey related. To be honest regardless what it is, it’s f***ing stupid. So sick of this shit. This gang mentality , get in a group and think you’re a tough guy. All 4 of these guys live at home with their moms still and have their lunches made for them.

the world is basically all video taped now. There’s gotta be 20 different cameras in that area plus the camera phones from the cowards filming the incident.
Find these 4 boys (not men) , and put them in jail. Then fine their parents $100,000 each , because we are all born innocent. They weren’t born assholes, they learned it from someone.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Seems a bit racist that she thinks she knows their ethnicity as they are wailing on her brother....

Did she get a look at their passports or see their profiles in Linkedin as these losers were committing these terrible acts.

Maybe they were speaking Farsi and she picked up on it? Maybe there was a conversation beforehand that led to the altercation which they alluded to their heritage?

pretty quick to pull out the “racist” card , but I get it. It’s cool now. Let’s gloss over the 4-1 assault and show the board how woke you are.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Describing Canadians by their family ethnicity.... just seems racist.

If my family is 4th generation from Italy..... you don't need to refer me in the paper as a guy with Italian ethnicity..... I am 100% Canadian.

We are all Canucks.
Jesus. A serious crime was committed. All information relative to the assailants is important. No one's talking about introducing you as a guy with Italian ethnicity when you walk through the doors on bingo night.

Last edited:

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
He'd barely been here for a week and declared himself the king of Vancouver radio. Botch went at him for that.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
He'd barely been here for a week and declared himself the king of Vancouver radio. Botch went at him for that.
I am ok with a skilled media personality playing heel as long as they do it well.

I guess what I am trying to say is Andrew Walker can’t sniff David Pratt’s leather pants.

Reactions: vanuck and rypper

KingofSurrey

Jan 15, 2020
in da hood
Maybe they were speaking Farsi and she picked up on it? Maybe there was a conversation beforehand that led to the altercation which they alluded to their heritage?

pretty quick to pull out the “racist” card , but I get it. It’s cool now. Let’s gloss over the 4-1 assault and show the board how woke you are.

Those losers will get busted ASAP. So many cameras nowdays... I am sure they can pull video from nearby and ID these losers...

I am definately not woke. I have been in my share of late night dust ups... but not once did i manage to get to look at my dance partners family history.....

Police need to do their job. No resort to racist media attempts that only harm individual ethnic communities

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I've never heard Persia as a modern reference only as an ancient one. Thanks.

as others have pointed out, it’s extremely common terminology on the north shore, where the community and their neighbours say persian.

so if benning’s daughter has spent a lot of time in west van, she probably does recognize a persian person from other ethnicities.

i remember when i first heard someone casually say persian, though, i also was taken aback. it felt like a chinese person calling themselves oriental, like is that something we say in this day and age? until the person i was talking to explained to me that the whole community says it.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

KingofSurrey

Jan 15, 2020
in da hood
[QUOTE="vadim sharifijanov, post: 180594700, member: 61169
so if benning’s daughter has spent a lot of time in west van, she probably does recognize a persian person from other ethnicities.
.[/QUOTE]

Yah all people of Iranian descent .... all look alike ...
Right ?

Today i saw 2 guys walking down Robson... I am pretty sure by their look they are Croatian.......

LOL

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
as others have pointed out, it’s extremely common terminology on the north shore, where the community and their neighbours say persian.

i remember when i first heard someone casually say persian, though, i also was taken aback. it felt like a chinese person calling themselves oriental, like is that something we say in this day and age? until the person i was talking to explained to me that the whole community says it.
I’m from Burnaby, Vancouver, and the north shore in my adult life. I have heard the term “Persian pride” probably multiple times per year between the ages of like 16 and my current 39.

KingofSurrey

Jan 15, 2020
in da hood
Right ?
Please stop victim blaming.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious... I have posted about 5 times already that the 4 scum that did this terrible act will soon get busted and hopefully charged / convicted / punished fully..

I hate thugs.... but i also hate racist meda / policing.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Right ?

Today i saw 2 guys walking down Robson... I am pretty sure by their look they are Croatian.......

LOL

i mean i think a lot of ppl from richmond would be able to distinguish if they were watching four mainland chinese ppl beating the shit out of someone from four cantonese ppl?

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Something's bothered me for a long time. Botchford blocked me on Twitter. I have no idea why or when that was. I was a follower of his on Twitter and a fan of his so that really bothered me. When he died I went to his Twitter page to discover I was blocked. The only possible reason I could think of was that he did it out of solidarity with Andrew Walker, because I tore a strip off Walker once when he posted a modeling photo of his below a sports tweet. It was ridiculous. I called him Fabio and that really pissed him off. Now that I've read your post I realize I may have been wrong. I guess it will remain a mystery. Or it could have been a mistake I guess.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Really - languages make people look different... ?

people have ears

that said, i’m also not going to discount your assumption that she’s just being racist and profiling. i mean it’s certainly not off the table and it wouldn’t exactly be surprising that a person would be like that.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I did here the term Persian used around the North Shore back in the day

not sure if it is still used at all today but she did use the term.

I think bridge and tunnel crowd is used mostly when you see those large groups or gangs today

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Something's bothered me for a long time. Botchford blocked me on Twitter. I have no idea why or when that was. I was a follower of his on Twitter and a fan of his so that really bothered me. When he died I went to his Twitter page to discover I was blocked. The only possible reason I could think of was that he did it out of solidarity with Andrew Walker, because I tore a strip off Walker once when he posted a modeling photo of his below a sports tweet. It was ridiculous. I called him Fabio and that really pissed him off. Now that I've read your post I realize I may have been wrong. I guess it will remain a mystery. Or it could have been a mistake I guess.

Botch loved a good twitter block, then he would unblock you if you got someone to ask, It was one way he interacted with the fans. I know I would get a kick if I asked him to unblock someone and he did

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Persians? Who the hell would recognize Persians on sight? Who even calls it Persia now?
I can usually tell, and im white.
And also, anyone under like 40 yrs old would likely call them persian rather iranian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad